10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
how have u been recieving GST cheques

i informed them of my marriage last month and didnt recieve these checks in 2011 at all i got themin 2010

since HST began havent seen one of those cheques its almost year

most likely u will have to pay back bro

raptorsfan said:
To Everyone:

I have a question.

Yesterday I received 2 letters from CRA. One was for GST and the other one was for OST. They were asking me to owe some money back to them. It turns out that my accountant notified CRA that I am married and the maritial status is changed on their system. They are saying that I have racked up a certain amount of GST/OST credit from July 2011 to June 2012 when I was not supposed to. The government now wants a certain amount back. Almost $400.

And yes, the only reason I didn't inform them about being "Married" was because I wanted to rack up a good amount of GST/OST. Its good side income every quarter.

I can't afford to pay back $400 to the government. My wife is not even a PR of Canada nor does she have a SIN number. She has not even landed in Canada yet. In the books of CRA, I should not owe anything.

What do you guys think?

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
raptorsfan said:
To Everyone:

I have a question.

Yesterday I received 2 letters from CRA. One was for GST and the other one was for OST. They were asking me to owe some money back to them. It turns out that my accountant notified CRA that I am married and the maritial status is changed on their system. They are saying that I have racked up a certain amount of GST/OST credit from July 2011 to June 2012 when I was not supposed to. The government now wants a certain amount back. Almost $400.

And yes, the only reason I didn't inform them about being "Married" was because I wanted to rack up a good amount of GST/OST. Its good side income every quarter.

I can't afford to pay back $400 to the government. My wife is not even a PR of Canada nor does she have a SIN number. She has not even landed in Canada yet. In the books of CRA, I should not owe anything.

What do you guys think?
it should not effect you in anyway regardless of your info being changed becuase your wife was not here in Canada and also were not working here. I even got more money for my tax return as my consltant mention to CRA that I am married and I support my wife financially and send her wire transfer every month based on which CRA gave me $2000.00 back which I happily despoit into my wedding saving account lol

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
FM_jun said:
hi.can any one help me...my consultant told me today that cic has doing work on my file & from last 3 months i got reply for cic my application is active & in queue of waiting .My still status shows application received .what is that mean?is it am getting IMM forms request or what?
my file was transfered in September 2011 and uptil now my ecase just shows the same thing "application received" but on the other side on May 25th I got imm forms request along with request to submit proof of contacts and updats on my plan for ruksati...Also its been 3 months since my address is removed from my ecase and they didnt put it back yet so I guess ecase is messed up.

R

raptorsfan

Khilafah5 said:
how have u been recieving GST cheques

i informed them of my marriage last month and didnt recieve these checks in 2011 at all i got themin 2010

since HST began havent seen one of those cheques its almost year

most likely u will have to pay back bro
Its called "government ko chuuna lagana"

Read my post again....hahahahahaha

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad (Wife's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
13 Jul 2012 Suppl Forms + re-PCC
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012, Received 26 Nov 2012 ecase
Interview........
Suck'a'Lemon [IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/babygirl.gif[/IMG]
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
FM_jun said:
hi.can any one help me...my consultant told me today that cic has doing work on my file & from last 3 months i got reply for cic my application is active & in queue of waiting .My still status shows application received .what is that mean?is it am getting IMM forms request or what?
They are also working on my wife's file for last 3 months, as per my MP's secretary. Nothing so far from them though. I am Dec 2010 time line, and you are worrying about you Sep 2011. :)

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
raptorsfan said:

so the accountant i went to in 2011 didnt do it forme

i had my brother do my 2011 taxes i got alot back and he fixed my 2010 taxes and going to get 2000$$ next month

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
khanb5 said:
it should not effect you in anyway regardless of your info being changed becuase your wife was not here in Canada and also were not working here. I even got more money for my tax return as my consltant mention to CRA that I am married and I support my wife financially and send her wire transfer every month based on which CRA gave me $2000.00 back which I happily despoit into my wedding saving account lol
I have also informed CRA that I am married and asked them to give me spousal credit to the amount of $10,000/=. This means, if they accept it, that I will also get few grands from them. I will buy them(wife & child) something from this money. 8)

Hahahaha, Khilafah exactly. I will fix mine too from 2010, only after they have done it for 2011. I have sent them proof of marriage and immigration papers. This is gonna be a blast. :D

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
Cool_Heaqded said:
I have also informed CRA that I am married and asked them to give me spousal credit to the amount of $10,000/=. This means, if they accept it, that I will also get few grands from them. I will buy them(wife & child) something from this money. 8)

Hahahaha, Khilafah exactly. I will fix mine too from 2010, only after they have done it for 2011. I have sent them proof of marriage and immigration papers. This is gonna be a blast. :D
wow 10 grant lucky you...my income is in higher bracket and due to which I wasnt sapose to get any but I shows them that I have my wife's responsiblites now thats a reason they gave me only 2000 back however they kill me on taxes from my pay they take 1200 off my pay biweekly.

