+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing SIN after PR

khizar95

Nov 14, 2016
I recently changed my status and got PR (Inland applicant).

Probably, I need to change my 9-digt SIN (for temporary residents) to a SIN for PRs. But I'm not sure how? Online or visit Service Canada in person with Passport and CoPR?

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I recently changed my status and got PR (Inland applicant).

Probably, I need to change my 9-digt SIN (for temporary residents) to a SIN for PRs. But I'm not sure how? Online or visit Service Canada in person with Passport and CoPR?
I haven't done it, but have seen lot of posts from those that have. It can be done online, and there's an option to change the status of your SIN (from temporary to permanent) that you'd choose.

HOWEVER, if you can get to a Service Canada to change it in person, I'd try to do to that way. I only say that because I know that online SIN applications are taking forever right now. I applied for mine online on September 28th, and still haven't received it yet (yes I followed up, they said it was in the system, nothing they could do, just wait it out).

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
I haven't done it, but have seen lot of posts from those that have. It can be done online, and there's an option to change the status of your SIN (from temporary to permanent) that you'd choose.

HOWEVER, if you can get to a Service Canada to change it in person, I'd try to do to that way. I only say that because I know that online SIN applications are taking forever right now. I applied for mine online on September 28th, and still haven't received it yet (yes I followed up, they said it was in the system, nothing they could do, just wait it out).
I've called Service Canada and they said they are open only for urgent requests. I am working with my 9-SIN, it would be good if I could update my employer. Maybe I will give a try and go in person.
By the way, what option would I select when applying online? "Change of status"?

Thanks

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I've called Service Canada and they said they are open only for urgent requests. I am working with my 9-SIN, it would be good if I could update my employer. Maybe I will give a try and go in person.
By the way, what option would I select when applying online? "Change of status"?

Thanks
Yes, I believe so (Change of Status).

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
To whom it may interest. I've book an appointment for the Service Canada here in Ottawa and explained I am already working and I needed to update my employer asap. Went in person and got the new SIN :)

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
I went to a nearby Service Canada recently and got the new Permanent SIN in 10 minutes.

For anyone who needs to apply for a SIN, please try visiting a Service Canada Center near you, they're accepting applications (till the time there is second wave lockdown planned)

covertagent

Nov 12, 2020
Anyone recently converted 9 prefix SIN to a PR SIN in Ontario in person ? I am planning to go on Monday, if yes please share your experience.

covertagent

Nov 12, 2020
I went to Service Canada Monday early AM, both my wife and myself got the SIN. In and out 30 min. For child you need to apply online.

Don't forget to bring you and your spouse's last pay stub on mobile or hard copy with you. Without that they are not letting anyone in.

Reactions: Anna Ngac

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I went to Service Canada Monday early AM, both my wife and myself got the SIN. In and out 30 min. For child you need to apply online.

Don't forget to bring you and your spouse's last pay stub on mobile or hard copy with you. Without that they are not letting anyone in.
Hi
Did you get there without appointment? And may I know it was in GTA or somewhere else?

also why do they need paystub for a PR person? Because my wife has received her copr but she is not working currently.

covertagent

Nov 12, 2020
Yes GTA. When I was in the queue noticed they were returning lots of folks w/o the paystub. At least it has to be on the cell phone.

Reason: if you're working and need a new sin it's essential, otherwise it can wait.

BL007

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
#Help #Suggestions #Guidance

Hey Guys, does anyone experience this kind of situation after e-COPR?

I went to Service Canada to change the status for my SIN. When they tried to process, they said that it's not going through because your COPR has been flagged by IRCC and asked me to get in touch with them. I called them they didn't give me a satisfactory answer as they never heard this term before "flagged". They said everything looks good at their end, but will ask the officer to confirm the COPR again.

Reddy2770

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
#Help #Suggestions #Guidance

Hey Guys, does anyone experience this kind of situation after e-COPR?

I went to Service Canada to change the status for my SIN. When they tried to process, they said that it's not going through because your COPR has been flagged by IRCC and asked me to get in touch with them. I called them they didn't give me a satisfactory answer as they never heard this term before "flagged". They said everything looks good at their end, but will ask the officer to confirm the COPR again.
Did you hear anything back on this case?