+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from accompanying to non accompanying to accompanying

Jun 27, 2019
Hi all

Could you please suggest me on below scenario:
My wife had her COPR when we got married and she informed CIC of change in marital status and added me as accompanying spouse. However, our marriage fell apart due to some issues and on receiving passport request letter, she changed my status to non accompanying stating personal reasons. She got her COPR with spouse as non accompanying. Now we are back together, what are our best options?

Can I simply submit my passport with a LOE as request letter is valid till 30th or would it be a good idea to raise a CSE again. In any of this I don't want to risk her PR. I know it sounds stupid but just looking for a way out if any!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She’ll have to decide whether to apply to change you status back to accompanying or wait to see how your relationship goes over the next few months and decide to sponsor you once she lands and is confident your marriage is going to last.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Mywife will land in september. Can i apply on my own through express entry with her as non accompanying spouse? I have a score of 460.
Kindly guide as to how to proceed in my case?
If your marriage is unstable it would probably best to get PR on your own. She wouldn’t be non-accompanying since she has PR. The other option is she sends a CSE indicating she would like to switch you to accompanying. That will create a delay. She could also remain in Canada and sponsor you. It would take around a year.

BePositive123

Oct 9, 2020
Hi, May i know changing spouse from non accompanying to accompanying during the middle of PR process , would trigger CRS score reassessment again? I have already received AOR and submitted application as non accompanying due to less CRS score as a family.

Reactions: fadipeooa