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
khanb5 said:
wow 10 grant lucky you...my income is in higher bracket and due to which I wasnt sapose to get any but I shows them that I have my wife's responsiblites now thats a reason they gave me only 2000 back however they kill me on taxes from my pay they take 1200 off my pay biweekly.
I was talking about spousal credit. There are two types of credits personal credit & spousal credit, not real money in hand. Every one gets spousal credit, and the amount is the same around 10K for federal and 8K for provincial. Then how much you get back depends upon your salary bracket.

I hope that makes it clear. :)

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
Cool_Heaqded said:
I was talking about spousal credit. There are two types of credits personal credit & spousal credit, not real money in hand. Every one gets spousal credit, and the amount is the same around 10K including federal and provincial. Then how much you get back depends upon your salary bracket.

I hope that makes it clear. :)
bhai jst need some more clearification on it i will send you pm otherwise I will be a cause of inconvienence for members not intrested in non-visa related issues.

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
khanb5 said:
bhai jst need some more clearification on it i will send you pm otherwise I will be a cause of inconvienence for members not intrested in non-visa related issues.
BTW, you have just disclosed how much you earn: your salary deductions 1200 bi weekly = around 3500 paycheck bi weekly = around 90K / year. ;D

Rich man. And I am not an accountant. Just guessing I could be wrong.

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
khanb5 said:
Disclaimer: I am not an accountant. I am posting something from CRA website. Accountant will be in a better position to tell you exactly how much you will claim.

=============== Federal Credits =====

If, at any time in the year, you supported your spouse or common-law partner and his or her net income was: This relates to spouse's income

- less than $10,527, calculate your amount on line 303 of your Schedule 1, Federal Tax (means deduct her income from this amount. In our case wife is not working so you claim $10,527); or
- $10,527 or more, you cannot claim a spouse or common-law partner amount. Does not apply to us.

Read further:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/303/menu-eng.html

====== Ontario Credits ===== Quebec would almost be the same too.

Line 5812 - Spouse or common-law partner amount

You can claim this amount if the rules are met for claiming the amount on line 303 of federal Schedule 1 and your spouse's or common-law partner's net income (line 236 of his or her return, or the amount that it would be if he or she filed a return) is less than $8,503 (this applied to us and we should claim it).

Complete the calculation on Form ON428, and enter the amount on line 5812.

Note
Enter your marital status and the information about your spouse or common-law partner (including his or her net income, even if it is zero) in the Identification area on page 1 of your return.

Read further:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/5006-pc/5006-pc-11e.html#P35_2818

=========

Now how much you will get back depends on your tax bracket. If income is more than a specific amount then NO HST credits. If qualify then you get HST credits. Khanb5 You won't get any HST credits. Period.

I hope that will ease the understanding.

:)

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
raptorsfan said:

Not a laughing matter. Stuff like this grinds my gears. Hard working Canadians pay their taxes and every desi and their mother is taking najaiz benefits for some reason or another saying "chuna lagarahy hain". Be glad they are only asking you for $400 and not $4000. Once you've been notified by Canada Revenue for anything at all, you are on their radar and you can expect an audit at any time. Pay it and pray they dont come after you again. I know someone who has $16000 in benefits seized directly from their bank account in 2011. They were receiving child tax benefits while their family was overseas. Canada Revenue sent them a letter and seized all the funds right out from their account. Every single person receiving najaiz benefits and money from the government should have the same thing happen to them. Its not even halal money.

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
raptorsfan said:
To Everyone:

I have a question.

What do you guys think?
I think just informing that you are married and you got this pay-back notice; does not look real to me. You get HST credits if you are in certain income group. If you earn more then you do not get it.

Yes, one thing can happen, if you claim HST credit on behalf of your spouse and the spouse is not in Canada, then you will and should pay it back. It was wrong in the first place.

missingmyjaan

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 03 2012
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
May 15 2012
Med's Done....
May 28 2012
Cool_Heaqded said:
I think just informing that you are married and you got this pay-back notice; does not look real to me. You get HST credits if you are in some income group. If you earn more then you do not get it.

Yes, one thing can happen, if you claim HST credit on behalf of your spouse and the spouse is not in Canada, then you will and should pay it back. It was wrong in the first place.

I got a letter from CRA, they want me to pay them back like 120$ because I'm married now. I don't even work, I'm a full time student. I'm so confused...?