+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

M

maximus391

anso said:
personal history supp form?
Supp Form OnLy For " serilanka " , Jahan tak mujy info ha, but
Pakistan k laye kon sa supp form ha? i don't know?

if any body have for pakistan plz send me mail aur give me link plz . coz may dehkna chahta houn, nd m new plz guide me truly, step by step. thnx ,
my id iz ( the.anso @ yahoo.com )
You dont have to send it.. They will send it to you with the AOR.

Just wait u will get the supp form

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximus391 said:
You dont have to send it.. They will send it to you with the AOR.

Just wait u will get the supp form

bro can u tell me about every step. if u dont mind . or any other person who know every step?
thnx for helping.

M

maximus391

anso said:
bro can u tell me about every step. if u dont mind . or any other person who know every step?
thnx for helping.

Bro. Now u will get AOR and supplementary information form. Just fill the form and send it back to embassy. If they need anything else or there will be mistake in any of ur forms they will contact you.

I would suggest u to be patient and do not even send them an inquiry email for next 9-10 months

anso

Feb 7, 2011
Toronto ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maximus391 said:
Bro. Now u will get AOR and supplementary information form. Just fill the form and send it back to embassy. If they need anything else or there will be mistake in any of ur forms they will contact you.

I would suggest u to be patient and do not even send them an inquiry email for next 9-10 months
no bro m not " patient " lol, nd i dont want to send any mail, i only want to know every step only for my knowldge , coz u pplz most seniour nd me on there new, essi lye har step ko advance may samjna chahta houn.

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt]
Before Moving to Canada​
[/size]

Tax Planning

Tax planning is an important issue to consider when moving to Canada. Every country has its own rules and regulations regarding personal and business taxation and individuals with significant world-wide assets are encouraged to seek professional tax advice. Professional tax advisors will be able to inform you about tax planning measures such as Immigration Trusts that you can make BEFORE you move to Canada. The Canada Revenue Agency has a Newcomers to Canada guide to explain Canadian tax procedures..

Bringing in Your Goods

The Canada Border Services Agency is responsible for customs and importation of goods and pets into Canada. They have developed a guide, Settling in Canada, which explains the rules on bringing your personal effects when you immigrate to Canada.

Health Insurance

Immigrants to Ontario are eligible for coverage under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). However, you will NOT be covered for the first 90 days you are in Ontario. Health care can be expensive. It is very important that you arrange for private health coverage for the first 90 days before you move to Ontario.

Driver's License

When you move to Ontario your foreign driver's license may be valid for 60 days after which time you will need to obtain an Ontario Driver's Licence. Depending on your past driving experience, this may require that you complete a road test as well as pass vision and knowledge tests. Vehicle insurance may also be more expensive until you have established Canadian driving experience. You should bring with you evidence of previous vehicle insurance coverage.

great person

Aug 24, 2010
Hey I was wondering, so for 90 days no OHIP coverage, but can you apply for health card like within a week after you get here...or do you have to wait 90 days?

Also, for driving lisecne, if a person has pakistani driver liscnece that is not yet expired they qualify for the 60 day thing, meaning they don have to wait 8 months after g1 etc etc?

godisgreat said:
[size=10pt]
Before Moving to Canada​
[/size]

Tax Planning

Tax planning is an important issue to consider when moving to Canada. Every country has its own rules and regulations regarding personal and business taxation and individuals with significant world-wide assets are encouraged to seek professional tax advice. Professional tax advisors will be able to inform you about tax planning measures such as Immigration Trusts that you can make BEFORE you move to Canada. The Canada Revenue Agency has a Newcomers to Canada guide to explain Canadian tax procedures..

Bringing in Your Goods

The Canada Border Services Agency is responsible for customs and importation of goods and pets into Canada. They have developed a guide, Settling in Canada, which explains the rules on bringing your personal effects when you immigrate to Canada.

