+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing family member status non-accompanying to accompanying

Batuhan1988

Mar 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my ITA application under canadian experience class in 1st week of July. When I applied to express entry I said that my spouse is not coming with me so I would get enough score to get invitation to apply. Anyways I included her to the application as non-accompanying spouse and submitted the application. I called CIC to ask some questions about my application and they said I can include my wife in the application as accompanying spouse. I said to the agent on the phone that my express entry score was calculated based on my spouse is not coming with me. The agent put me on hold and asked a coworker about this and when she came back she said my colleague and I couldn't figure out why the system cutting off scores because of your spouse and I should change her status as accompanying spouse. She also told me that this must a technical issue and I should report this issue. She also said that Canada needs young couples like you.

I'm confused about all of this. My plan was wait to get my PR and sponsor my spouse after but based on what CIC told me my plan is a waste of time. at the same time I don't want to get rejected. Does anybody know anything about this?

kedar9

May 27, 2018
I have a very similar question. When I try calling the hotline, I never get through to an agent.
What number did you call? Did you select any specific option?
Thanks!

Batuhan1988

Mar 12, 2017
I have a very similar question. When I try calling the hotline, I never get through to an agent.
What number did you call? Did you select any specific option?
Thanks!
Certain days and times it is hard to reach them. I select how to become a pr express entry canadian experiance class. I think they open at 9 am so start calling at 9. They will still give you 30 mins wait time but at least you have that if you choose other options the agent says this is wrong department and puts you to the line again and you wait another 30 mins

I got my pr in Jan 8. I didnt include my wife and I applied for sponsorship.

Batuhan1988

Mar 12, 2017
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Can you sponsor somebody immediately after a soft landing?
Yes. They tell you at the immigration congrats you are pr now and you can sponsor your parrents... I asked can I sponsor my wife? She looked at my files and she said yes.