+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Job After AOR/Before PPR

Tinevisce

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to submit my eAPR on 10-Nov-2017 (fingers crossed!) but I may be changing jobs really soon: so if I resign after my eAPR, my last working day will be sometime in January.

I know that on paper there's nothing stopping me from changing jobs while PR Application is in progress: I just need to inform IRCC of the change through a CSE...but I was wondering if anyone here who got a PR went through this process, and how the logistics panned out for them.

Any experiences here will be awesome!

(Note: I'm Express Entry FSW, so my current job is in India and the one I may take up will also be in India)

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to submit my eAPR on 10-Nov-2017 (fingers crossed!) but I may be changing jobs really soon: so if I resign after my eAPR, my last working day will be sometime in January.

I know that on paper there's nothing stopping me from changing jobs while PR Application is in progress: I just need to inform IRCC of the change through a CSE...but I was wondering if anyone here who got a PR went through this process, and how the logistics panned out for them.

(Note: I'm Express Entry FSW, so my current job is in India and the one I may take up will also be in India)
If you already have the required 'Work experience' needed for claiming the points per your calculation, you can change 10 jobs!
As long as you have 3 years of experience and if (they very rarely do!) CIC inquires about those work and finds satisfactory responses, you are good to go!

Good luck with your new job and application!

Reactions: Tinevisce

Tinevisce

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
If you already have the required 'Work experience' needed for claiming the points per your calculation, you can change 10 jobs!
As long as you have 3 years of experience and if (they very rarely do!) CIC inquires about those work and finds satisfactory responses, you are good to go!

Good luck with your new job and application!
Thank you: this gives me hope. I was just concerned if my current employer gave them a negative response or refused to comment because I'm on my notice period etc..or if IRCC makes an ADR which I can't furnish because my employer doesn't want to help someone on their way out etc etc.

To be fair, I work with Cognizant so IRCC should know I can't possibly fake experience from Cognizant...but one worries.

nitarora

Jan 3, 2019
H
Thank you: this gives me hope. I was just concerned if my current employer gave them a negative response or refused to comment because I'm on my notice period etc..or if IRCC makes an ADR which I can't furnish because my employer doesn't want to help someone on their way out etc etc.

To be fair, I work with Cognizant so IRCC should know I can't possibly fake experience from Cognizant...but one worries.
hey i'm in the same position now.. so what did you do?
Any suggestions?

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
Just adding my own experience. I changed jobs after AoR but before PPR. I raised a CSE and informed them of the change in employment on my last day at the old company. As supporting documents I uploaded:

1. A letter from the HR of the old company stating the position that I held there + my last date of employment. For good measure, I also had them mention that my leaving was entirely voluntary.
2. My offer letter from the new company (since I took a small break between jobs and couldn’t get an employer reference letter from the new company).

A few days after raising the CSE, I received acknowledgement via email that they had received my documents and notice of change of employment.

Reactions: nitarora

nitarora

Jan 3, 2019
Just adding my own experience. I changed jobs after AoR but before PPR. I raised a CSE and informed them of the change in employment on my last day at the old company. As supporting documents I uploaded:

1. A letter from the HR of the old company stating the position that I held there + my last date of employment. For good measure, I also had them mention that my leaving was entirely voluntary.
2. My offer letter from the new company (since I took a small break between jobs and couldn’t get an employer reference letter from the new company).

A few days after raising the CSE, I received acknowledgement via email that they had received my documents and notice of change of employment.
So when you resigned, at what stage were you? And when you resigned, did you inform IRCC?
As my BG is in-progress by IRCC, i'm just worried that it might have an adverse impact on the process, if I am in my notice period.

My AOR is 27th Feb and Biometrics completed on 16th Apr,

I'm in dilemma whether to resign or not, as even If I join a new company, I will not stick there for more than 3 months (expecting I will get COPR by then and will be preparing to leave for Canada, fingers crossed).

Any thoughts?

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
So when you resigned, at what stage were you?

My notice period as well as my leaving the job happened between the AoR and PPR.

And when you resigned, did you inform IRCC?

Yes, that is exactly what I did as I said in my last post.

As my BG is in-progress by IRCC, i'm just worried that it might have an adverse impact on the process, if I am in my notice period.

I don’t understand why you would think that. Leaving a job (for whatever reason) is your prerogative. There’s absolutely no reason that IRCC would care that you changed jobs. All they care is that you represented your job duties and duration truthfully.

My AOR is 27th Feb and Biometrics completed on 16th Apr,

I'm in dilemma whether to resign or not, as even If I join a new company, I will not stick there for more than 3 months (expecting I will get COPR by then and will be preparing to leave for Canada, fingers crossed).

Can’t speak to your motivations about switching jobs or your life situation but again, not changing jobs simply because you’re going through the Express Entry process doesn’t make any sense. If the fact that you’ll leave in 3 months is what’s keeping you from switching, that’s another matter entirely.

Any thoughts?

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018

hi i wanted to ask that did ircc asked you a ref letter from the new company?and was there any delay in your whole PPR process

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019
hi i wanted to ask that did ircc asked you a ref letter from the new company?and was there any delay in your whole PPR process
No and no.

davian09

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Hi,
What did you do ? I'm in a similar situation now.. I got my AOr on 24th December and I've changed my job on Jan 4th.. I'm yet to receive my service letter from my previous company.

davian09

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020

I'm in a similar situation.. I got my AoR on 24th December 2020 and I changed to a new job on Jan 4th 2021.. I'm yet to recieve a relieving letter from my previous employer. Should I wait till I get it.. or raise a web form now only and just upload the new offer letter ?