+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing SIN after PR

Reddy2770

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Nope, just applied online and received it. Are you facing similar issues?
yeah, I am not sure what to do except wait, I called to IRCC and they say everything is good and should see if anything comes through mail this week

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Question! Do we need to set up an appointment to go to Service Canada, or can I just line up?

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Nope, just applied online and received it. Are you facing similar issues?
Hello, May I know how long it took you to get SIN after applying online?
I am considering between online and in-person because I work during weekdays. My current SIN will expire in Oct.
Thank you in advance!

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hello, May I know how long it took you to get SIN after applying online?
I am considering between online and in-person because I work during weekdays. My current SIN will expire in Oct.
Thank you in advance!
I will advice go in person. I was there today, it took me less than 15 mins to get my permanent sin.

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I recently changed my status and got PR (Inland applicant).

Probably, I need to change my 9-digt SIN (for temporary residents) to a SIN for PRs. But I'm not sure how? Online or visit Service Canada in person with Passport and CoPR?
I changed mine online. I apply for a new sin number with my passport, eCoPR (signed and dated) scanned, and ID (drivers license) and a bill with my address (Alectra). It was sent to my mail within 2 weeks after I applied.

KMayur

Jul 23, 2021
does temporary 9-digit SIN remains valid once you received COPR? Within How many days I need to get new SIN number for PR holders? y current temporary SIN is Valid till Jan 2023. TIA.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
does temporary 9-digit SIN remains valid once you received COPR? Within How many days I need to get new SIN number for PR holders? y current temporary SIN is Valid till Jan 2023. TIA.
No soon you landed u are no longer use that temp sin which will be invalid and doesnt matter expiration. All you gotta do update asap. Dont wait till u have card on hand as these days card takes longer.

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
I changed mine online. I apply for a new sin number with my passport, eCoPR (signed and dated) scanned, and ID (drivers license) and a bill with my address (Alectra). It was sent to my mail within 2 weeks after I applied.
Which option did you select online, Change of Status?