Health Insurance

Immigrants to Ontario are eligible for coverage under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). However, you will NOT be covered for the first 90 days you are in Ontario. Health care can be expensive. It is very important that you arrange for private health coverage for the first 90 days before you move to Ontario.

Driver's License

When you move to Ontario your foreign driver's license may be valid for 60 days after which time you will need to obtain an Ontario Driver's Licence. Depending on your past driving experience, this may require that you complete a road test as well as pass vision and knowledge tests. Vehicle insurance may also be more expensive until you have established Canadian driving experience. You should bring with you evidence of previous vehicle insurance coverage.

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
This is very useful information you have given to the newcomers to Canada. People should know about these things before they come to Canada so they can make there living better and easier. People who are living here for a longer period of time like myself and other people from the forum should be helping the newcomers so when they get here they won't get too many surprises. Canada is a very good Country to live in and i am here since 1983 and alot of changes have taken place. Mississauga used to be a jungle in 1986 and i saw mississauga developing so fast, it is so hard to believe. Anyways, i also would like to wish each and every newcomer a goodluck to Canada and wish everyone all the very best.

Hareer

Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC- Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaania said:
Zohal, I rather be pregnant than with my broken foot, atleast you can walk.
I am on crutches and cannot even drive to work in this friggin snow.
Also, you are misinterpretating what I wrote, I said the country's situation not the people!
Anyhow, Canada's life is much harder than Pakistans. Wait and see ...
Nothing helps even if someone is expecting a baby too. One thing might work if someone is living alone and has no family in canada and is pregnant. They might help that kind of case because the comes among the needy ones.

Hareer

Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC- Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaania said:
I feel that the reason the spousal processing times are longer now because of Afghanistan.
All the Afghan sponserships are going through the ISB CHC office.
I think they should handle all the Afghan files from the UK or DUBAI office's not ISB.
Not that I have anything against Afghanistani folks but because of the past issue's and problems which
occured there security measures have tightened for the residents there to immigrate in Canada and especially in the USA and UK too.
They should just process Pakistan National cases at ISB CHC.
Jaania do you how many countries are processed in Damascus? Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria... And do you know how many are in India? Bhutan, India, Nepal. Pakistan only has Afghanistan. And takes way longer than these countries. Although, Iran has no reputation too still Iranians come in 3-5 months.

So, don't blame Afghanistan anymore people of Afghanistan have been taken enough in these 30 years of war for no reason. And security reasons you mentioned Afghans come to USA so fast and easily. Students get visa pretty quickly to enter US. There is no security problem, but the CHC Islamabad has their own regulations what case should be finalized in what timeline.

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
godisgreat said:
[size=10pt]
Before Moving to Canada​
[/size]

Tax Planning

Bringing in Your Goods

Health Insurance

Driver's License

Thanks it was very informative

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
Hareer said:
Nothing helps even if someone is expecting a baby too. One thing might work if someone is living alone and has no family in canada and is pregnant. They might help that kind of case because the comes among the needy ones.
Even then it doesn't work, they just simply don't care. I already tried that, because i am all alone here and gave birth to my daughter last year on march the 11th 2010. No one did anything about it. My daughter is almost a year old and father or grandparents hasn't seen her as yet. I am hoping that my husband will get the visa soon, if not then i am planning to go in April and will contact the embassy that i want to take my husband with me and then see what they do. Believe it or not they just don't do anything. They will just do according to the feedback they get it from Ottawa and that's about it. This is the waiting game and we all have to wait and that's all we can do right now !!!!!!!!!!!

