+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from Bachelor's to Diploma

dreamonking

Feb 26, 2022
Hey there, I just wanted any update on if we can change our course on the same university. I mean I was enrolled in the university in the course of Btech in IT, but now seeing the cost and everything it's very expensive to complete a whole degree. Can I change my course level from bachelors to diploma which is basically the same course for the first two years either you do a btech or computer information systems. Will it effect my PGWP or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey there, I just wanted any update on if we can change our course on the same university. I mean I was enrolled in the university in the course of Btech in IT, but now seeing the cost and everything it's very expensive to complete a whole degree. Can I change my course level from bachelors to diploma which is basically the same course for the first two years either you do a btech or computer information systems. Will it effect my PGWP or not?
You will need a new study permit of you want to change from a bachelors to a diploma. If you change from a bachelors to a diploma it often requires changing schools as well. Are you sure you can change from a BSc in Comp Sci to a diploma at the same school? The length of PGWPdepends on the length of your course.

dreamonking

Feb 26, 2022
So, we require me to change the study permit if I am changing from Bachelors to Diploma. No, it is basically the same course the Computer Information Systems is an associate degree for Btech in IT. If you study the whole computer system you can start studying from 3rd year of Btech in IT.