+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing spouse non accompanying to accompanying after AOR

BlackUnicorn

Aug 26, 2021
Well, circumstances can be changed anytime. We believe, IRCC also understands this thing. The only most common reason for rejection is your score getting below the draw cut-off during recalculation (which is highly unlikely for PNP candidates).
Hi, I raised two webforms to change my husband's status from non-accompanying to accompanying, but I haven't received any response other than automatic replies. Can I send emails to my primary and secondary VO's, attaching IMM 5406 and his ECA and IELTS, regarding the addition of my husband? Or should I wait till ppr?
Additionally, I called IRCC and found that my eligibility is passed and all other status is in progress.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi, I raised two webforms to change my husband's status from non-accompanying to accompanying, but I haven't received any response other than automatic replies. Can I send emails to my primary and secondary VO's, attaching IMM 5406 and his ECA and IELTS, regarding the addition of my husband? Or should I wait till ppr?
Additionally, I called IRCC and found that my eligibility is passed and all other status is in progress.
Hey,

In this case, a response is usually delayed. It make take somewhere between 1-2 weeks.

Certainly, you can raise the webforms to other associated VOs too.

Reactions: BlackUnicorn

frankhe

Apr 11, 2022
Thanks for your information. I just have one more question: will they compare the new score (with spouse) to the draw cutoff in which I got ITA (1+ year ago), or compare to the latest/upcoming cutoff?

Hey,

As I mentioned before a dependent can be added into the application anytime before/after submission.

Similarly, You can surely get your spouse added into the application. In case a person (being already married at the time of ITA) applies without spouse and later plans to add it into the application, then the processing officer will recalculate the scores and compare it with the draw cut-off. If the recalculated score comes below the draw cut-off then the application will be refused. However, being a PNP candidate with additional 600+ scores you're not at the verge of being refused. Thus, you can proceed.

Remicynt

Jan 10, 2020
@NikSharma01 I recently received Ppr on the 22nd of March 2022, I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied ??? Will our crs score be recalculated??? Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for your information. I just have one more question: will they compare the new score (with spouse) to the draw cutoff in which I got ITA (1+ year ago), or compare to the latest/upcoming cutoff?
Comparison will be made with the cut-off of the draw you received the ITA in.

@NikSharma01 I recently received Ppr on the 22nd of March 2022, I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied ??? Will our crs score be recalculated??? Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you
Hey,

See, dependants can be added anytime in the application. Certainly, you can get your spouse and kids added in the application. You need to provide an explanation letter.

Yes, scores will be recalculated with the draw cut-off you received the ITA in. So, if your score will remain above you're good with this addition otherwise rejection chances will remain in effect.

cjmpalcone

Jul 27, 2023
Hey,

For your kind info., a dependant can be added into an application anytime: Before/After AOR. Your scores will be recalculated and compared with the ITA draw cut-off. Particularly, being a PNP candidate such minimal deductions in the CRS after the recalculation won't affect your chances.

As part of the section A11.2 assessment the processing officer will assess your eligibility chances and will see whether you still remain eligible after this major change of family composition !

So, obviously you can go ahead and add the dependants (spouse and daughter) into the application. Thereafter, you will be asked to submit an application kit (required documents); proceeding which the dependants will be successfully added.

Hope this helps.
Hello. I was invited to apply for PR last March under CEC. At that time, I chose to put my partner as non-accompanying. Now, I receive my AOR but now I wanted my partner as accompanying.

I called IRCC and they gave me 2 forms: IMM 0008 and IMM 1344.

Form 1344 but in that form, they asked me when I became PR but I am not a PR yet. So i think they gave me the wrong form.

Is there anyone who were in the same boat as I am? What forms did you fill out and how did you update your application?