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
DodgeCharger said:
xpired already!
oh whn did i expire... mine is expiring n march. fingers croseddddddddddddd..... hope u get medical request sonnn

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
anso said:
no bro m not " patient " lol, nd i dont want to send any mail, i only want to know every step only for my knowldge , coz u pplz most seniour nd me on there new, essi lye har step ko advance may samjna chahta houn.
Welcome to the forum my friend,

This game needs alot of paitience. Now that CHC-Islamabad has received your file, now they will send an AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt) along with supp form. After that don't expect anything from them atleast until the next 10 months thats when your file will open next. After that, they will go through the initial process and see if they need anything else from you. If they do, you will be contacted and if they don't then you will hear something within 16 months if your case is straight forward. You will either get a Passport request, rejection letter or interview call. During this whole process they do send some form in the middle of the process to get your updated information. These day, female cases are taking anywhere from 14 - 18 months and male cases are anywhere from 18 - 24 months. So sit back and relax for a while you have a long wait my friend. Applicants from 2009 are still waiting for their process to finish still. Hope everything goes well for you guys.

Below are some general steps they go through just to give you an idea...

wes786 said:
Ok for people who think that they send same emails to everybody, here is an explanation hopefully this makes sense:

Yes it is a generic email that they send everyone, but they have generic email for every stage your file is in. For Instance:
1) Your file is in que for initial review
2) Your file is in que for review
3) Your file is in background checks
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer

Admit it guys we have all seen all these replies, now let me explain in details

1) Your file is in que for initial review (you will keep receiving this reply until they look at your file for the first time after sending AOR ~9-12 months)
Once they do the initial review of the file, they look for missing documents. Does the file need extra supporting documents?? Does the marriage look genuine?? If in doubt they send a letter asking for missing/supporting documents they also send supplementary forms and a few other ones we have seen on this forum. They send a letter and put a Bring Forward date on the file. Until that date comes:
2) Your file is in que for review (On the bring forward date the file is opened and gets checked for what was requested and if things requested are there it goes to the next stage could be the background checks, verification of documents etc. If the documents requested are not there, they put another BF date on the file.)
3) Your file is in background check (You will keep receiving this generic message until the background checks are done)
Hopefully everything is done by now except the background check and they notice the medical is expired and so is the PCC, here is another letter requesting those.
After they have everything they needed, the file status is:
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer. This is where they decide if the person needs to go through an interview or if the VO is convinced or the file to be rejected.

Then the letter is sent whether the file is refused (with appeal instructions), or Passport request for VISA to be stamped or an interview call.

So when they say that the file is in que for initial review yeah they are right that they haven't looked at your file even for the first time it could be even after 10 months. I am the example:
My wifes case started in Pakistan in March 2010, I requested Caips notes in November and saw nothing in there, no updates, no comments nothing it was still in their storage area. Then I emailed Islamabad on December 14th asking for the status, I received a reply on the 27th saying that the file is in que for initial review. So my wifes case has been sitting in their storage area since March untouched!!!! This is reality your file will not be opened until its time for it, no matter who you involve. No one can do anything to make it faster not even MPs.
I really hope this helps....The process I have explained is not 100% accurate, but its just to give you an idea about what's happening at the CHC-Islamabad.

S khan

Jun 28, 2010
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
More proofs + forms feb 2011
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010
Med's Request
March 2011/August 2012
Med's Done....
April 2011/August 2012
Passport Req..
August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
Spouses, kids get priority: Kenney

""""""Speaking in Etobicoke on Sunday, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney responded to plans to reduce family reunification visas, suggesting this is necessary so "priority" applicants — and their spouses and children — can be processed first."""""

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/02/12/canada-immigration-rates.html

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
S khan said:
Spouses, kids get priority: Kenney

""""""Speaking in Etobicoke on Sunday, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney responded to plans to reduce family reunification visas, suggesting this is necessary so "priority" applicants — and their spouses and children — can be processed first."""""

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2011/02/12/canada-immigration-rates.html

Kurland told CBC News the slashed rate and the 140,000 applicants already in the queue mean a parent could wait 13 years for a visa if he or she were to apply today.

"Frankly, there's a better chance of the parents seeing a coffin before a Canadian visa," he said.

This is pretty sad...