+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing jobs while CEC application is still being processed

elga

Jun 5, 2019
Hi all, I believe many people might have asked this question but I just want to see for those who had this experience, what is your say?
Basically, I submitted my PR application somehow in June 2020 when I received my ITA, did my medical in August and Biometric just on Dec 02, 2020.
As now I am still waiting for a final answer for my application. As I honestly do not know how long this can take since it is covid and a lot of people are still waiting for their result and they have done their biometrics way before me, I am not positive that I can receive a COPR anytime next month.
Now, I received a better offer than my current work and I am making a decision to switch, not sure if it follows under the 0,A,B categories anymore but it does not matter much since I have over 2 years of experience with my jobs under those categories. Basically, My question s, if I decide to switch during the almost final process of my PR, will it affect my application? and in terms of updating job change, how will that take place? do I just update it in my application account and send them the new offer? will IRCC asks me for more info from my new employment? I hope who have this experience or insight can help me out as I am really stressing out by this.
Thank you!!

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi,

Experts will reply here but I think you need to update ircc if you take a new job. Also, seems like if you claimed the 50 points for valid job offer you need to work for the same employer until Pr.

Maybe others could confirm whether this is correct or not.

Reactions: elga

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all, I believe many people might have asked this question but I just want to see for those who had this experience, what is your say?
Basically, I submitted my PR application somehow in June 2020 when I received my ITA, did my medical in August and Biometric just on Dec 02, 2020.
As now I am still waiting for a final answer for my application. As I honestly do not know how long this can take since it is covid and a lot of people are still waiting for their result and they have done their biometrics way before me, I am not positive that I can receive a COPR anytime next month.
Now, I received a better offer than my current work and I am making a decision to switch, not sure if it follows under the 0,A,B categories anymore but it does not matter much since I have over 2 years of experience with my jobs under those categories. Basically, My question s, if I decide to switch during the almost final process of my PR, will it affect my application? and in terms of updating job change, how will that take place? do I just update it in my application account and send them the new offer? will IRCC asks me for more info from my new employment? I hope who have this experience or insight can help me out as I am really stressing out by this.
Thank you!!
Did you claim 50 points for arranged employment with your current employer? If YES, then you might hinder you chances of PR by switching jobs. That is the only case.

Please, remember that your PR application is based on PAST experience, for which you already provided supporting documentation. Your PR application is not based on future work (except for the abovementioned).

Once you have submitted your application you can do what ever you want; quit, switch jobs, travel, do nothing, what ever. In fact, being employed or having an income is not a requirement to submit an application because it is based on past experience.

So by all means, if this is a move you want, then go ahead and take this job. You do not even need to update IRCC if this doesn't affect your eligibility (if you answer yes to my question). If you change address you do need to let them know.

elga

Jun 5, 2019
Did you claim 50 points for arranged employment with your current employer? If YES, then you might hinder you chances of PR by switching jobs. That is the only case.

Please, remember that your PR application is based on PAST experience, for which you already provided supporting documentation. Your PR application is not based on future work (except for the abovementioned).

Once you have submitted your application you can do what ever you want; quit, switch jobs, travel, do nothing, what ever. In fact, being employed or having an income is not a requirement to submit an application because it is based on past experience.

So by all means, if this is a move you want, then go ahead and take this job. You do not even need to update IRCC if this doesn't affect your eligibility (if you answer yes to my question). If you change address you do need to let them know.
Thank you so much for your answer! I'm not under any arrange employment but on my open work permit so I did not get points for that. If so, that means I'm free to just update my jobs to web form (or maybe even not need to if it doesn't affect my application at all as you said)?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for your answer! I'm not under any arrange employment but on my open work permit so I did not get points for that. If so, that means I'm free to just update my jobs to web form (or maybe even not need to if it doesn't affect my application at all as you said)?
Yes, you don't need to worry about anything.

marcuskbra

Jul 16, 2020

Hi @Wolfpmd3, I am in a similar situation, I did claim the 50 points for the Job Offer, but the new employer is willing to give me an offer with LMIA. In this case, do you think it can affect my process? (Losing the 50 points would let me out the original draw)
Thanks

babysharkiy

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hi,

I am also on a same boat but I used BC PNP. What happens if I change my job?
I saw on this website and it says:
ELSS Registrants: You are expected to meet all criteria at the time of registration and at the time of application. If you experience any change in your employment that would result in you no longer meeting program criteria, you are expected to withdraw your registration and remove yourself from the registration pool. You can re-register when your employment meets all criteria. See Part 5: Process section of the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.

I will be ok to maintain full time employment but my main concern is this "ELSS Registrants" statement about BC PNP application process or entire PR process?

It would be great help if someone can explain.
Thanks.