+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC after ITA due reference letter position

Gagan Bali

Sep 11, 2017
Dear helpies, i got ITA 2 months ago under dirkfferent NOC code, now I have completed 3 yrs experience in my current role. Can I change NOC code now, I havnt completed 3 yrs in current role at the time of ITA. Plz suggest, problem to go for previous NOC code is arranging relevent documents as previous company is shutdown

raman.1417

Jan 4, 2018
Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA are different as long as it still falls under A, B and O. I also changed my NOC and have had no issues till date.

@sk1976: Is it sure that you can change your NOC...I have a dilemma regarding two closely related NOC 4021 and 4011 as one relates to University Professor and other College and vocational instructure.
Regards

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
I didn't change my noc as my noc was already approved by oinp...i was advised not to change as it leads to rejection if noc on nomination letter and express entry differs...but yes direct express entry candidates can change noc post ITA as long as you provide LOE and it shouldn't impact your scores.Shall suggest to take an expert opinion on this.Good luck.

naveen281188

Jan 2, 2018
Hello,

I have got the ITA and I am preparing the reference letters. I have some confusion related to the NOC.

I created the EE profile and got acceptance for the NOC 2141 but according to my current position I belong to NOC 1122.

The thing is, I am a business analyst / consultant (NOC1122) for the manufacturing sector and have a Bachelor and Master degree in manufacturing (NOC2141). My consulting caters majorly to manufacturing industry. As a consultant I carry out activities more related to NOC2141, however my job description and title is NOC1122.

Please let me know how I can handle this. Kindly support

Thank you so much.

Eagerly looking forward to a response.

Thanks
Naveen

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
Hi everyone.

Recently I got an ITA under the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW) My CRS is 465. My NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... After an exhausting battle against the human resources section of my company, I managed to get a reference letter, it states that my duties were ASICs verification and other correct stuff, but the position states that I'm a "software engineer".

They told me they could only provide "generic reference letters" so they cannot change the position name even if they acknowledge that I was doing electronics engineering tasks... The lady there told me that they could notify that to CIC, that I was providing services related to electronics engineering if they get contacted, but they would NOT change the position name... (Weird isn't it?)

By the way, I have 4 years of experience, this is my first job and only position...

Since both NOC numbers are type A:

-Should I change my info from: 2133 (electronics engineer) to 2173 (Software engineer)?. As far I know, my score would be the same... I think I would have a heart attack if my application gets refused because of that.

-Should I reject the ITA and wait longer?.

-Should I keep everything and don't change anything and include a Letter Of Explanation? The lady from human resources told me that she could provide more information to CIC if she gets contacted, she even said so in the reference letter. As a note the reference letter is directed to CIC.

-Any other suggestions? Calling CIC for example?

Thanks in advance guys.
Hi,
You changed the NOC Post ITA, did you get your PPR and had you explained this change in your LOE?

Peter.T

Jun 6, 2018
Hi, can someone help me please. I'm close to the end of my 90-day waiting period and my status has changed to Awaiting Information. I was asked to provide more documentation related to NOC. I realise there is another NOC that better suits my work experience. Can I wrote to the Govt of Ontario and explain my situation or just leave things as they are and hope there isn't a mismatch with my NOC and profile?

Megng

May 23, 2018
Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA are different as long as it still falls under A, B and O. I also changed my NOC and have had no issues till date.
Hi. Did you have any issues or you got the pr after changing your noc post ITA?

Megng

May 23, 2018
Hi. I got the ITA but the noc in my nomination certificate i different from that of my ee profile. Is it ok to change the noc to match that of my ee profile? Or it’s too risky? Any suggestions?

Rabiya Saj

Oct 16, 2020
Hello,

I have got the ITA and I am preparing the reference letters. I have some confusion related to the NOC.

I created the EE profile and got acceptance for the NOC 2141 but according to my current position I belong to NOC 1122.

The thing is, I am a business analyst / consultant (NOC1122) for the manufacturing sector and have a Bachelor and Master degree in manufacturing (NOC2141). My consulting caters majorly to manufacturing industry. As a consultant I carry out activities more related to NOC2141, however my job description and title is NOC1122.

Please let me know how I can handle this. Kindly support

Thank you so much.

Eagerly looking forward to a response.

Thanks
Naveen
I didn't change my noc as my noc was already approved by oinp...i was advised not to change as it leads to rejection if noc on nomination letter and express entry differs...but yes direct express entry candidates can change noc post ITA as long as you provide LOE and it shouldn't impact your scores.Shall suggest to take an expert opinion on this.Good luck.
Hi SK.. according to you, your JOb responsibilities were not matching OINP NOC but they went ahead and accepted it. Is my understanding correct?

Rafic.azar

Dec 27, 2020
Good day, I am facing the same problem, did you get the PR?