+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC after ITA due reference letter position

Sep 7, 2015
Hi everyone.

Recently I got an ITA under the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW) My CRS is 465. My NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... After an exhausting battle against the human resources section of my company, I managed to get a reference letter, it states that my duties were ASICs verification and other correct stuff, but the position states that I'm a "software engineer".

They told me they could only provide "generic reference letters" so they cannot change the position name even if they acknowledge that I was doing electronics engineering tasks... The lady there told me that they could notify that to CIC, that I was providing services related to electronics engineering if they get contacted, but they would NOT change the position name... (Weird isn't it?)

By the way, I have 4 years of experience, this is my first job and only position...

Since both NOC numbers are type A:

-Should I change my info from: 2133 (electronics engineer) to 2173 (Software engineer)?. As far I know, my score would be the same... I think I would have a heart attack if my application gets refused because of that.

-Should I reject the ITA and wait longer?.

-Should I keep everything and don't change anything and include a Letter Of Explanation? The lady from human resources told me that she could provide more information to CIC if she gets contacted, she even said so in the reference letter. As a note the reference letter is directed to CIC.

-Any other suggestions? Calling CIC for example?

Thanks in advance guys.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
francisco_campos said:
Hi everyone.

Recently I got an ITA under the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW) My CRS is 465. My NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... After an exhausting battle against the human resources section of my company, I managed to get a reference letter, it states that my duties were ASICs verification and other correct stuff, but the position states that I'm a "software engineer".

They told me they could only provide "generic reference letters" so they cannot change the position name even if they acknowledge that I was doing electronics engineering tasks... The lady there told me that they could notify that to CIC, that I was providing services related to electronics engineering if they get contacted, but they would NOT change the position name... (Weird isn't it?)

By the way, I have 4 years of experience, this is my first job and only position...

-Should I change my info from: 2133 (electronics engineer) to 2173 (Software engineer)?. As far I know, my score would be the same... I think I would have a heart attack if my application gets refused because of that.

-Should I keep everything and don't change anything and include a Letter Of Explanation? The lady from human resources told me that she could provide more information to CIC if she gets contacted, she even said so in the reference letter. As a note the reference letter is directed to CIC.

Thanks in advance guys.
Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA are different as long as it still falls under A, B and O. I also changed my NOC and have had no issues till date.

Reactions: Vanessaagn and Dato
Sep 7, 2015
Anya654 said:
Change your NOC to accurately reflect the duties listed in your reference letter. It doesn't matter if the NOC you selected pre and post ITA are different as long as it still falls under A, B and O. I also changed my NOC and have had no issues till date.
This was what I expected to see.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the help.

Reactions: Vanessaagn

namenotfound

Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2015
Nomination.....
28-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
Hi,

Even I face this problem. I submitted by application for 2174 in CIC website and got ITA and now I cannot change it.

But nomination letter say 2173.

What should I do now?

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys,
i have the same situation and i need your help. I received ITA on the 20th draw. while filing out the initial forms i noticed that some of my information which i update 2 weeks ago has not been updated on the forms. for example i corrected my spouse ielts result number and it was showing the old one which was incorrect. same like when i proceed to work history all of the NOC was updated to 2173. which i havent done before. the system did it itself. so i thought to change it 2171 which is my correct NOC. but then i realised now that someone on this forum mentioned that changing NOC made his profile ineligible. i am worried now. please seniors guide me on what should i do now.
thanks,

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Change's to NOC can be made even after receiving ITA as long as it's in NOC O, A, or B (as mentioned above). But in your case a change it's not necessary as you mentioned that your job duties match with NOC 2133 (Electronics Engineer). CIC tries to match your job responsibilities more than anything else. I was in the same situation as you, my title's Software Support Analyst (NOC 2282) but my job duties/responsibilities are more of Data Warehouse Analyst NOC 2172. But I ended up submitting my application under NOC 2172. Hope this helps. Good luck.

francisco_campos said:
Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance guys.

