+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing spouse non accompanying to accompanying after AOR

BlackUnicorn

Aug 26, 2021
Hi all,

My AOR is in November, 2021. While creating my EE profile I mentioned my marital status as married but spouse non-accompanying. Then I got PNP nomination from Alberta and subsequently ITA.

Since my husband is working in UAE for the past 8 years and it might take some time for him to resign from the job. That's why I didn't add him in the first place. Next year, my husband will complete 9 years in the company and he decided to resign then.

So my question is can I raise a webform to CIC to add my husband stating these reasons. Will they reject my application for asking to add my husband?

Can anyone please shed some light into this?

PS: My six year old daughter is accompanying with me.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,

My AOR is in November, 2021. While creating my EE profile I mentioned my marital status as married but spouse non-accompanying. Then I got PNP nomination from Alberta and subsequently ITA.

Since my husband is working in UAE for the past 8 years and it might take some time for him to resign from the job. That's why I didn't add him in the first place. Next year, my husband will complete 9 years in the company and he decided to resign then.

So my question is can I raise a webform to CIC to add my husband stating these reasons. Will they reject my application for asking to add my husband?

Hey,

For your kind info., a dependant can be added into an application anytime: Before/After AOR. Your scores will be recalculated and compared with the ITA draw cut-off. Particularly, being a PNP candidate such minimal deductions in the CRS after the recalculation won't affect your chances.

As part of the section A11.2 assessment the processing officer will assess your eligibility chances and will see whether you still remain eligible after this major change of family composition !

So, obviously you can go ahead and add the dependants (spouse and daughter) into the application. Thereafter, you will be asked to submit an application kit (required documents); proceeding which the dependants will be successfully added.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BlackUnicorn

BlackUnicorn

Aug 26, 2021
Hi NikSharma01,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that my spouse can be added. My daughter is already accompanying me.
But, I am having a doubt, that if IRCC doesn’t get convinced with the reason of adding my husband, will they reject my request and worst case will they reject my PR application. That’s what I am actually worried about.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi NikSharma01,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that my spouse can be added. My daughter is already accompanying me.
But, I am having a doubt, that if IRCC doesn’t get convinced with the reason of adding my husband, will they reject my request and worst case will they reject my PR application. That’s what I am actually worried about.
Well, circumstances can be changed anytime. We believe, IRCC also understands this thing. The only most common reason for rejection is your score getting below the draw cut-off during recalculation (which is highly unlikely for PNP candidates).

Reactions: BlackUnicorn

Nirdiya

Apr 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,

**Long Message Alert**

I have a complicated scenario and would appreciate your response.

I was trying for PR for last few years but was failing to get desired score in IELTS. When I achieved 8777, my CRS was around 463 but CRS draws were too high (above 468). So I lost hope and decided to apply for student visa.

I got study permit in 2021 and flew to Canada in April 2021. However my IELTS score was still active and I was surprised to receive PNP invitation when my CRS was 457 (non-accompanying spouse).

Now, here is my timeline (non-accompanying spouse)-

OINP Tech Draw - 13 April 2021
PNP- 23 June 2021, added 900 points to my application (CRS 457+600 = 1057)
But IELTS was about to expire on 19th July, so I reappeared. Now with new IELTS score my CRS was 999.

ITA- 8 July 2021 (PNP draw took place with CRS 760)
AOR- 30 August 2021
Medical updated- 21 September 2021
Biometrics updated- 21 September 2021

I desperately want to add my spouse in this application, but my agent is refusing to do so. I need your opinion, if I can add spouse now? if yes, how?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

**Long Message Alert**

I have a complicated scenario and would appreciate your response.

I was trying for PR for last few years but was failing to get desired score in IELTS. When I achieved 8777, my CRS was around 463 but CRS draws were too high (above 468). So I lost hope and decided to apply for student visa.

I got study permit in 2021 and flew to Canada in April 2021. However my IELTS score was still active and I was surprised to receive PNP invitation when my CRS was 457 (non-accompanying spouse).

Now, here is my timeline (non-accompanying spouse)-

OINP Tech Draw - 13 April 2021
PNP- 23 June 2021, added 900 points to my application (CRS 457+600 = 1057)
But IELTS was about to expire on 19th July, so I reappeared. Now with new IELTS score my CRS was 999.

