Suck'a'Lemon [IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/babygirl.gif[/IMG]
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
missingmyjaan said:
I got a letter from CRA, they want me to pay them back like 120$ because I'm married now. I don't even work, I'm a full time student. I'm so confused...?
Call them and explain the situation. If you are a student and you are married, I believe you should not have to pay them back anything specially when your spouse is not here yet (I assume so). Just call them; your situation can be resolved. They will find a way to payback, in case you must pay back. May be some installments etc.

Then post the info here for others to benefit from your experience.

khanb5

Aug 8, 2011
RougeAmour said:
Not a laughing matter. Stuff like this grinds my gears. Hard working Canadians pay their taxes and every desi and their mother is taking najaiz benefits for some reason or another saying "chuna lagarahy hain". Be glad they are only asking you for $400 and not $4000. Once you've been notified by Canada Revenue for anything at all, you are on their radar and you can expect an audit at any time. Pay it and pray they dont come after you again. I know someone who has $16000 in benefits seized directly from their bank account in 2011. They were receiving child tax benefits while their family was overseas. Canada Revenue sent them a letter and seized all the funds right out from their account. Every single person receiving najaiz benefits and money from the government should have the same thing happen to them. Its not even halal money.
completly agree with you....
Cool_Heaqded said:
Disclaimer: I am not an accountant. I am posting something from CRA website. Accountant will be in a better position to tell you exactly how much you will claim.

=============== Federal Credits =====

If, at any time in the year, you supported your spouse or common-law partner and his or her net income was: This relates to spouse's income

- less than $10,527, calculate your amount on line 303 of your Schedule 1, Federal Tax (means deduct her income from this amount. In our case wife is not working so you claim $10,527); or
- $10,527 or more, you cannot claim a spouse or common-law partner amount. Does not apply to us.

Read further:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/303/menu-eng.html

====== Ontario Credits ===== Quebec would almost be the same too.

Line 5812 - Spouse or common-law partner amount

You can claim this amount if the rules are met for claiming the amount on line 303 of federal Schedule 1 and your spouse's or common-law partner's net income (line 236 of his or her return, or the amount that it would be if he or she filed a return) is less than $8,503 (this applied to us and we should claim it).

Complete the calculation on Form ON428, and enter the amount on line 5812.

Note
Enter your marital status and the information about your spouse or common-law partner (including his or her net income, even if it is zero) in the Identification area on page 1 of your return.

Read further:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/5006-pc/5006-pc-11e.html#P35_2818

=========

Now how much you will get back depends on your tax bracket. If income is more than a specific amount then NO HST credits. If qualify then you get HST credits. Khanb5 You won't get any HST credits. Period.

I hope that will ease the understanding.

:)
what ever money I am making I tuly beleive that is a result of my parents dua also my wife make dua for me too. Secondly kehte hain ke jab apka nikah hota hai to dono ki kismat mil jati hai aur wife apnay naseeb ka lekar ati hai I found it very true Mashallah se Nikah ke baad se I had so may good things in my life I feel completely blessed.

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
Imtihaan said:
I finally got an email response from chc after 6 weeks.

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is waiting to be reviewed
by a decision-making officer. After this review, the file will be
advanced to the next stage of processing.

I am sooooooooooooooo excited. Finally a ray of light is shinning upon me. I thought I was still in the queue for review by immigration officer. But Alhumdulillah...I am almost there too. I LOVE ALLAH SWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels good ALHUMDULILAH. Really guys....that is such a relief. Now I can go and watch "Snow white and the huntsman"'s sneak preview.
Congratulations! You will get PPR letter very soon InshaAllah ! :)

Kiinngg Farakh Gujjar

Apr 25, 2012
Re: Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!
« Reply #5036 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »
Yes, they received my package on 7th march. I hadn't heard anything until this morning an was beginning to worry! Lol! Even though they haven't updated thru website (which still says working on applications received feb 7!) looks like they are into March! I hope u guys here something soon!

