+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing intake and DLI outside canada

TanzilaH

Aug 1, 2023
Hi everyone
So the situation is as follows
I got an offer letter for fall 2024 for st clair college. I applied for a visa after one refusal and my application got approved. Passport has been sent for stamping and is in process. In the meantime i got an offer letter from another college for jan 2024 intake. Can I change DLI online without applying for new study permit . I was thinking I could start my studies earlier and save the time of 8 months .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
So the situation is as follows
I got an offer letter for fall 2024 for st clair college. I applied for a visa after one refusal and my application got approved. Passport has been sent for stamping and is in process. In the meantime i got an offer letter from another college for jan 2024 intake. Can I change DLI online without applying for new study permit . I was thinking I could start my studies earlier and save the time of 8 months .
You need a new study permit as you already been approved for St. Clair.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What about changing program to may intake in the same DLI? Will that cause any problem
If it is a new program you should really be submitting the new LOA so the study permit is based on the new program. As always indicated send in the new LOQ before stamping. Is it the same level and length of program? If for example your new program is academically inferior to the original one you need a new study permit. For example going from a post grad diploma to a diploma is not allowed without a new study permit.