ITA- 8 July 2021 (PNP draw took place with CRS 760)
AOR- 30 August 2021
Medical updated- 21 September 2021
Biometrics updated- 21 September 2021

I desperately want to add my spouse in this application, but my agent is refusing to do so. I need your opinion, if I can add spouse now? if yes, how?
Hey,

As I mentioned before a dependent can be added into the application anytime before/after submission.

Similarly, You can surely get your spouse added into the application. In case a person (being already married at the time of ITA) applies without spouse and later plans to add it into the application, then the processing officer will recalculate the scores and compare it with the draw cut-off. If the recalculated score comes below the draw cut-off then the application will be refused. However, being a PNP candidate with additional 600+ scores you're not at the verge of being refused. Thus, you can proceed.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you for responding @NikSharma01
What is the procedure to make changes now?
Is there anyone who did this in the past? so I can validate with that person?
Procedure is that you need to raise an IRCC webform and inform IRCC about your intention to add the spouse as accompanying. Then, you will receive the required application kit.

"Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online."

Source CIC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Also, many candidates have done it and do it accordingly. Hope this helps. For understanding end-to-end process, feel free to ping.

Reactions: Nirdiya
Mar 27, 2021
Hi all,

Hi...I am in a similar situation...Did you get you get your spouse added post AoR? could you share the procedure? Did u contact the Alberta province or directly raised a web form to IRCC..pls help

Cyloholic

May 7, 2020
Hey @NikSharma01 I got my passport request letter. The visa officer has asked me to inform them if there is any change in my marital status. I got married in the month of July 2021 and my AOR is April 2020. What does this development mean for my application?

AOR April 2020
Marriage Date: July 1, 2021
Passport Request Letter: 28th Feb, 2022

Questions:
A) What does this mean for my application? Will they continue issuing my PR or will they add my wife to the application as well and start all over?
B) Does this mean long waiting times again?
C) Do I still need to submit my passport to the nearest visa application centre or wait for them to respond to my email (informing them about my marriage)?
D) Is there a way I can still continue my PR journey alone so that I can avoid longer processing times?

Really looking forward for some guidance from you here :)

Regards,

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey @NikSharma01 I got my passport request letter. The visa officer has asked me to inform them if there is any change in my marital status. I got married in the month of July 2021 and my AOR is April 2020. What does this development mean for my application?

AOR April 2020
Marriage Date: July 1, 2021
Passport Request Letter: 28th Feb, 2022

Questions:
A) What does this mean for my application? Will they continue issuing my PR or will they add my wife to the application as well and start all over?
B) Does this mean long waiting times again?
C) Do I still need to submit my passport to the nearest visa application centre or wait for them to respond to my email (informing them about my marriage)?
D) Is there a way I can still continue my PR journey alone so that I can avoid longer processing times?

Really looking forward for some guidance from you here :)

Regards,
Hi,

Before I answer your queries, first tell me if you informed IRCC about your family composition change due to wedding?

Cyloholic

May 7, 2020
Hi,

Before I answer your queries, first tell me if you informed IRCC about your family composition change due to wedding?
Hey,

So when I got married back in July 2021 I didn't inform IRCC because I didn't think they would respond since they weren't making any progress with the applications.

So after receiving the PPR they asked to inform them if there has been a marital status change so I emailed them today informing them now.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey,

So when I got married back in July 2021 I didn't inform IRCC because I didn't think they would respond since they weren't making any progress with the applications.

So after receiving the PPR they asked to inform them if there has been a marital status change so I emailed them today informing them now.

Regards,
You have to add your wife or else you will never be able to sponsor her. It’s unfortunate that you didn’t add her earlier. Now you experience more delays since she’ll need to be added now, do her medical, background check, etc.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey,

Regards,
To be honest, It wasn't a wise idea to stay quiet even after getting legally married post AOR/submission and witnessing this huge substantial change w.r.t. your marital status and family composition. You should've informed them immediately. Unfortunately, now you've become technically ineligible for Canadian PR based on your previous marital status as "Single/Never Married". Therefore, you can't proceed further unless your application is updated with the accurate information ! So, you need to update IRCC first about your wedding and wait for their further instructions. You will be asked for spouse application kit, providing which your spouse will be added in your existing PR application.

If you already had informed them right after the wedding, by now you would have had received PPR for both. However, updating IRCC at this moment will certainly result in further delays. So, you should be prepared for this beforehand. Hope this helps. Good luck!