+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job after PR submission

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why can't you just work at the job that you have become a PR through? After a year or so you are more or less free to do whatever you want but you need to show compliance with the terms you agreed to during your application process, i.e. that you would work for this employer in this province.
i will initially and am hoping for the best with this job as well but am planning for the worst case scenario as well.

thank you for all your help. much appreciated.
You really leave yourself open to misrepresentation if you don't work one day at the job and change provinces right away.

Reactions: cybertruck

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Perhaps you do not literally mean "clerical", but note that most clerical positions are classified as NOC C and not eligible under express entry. Make sure your NOC is skill level O,A, or B before you decide. It may be better to get a programming job right away.
Note though that some "clerical" positions are NOC B eg. Administrative Assistant which is NOC 1241.

jaberwockee

Oct 9, 2020
I have a similar question. I landed on NOC 2173 (Intra Company Transfer) visa and completed 1 year and have an AOR. But the visa consultant I am going thru, made a mistake and applied on NOC 2174 instead. I gather there is at least some overlap between the 2 job codes. I have following questions:

#1 Would it be a problem when eligibility comes up for my application?

#2 I gather I cannot apply for Closed Work Permit extension thru m employer as NOC Code 2173 is different from PR application. My understanding is - this would jeopardize my PR application. Is that correct?

#3 Would it be better if I applied for BOWP? And wait out on PR application verdict?