AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
it's important that person who sponser should be in Canada and working full time to show that he/she is paying taxs. Otherwise Visa office have 101 reason to reject and they just want one.

Smiler thing happend to my bro, he use to work for US based company from Canada so when he applied for his wife Visa office wanted to know if he was in Canada from May - July (random dates) they wanted proof of living, pics, anything that could proof that he was living in canada.

I won't be suprised if they ask for sister for the same info.

B

bestplace4u

Style said:
it's important that person who sponser should be in Canada and working full time to show that he/she is paying taxs. Otherwise Visa office have 101 reason to reject and they just want one.

Smiler thing happend to my bro, he use to work for US based company from Canada so when he applied for his wife Visa office wanted to know if he was in Canada from May - July (random dates) they wanted proof of living, pics, anything that could proof that he was living in canada.

I won't be suprised if they ask for sister for the same info.
as per the rule canadian citizen can sponsor his/her spouse while living outside of canada all they need to proof they will return to canada once their spouse gets the visa.
They just ask random docs from different people it depends on case to case basis.

loon

Jul 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends, I need your guidance..i m from Pakistan and i am being sponsored by my husband..who is a Canadian PR..we filed my application 10 months ago..got the AOR on 24th august!...Every thing was going smoothly until now..i received a letter dated 25th may asking for filled supplementary form..i filled it..sent it..was waiting for some good news..when i received this letter dated 28th june...the letter stated that..."You may not meet the requirements of section 4" which is :

"For the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national should be considered a spouse, a common law partner if the marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act."

You have stated that ruksati is not planned until the visa is obtained(WE DIDNT STATE ANYTHING LIKE THAT ANY WHERE IN MY APPLICATION IN FACT WE EVEN DID MATERIALIZE OUR RUKHSATI IN MAY BEFORE ANY APPROVAL)

Further immigration officer asked "Please advise what plans you and your sponsor have if your application for permanent residence is not approved" and advised to submit substantial evidence to ensure all elements of genuine relationship to your sponsor before any final decision is made...

We did send them a letter stating that rukhsati has taken place along with different evidences(pics,invoices,reservation receipt etc.. ) ...we told them that our relationship is genuine n we are meant to be together..and that if I am unable to join my husband in Canada he may decide to leave his job and country to join me here...

Now m too concerned and worried... what does this kind of letter mean?Can any of u please throw light on this..are they being overly suspicious in my case?..m panicking..i don't know what to expect now..i shall really appreciate any help or any info regarding my case ! :( Has any one of you received this kind of letter?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
loon said:
Hello Friends, I need your guidance..i m from Pakistan and i am being sponsored by my husband..who is a Canadian PR..we filed my application 10 months ago..got the AOR on 24th august!...Every thing was going smoothly until now..i received a letter dated 25th may asking for filled supplementary form..i filled it..sent it..was waiting for some good news..when i received this letter dated 28th june...the letter stated that..."You may not meet the requirements of section 4" which is :

"For the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national should be considered a spouse, a common law partner if the marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act."

You have stated that ruksati is not planned until the visa is obtained(WE DIDNT STATE ANYTHING LIKE THAT ANY WHERE IN MY APPLICATION IN FACT WE EVEN DID MATERIALIZE OUR RUKHSATI IN MAY BEFORE ANY APPROVAL)

Further immigration officer asked "Please advise what plans you and your sponsor have if your application for permanent residence is not approved" and advised to submit substantial evidence to ensure all elements of genuine relationship to your sponsor before any final decision is made...

We did send them a letter stating that rukhsati has taken place along with different evidences(pics,invoices,reservation receipt etc.. ) ...we told them that our relationship is genuine n we are meant to be together..and that if I am unable to join my husband in Canada he may decide to leave his job and country to join me here...

Now m too concerned and worried... what does this kind of letter mean?Can any of u please throw light on this..are they being overly suspicious in my case?..m panicking..i don't know what to expect now..i shall really appreciate any help or any info regarding my case ! :( Has any one of you received this kind of letter?
They have concerns regarding genuineness of the marriage. Send them as much of the proof of marriage and the proof that you are regularly in touch with your mate for example phone bills records, e.mail record, EVERYTHING that can prove your marriage, and do not worry about your case. All will ultimately be fine.

