+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job after PR submission

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Hi there everyone,

I have recently submitted my application a of July 23 2020 Aor after getting 1 year Canadian experience in Noc B. The thing is I have worked at my current company for 2 years now I am simply sick of it. I was just doing it for the sake of my application. Now the application is submitted and work conditions getting worse. The managers are making us do their work to be honest. It’s seriously affecting me - the thing is I was ready to do it till I get my Copr obviously because I just don’t want anything to come in between that or cause any issues thinking if they would call my workplace and check at least I’m still working. But I can’t do it anymore and they treat us like crap. Does anyone have any suggestions? Now that I have submitted should I change? I know probably better to stick in the same company but I can probably ask them to switch me to part time at least till this Pr thing is over?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not an issue assuming you're on a PGWP or other open work permit, as your application is based on your work experience up until you submitted it.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
dear fellows, i have a query if you can please answer. if someone would like to change their career or NOC after landing in Canada and completing PR application, is this possible and what are the implications or at time of citizenship ?

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
You can work whatever job you want as a PR.
thank you so much for replying, at the time of citizenship, they won't question why I landed on let's say a JANITOR and later left the job and province now working as a IT PRO in another province....

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Your job is none of their business if you're not on a work permit. Now, if you claim to be a janitor but own multiple expensive cars, then the CRA might have questions for you...
okay so the fact is that am getting a job offer for a clerical from a partner in business to support my PR application in one province. after I land and complete the process, I will move to another province and start working as a PROGRAMMER. NOC 2174, hope am clear this time.

thanks for answering again.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Well, if you're claiming points based on an LMIA, the job offer needs to be for at least a year. If you immediately quit that job and leave the province, that could be an issue and you may be assessed for misrepresentation on your PR application.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Well, if you're claiming points based on an LMIA, the job offer needs to be for at least a year. If you immediately quit that job and leave the province, that could be an issue and you may be assessed for misrepresentation on your PR application.
No, am not considering work-permit via LMIA route. I will submit a PNP application for SK with a valid job offer. Once nomination received in EE will apply for PR, ITA (normal EE process) from home country and land as PR.

what will be the situation in this scenario ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
No, am not considering work-permit via LMIA route. I will submit a PNP application for SK with a valid job offer. Once nomination received in EE will apply for PR, ITA (normal EE process) from home country and land as PR.

what will be the situation in this scenario ?
It would be best if you explained your entire scenario in your first post, seeing as we've gone from innocently changing your career as a PR, to getting a provincial nomination and then leaving that province, which are two very different things.

Of course, the answer is that you should not immediately leave the province that nominated you, because that would open you up to being accused of misrepresenting your intentions during your application process, and it could lead to your PR being revoked.

By the way, LMIAs are not only for work permits, they are also needed for most job offers under Express Entry for PR.

Reactions: cybertruck

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
It would be best if you explained your entire scenario in your first post, seeing as we've gone from innocently changing your career as a PR, to getting a provincial nomination and then leaving that province, which are two very different things.

Of course, the answer is that you should not immediately leave the province that nominated you, because that would open you up to being accused of misrepresenting your intentions during your application process, and it could lead to your PR being revoked.

By the way, LMIAs are not only for work permits, they are also needed for most job offers under Express Entry for PR.
i understand your point, what if I stay in the same province who nominated for some time (1 year) but with another employer or job occupation ? will that too be a misrepresentation ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Why can't you just work at the job that you have become a PR through? After a year or so you are more or less free to do whatever you want but you need to show compliance with the terms you agreed to during your application process, i.e. that you would work for this employer in this province.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Why can't you just work at the job that you have become a PR through? After a year or so you are more or less free to do whatever you want but you need to show compliance with the terms you agreed to during your application process, i.e. that you would work for this employer in this province.
i will initially and am hoping for the best with this job as well but am planning for the worst case scenario as well.

thank you for all your help. much appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
okay so the fact is that am getting a job offer for a clerical from a partner in business to support my PR application in one province.
Perhaps you do not literally mean "clerical", but note that most clerical positions are classified as NOC C and not eligible under express entry. Make sure your NOC is skill level O,A, or B before you decide. It may be better to get a programming job right away.

Reactions: cybertruck