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
You can make changes to your applications as long as it doesn't affect your score. As far as changing NOC or correcting your IELTS test refrence # is concerned you shouldn't have any problems.

sumairak said:
Hi guys,
i have the same situation and i need your help. I received ITA on the 20th draw. while filing out the initial forms i noticed that some of my information which i update 2 weeks ago has not been updated on the forms. for example i corrected my spouse ielts result number and it was showing the old one which was incorrect. same like when i proceed to work history all of the NOC was updated to 2173. which i havent done before. the system did it itself. so i thought to change it 2171 which is my correct NOC. but then i realised now that someone on this forum mentioned that changing NOC made his profile ineligible. i am worried now. please seniors guide me on what should i do now.
thanks,

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
thanks rohit. i hope i dont get rejected.

pgwp2015

Oct 21, 2015
Anya654 said:
Hi there, i am in a dilemma. i didnt realize while making ee profile that my experience as an analyst is less than a year and therefore (i have got an ITA) can i change my NOC from 2171(analyst) to 2173 (software engineer)...kindly pitch in and help..

pgwp2015

Oct 21, 2015
Hi Sumairak, i am in a dilemma. i didnt realize while making ee profile that my experience as an analyst is less than a year and therefore (i have got an ITA) can i change my NOC from 2171(analyst) to 2173 (software engineer)...kindly pitch in and help..can i still change my NOC even though i have got an ITA.. i read that in order to revise the profile one needs to decline the ITA (dont want to do that for sure)..

JW8

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA on 2 Nov 2016 and have some serious confusion on my work experience representation.

At the time of express entry profile creation and submission, I selected 0213 and shown all experience from July 2006 till date under the same category, which is true as well as I have been managing IT systems, clients, service delivery etc since then.

However, when I started filing PR application, I realized my designation in last organizations at the time of reliving were following :

- First job - Analyst - Service Delivery Coordination (4.5 years)
- Second job - Consultant - Delivery Assurance (1 year)
These titles are more suitable to NOC 2171

- Third/Current job - Manager - CRM, which matches with NOC 0213 (5 years)

My questions are :

- Can I change my NOC to 2171 for first and second job, which is nearly 5.5 years of experience (third job is 5 years - 0213)
- Should I continue with NOC 0213 and justify in letter of explanation regarding the job title mismatch with the role? (my employer should be fine to vouch for me either ways)

Also, in my first job I joined as Associate Engineer Trainee etc, do I need to mention all positions in first job, should I select different NOC for that?

Your expert comments and guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
JW8

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
JW8 said:
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA on 2 Nov 2016 and have some serious confusion on my work experience representation.

At the time of express entry profile creation and submission, I selected 0213 and shown all experience from July 2006 till date under the same category, which is true as well as I have been managing IT systems, clients, service delivery etc since then.

However, when I started filing PR application, I realized my designation in last organizations at the time of reliving were following :

- First job - Analyst - Service Delivery Coordination (4.5 years)
- Second job - Consultant - Delivery Assurance (1 year)
These titles are more suitable to NOC 2171

- Third/Current job - Manager - CRM, which matches with NOC 0213 (5 years)

My questions are :

- Can I change my NOC to 2171 for first and second job, which is nearly 5.5 years of experience (third job is 5 years - 0213)
- Should I continue with NOC 0213 and justify in letter of explanation regarding the job title mismatch with the role? (my employer should be fine to vouch for me either ways)

Also, in my first job I joined as Associate Engineer Trainee etc, do I need to mention all positions in first job, should I select different NOC for that?

Your expert comments and guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
JW8
1. Yes, you can as long as you have proper documents supporting the same and also explain the same in the LOE.

2. Change and explain in LOE as mentioned above.

S

sutyfornow

francisco_campos said:
Hi everyone.

Recently I got an ITA under the Federal Skilled Worker program (FSW) My CRS is 465. My NOC code was 2133 (electronics engineer) since I'm an ASIC's verification engineer... After an exhausting battle against the human resources section of my company, I managed to get a reference letter, it states that my duties were ASICs verification and other correct stuff, but the position states that

Thanks in advance guys.
Did u change ur noc?

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Please advise on this matter...

When I created my EE profile I chose NOC code 0111 and I received nomination from oinp based on this noc and now when I read the details carefully I've realized NOC code 0122 is better match to my experience.I have received ITA and now I want to change my noc in my eapr....can I do this?will it lead to rejection as I can't change my oinp noc now?
Anyone had similar situation?
Pls help