B

bestplace4u

loon said:

This really sucks what u shud have done to proof it get the letter from parents signed and notarized or on stamp paper regarding the genuineness of wedding.
It means we all shud keep all the proof until we get the visa i was thinking not to save emails and our conversations history anymore but i will start doing it again. :eek:

loon

Jul 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanx bestplace4u...but wat kind of stamp paper do u mean?i didnt send any..i mailed them a handful of docs..which includes hotel reservations in which we both stayed..reservation receipt of venue..where our ruksati function was held..invoices of gifts..invitations cards..n loads of pics..our telephone bill..chat conversations..etc! n yup dont discard nething as of now..they can ask for nething!they are being too particular this year! i read somewhere they are allowing more immigrants under the skill worker criterion due to recession..n lesser spouses in the year 2010..but cic website says they wont reduce the number in the family or humanitarian immigration categories..i hope itz the case..but nehow itz high time to be over cautious n make our cases as strong as possible! thtz wat i think :( but all the very best! lets hope we all hear some good news soon!

B

bestplace4u

loon said:
thanx bestplace4u...but wat kind of stamp paper do u mean?i didnt send any..i mailed them a handful of docs..which includes hotel reservations in which we both stayed..reservation receipt of venue..where our ruksati function was held..invoices of gifts..invitations cards..n loads of pics..our telephone bill..chat conversations..etc! n yup dont discard nething as of now..they can ask for nething!they are being too particular this year! i read somewhere they are allowing more immigrants under the skill worker criterion due to recession..n lesser spouses in the year 2010..but cic website says they wont reduce the number in the family or humanitarian immigration categories..i hope itz the case..but nehow itz high time to be over cautious n make our cases as strong as possible! thtz wat i think :( but all the very best! lets hope we all hear some good news soon!
Well i think u have sent enough already Insha Allah these docs will be fine for you well as far as skilled worker is concern if you check out the job category list its now so specific with IT and educational professions removed what i think this is just to show they announced to increase the quota but at the back.

loon

Jul 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yup true! juz hoping for good..m planning to send some more pics of my husbands visits voluntarily juz to support my application..itz too long a wait..itz been almost 11 months.. :( they are being too lazy..they really need to take some efforts n speed up all the processes!

B

bestplace4u

loon said:
yup true! juz hoping for good..m planning to send some more pics of my husbands visits voluntarily juz to support my application..itz too long a wait..itz been almost 11 months.. :( they are being too lazy..they really need to take some efforts n speed up all the processes!
Thats a good thing i guess to send more documents voluntarily but take advice from more people if it doesn't slow down the process and if u r sending it then get few letters also like i was saying from your family like parents and siblings or family friends that u guys were married and lived together and had a rukhsati too get them notarized.

loon

Jul 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea u do make a point..the mp has told my husband hez gona take some updates from the embassy at the end of this month..m waiting for that..then..i ll send more pics n more docs to support my application..urz is a good idea too..thaxx!! :)

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ALL,

I am new member here and I did sponser my wife in Dec 2009. I have a friend in Pakistan and his sister was working in CHC about 1 month back I heard from my friend saying that all the Pakistani administration stff is on 6 month vacation and all the canadian staff are no longer working in ISLMBD, ofcourse it make sense to me when there is security concern no body will put his/her life at risk. Any way officers visit ISLMBD about avg once in 3 month to take the new files and drop the completed files than they go back to Dubai & London and work from there, so this remind me that even a file which is completed still it will be in process untill officer arrive in ISLMBD.

Any thoughts ? comments?

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
i applied in june 2009 and today by the grace of God i have received my ppr ie passport request.it took around 13 months to get PPR. My lawyer told me that usually there are 10 or more people working in Isb but now there are 3 or 4.Isb is only handling sponsorship cases the rest are being redirected to London.
the timeline for Pakistan is also posted and my case is within the given time frame.

B

bestplace4u

connect786 said:
i applied in june 2009 and today by the grace of God i have received my ppr ie passport request.it took around 13 months to get PPR. My lawyer told me that usually there are 10 or more people working in Isb but now there are 3 or 4.Isb is only handling sponsorship cases the rest are being redirected to London.
the timeline for Pakistan is also posted and my case is within the given time frame.
Congratz connect you will be your loved one soon wish u very best of luck