Re: Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!
« Reply #5031 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:51 am »

Hey s2gordon - congratulations on the approval!
Just wanted to check with you - when was your application received? on the 7th of March according to the spreadsheet, but I just want to confirm - that would be awesome, meaning that they have started with March applicants! :) (i'm in April, so next in line so to speak!).

Thanks,
Sweden

R.Mujgani

Champion Member
May 14, 2011
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2011
AOR Received.
Wakalat Nama March 2012/ Supp. forms June 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2011 (Ecase changed to IN PROCCESS October 26 2012)
Med's Request
November 21th 2012
Med's Done....
November 29th 2012
Interview........
Waived Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah April 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamdulillah June 28 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah July 14 2013
raptorsfan said:
To Everyone:

I have a question.

Yesterday I received 2 letters from CRA. One was for GST and the other one was for OST. They were asking me to owe some money back to them. It turns out that my accountant notified CRA that I am married and the maritial status is changed on their system. They are saying that I have racked up a certain amount of GST/OST credit from July 2011 to June 2012 when I was not supposed to. The government now wants a certain amount back. Almost $400.

And yes, the only reason I didn't inform them about being "Married" was because I wanted to rack up a good amount of GST/OST. Its good side income every quarter.

I can't afford to pay back $400 to the government. My wife is not even a PR of Canada nor does she have a SIN number. She has not even landed in Canada yet. In the books of CRA, I should not owe anything.

What do you guys think?
lmao bhai i also received this n i calledf then tht my hubby os in pakistan n ot here he told me to write a letter to them n they will give me money bak or i will owe them less

R

raptorsfan

RougeAmour said:
Not a laughing matter. Stuff like this grinds my gears. Hard working Canadians pay their taxes and every desi and their mother is taking najaiz benefits for some reason or another saying "chuna lagarahy hain". Be glad they are only asking you for $400 and not $4000. Once you've been notified by Canada Revenue for anything at all, you are on their radar and you can expect an audit at any time. Pay it and pray they dont come after you again. I know someone who has $16000 in benefits seized directly from their bank account in 2011. They were receiving child tax benefits while their family was overseas. Canada Revenue sent them a letter and seized all the funds right out from their account. Every single person receiving najaiz benefits and money from the government should have the same thing happen to them. Its not even halal money.
Nice use of verbs and adjectives gori mem. Btw I am also a taxpayer, however there are certain things I do to benefit myself. There is no harm in it. I am not going to argue a whole lot but I did speak to CRA people and they told me what I have to do in order to avoid paying back that $400. This is just a FYI.

They advised me to send them a letter with my name, address, SIN and DOB. The letter must also have my wife's information and it must state the amout on GST and OST letters. It must also state that my wife is a non resident and has not landed in Canada as of yet. Then I don't have to pay back all that amount.

On top of that, they said that if I financially supported my wife in 2011. I can report that on the same letter and get some money credited.

I was like OMG what a blessing, "aur chuuna lagao inko"....its like "aah bail mujhay maar"...

lover

Nov 15, 2011
usrain said:
already ve sent birth certificate and my daughter is canadian by birth. i have no idea what this child declaration is and why they want it.
did u apply for her passport? if yes then the second parent need to give affidavit about same thing....my daughter in pakistan and we apply for her passport from islamabad ,my wife went to passport office in canada to sign that declaration form...

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
missingmyjaan said:
I got a letter from CRA, they want me to pay them back like 120$ because I'm married now. I don't even work, I'm a full time student. I'm so confused...?
How do they even know? I went to change my marital status to 'married' at the DMV and they said no. My husband has to come here, we have to obtain a marriage license in court and then I can officially claim to be married. So Im curious how they have you as 'married' on file.

Cool_Heaqded

May 22, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad (Wife's Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2010
Doc's Request.
13 Jul 2012 Suppl Forms + re-PCC
File Transfer...
23 Dec 2010
Med's Request
8 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012, Received 26 Nov 2012 ecase
Interview........
Suck'a'Lemon [IMG]http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/babygirl.gif[/IMG]
Passport Req..
12 Nov 2012 - PPR Sent
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
22 Jan 2013
raptorsfan said:
Nice use of verbs and adjectives gori mem. Btw I am also a taxpayer, however there are certain things I do to benefit myself. There is no harm in it. I am not going to argue a whole lot but I did speak to CRA people and they told me what I have to do in order to avoid paying back that $400. This is just a FYI.

They advised me to send them a letter with my name, address, SIN and DOB. The letter must also have my wife's information and it must state the amout on GST and OST letters. It must also state that my wife is a non resident and has not landed in Canada as of yet. Then I don't have to pay back all that amount.

On top of that, they said that if I financially supported my wife in 2011. I can report that on the same letter and get some money credited.

I was like OMG what a blessing, "aur chuuna lagao inko"....its like "aah bail mujhay maar"...
CRA men are not so bad. My parents were declined Ontario Energy Credits and Property Tax Credits as the evidences sent to them were not in proper shape. I sent CRA the proper documents and they reversed the amount. I called Ontario guys as they sent my parents asking them to submit like 1100 $s. They told me that the amount is reversed after they got the information from Federal tax dept. On top of that they will receive some more credit as the amount declared by the accountant was less than what I submitted.

You have to be careful with accountants too, sometimes they do funny things. In this case he charged less than what he should have. But in the end my parents got what they deserved.

RougeAmour

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
AOR Received.
November 2010
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 Files received by CHC-I on April 4, and April 14th 2012
Passport Req..
October 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012 -passport returned November 22
LANDED..........
December 3, 2012
raptorsfan said:
Nice use of verbs and adjectives gori mem. Btw I am also a taxpayer, however there are certain things I do to benefit myself. There is no harm in it. I am not going to argue a whole lot but I did speak to CRA people and they told me what I have to do in order to avoid paying back that $400. This is just a FYI....
Good for you. I like your way of thinking. You can take the guy out of Pakistan but you cant take Pakistan out of the guy. Ridiculous.

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
FINALLY LAST DAY OF MAY ............KITNI MUSHKIL SEE KHATAM HOWA HAI YEHHH

mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:p

looking forward to JUNEEEEEEEEE :p MY BIRTHDAY MONTH :p

CHC I WANT MY BIRTHDAY GIFTTTTTTTTTTTT AS PPR
8) 8)

hamidadel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
received & valid until December 2012
Interview........
No Interview, Thanks God
Passport Req..
18th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7th July 2012
LANDED..........
Waiting for someone to fly togather
lonly widout hubby said:

8) 8)
:D ya every one is waiting for coming month. let's seee

R

raptorsfan

RougeAmour said:
Good for you. I like your way of thinking. You can take the guy out of Pakistan but you cant take Pakistan out of the guy. Ridiculous.
In that case, you should have gotten married to a Canadian boy. Not a Pakistani boy. You wouldn't even have to go through this "in process" stuff.

There is a saying in urdu, it goes something like this:

"kawa chala hans ki chaal, apni chaal bhi bhool gaya"

Yes, no one can take Pakistan out of me. It is my identity. I m not a Canadian Pakistani rather a Pakistani Canadian. Sab seh pehlay PAKISTAN. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD.

Canada is just a second home. Lets all be honest, we are all here because in Canada there is a lot of facilities. I know I am right about this.

R

raptorsfan

lonly widout hubby said:

8) 8)
same here...i m june too

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Re-pcc,Re-Imm forms and Proof of Ruksati - March 13, 2012
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 30, 2011 / sent supporting docs voluntarily on 25-feb-2012
Med's Request
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012 (InshALLAH)
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
August 24th InshALLAH :)
I agree with Raptorsfan ! +1 for you ! You live in canada and you still respect the country and the people living here :) So proud of you ! I think people forget their identity when they leave Pakistan .. Aise logon ko hum kehtey hein "Na idhr ke na udhr ke" lol .. ;D