+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGING EMPLOYER RIGHT AWAY UPON ARRIVAL..PROBLEMS?

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
I am a filipino temporary foreign worker in Canada and just arrived here two weeks ago.

I wish to change employers right away. There is an employer willing to provide me LMO and wants me to go to the border as soon as it gets approved with my name to get my work permit (flagpole).

Will there be an issue that I will leave my employer right away? Will I be questioned at the border? Please help

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Hi !

I have the same issue. but i havent received visa yet. but i m in a need of changing my employer. i think if you have new LMO and new employer you dont need to worry . you always can change your employer. but iam not sure until ur LMO gets approved you can start work . LMO takes 2-3 months

which city are you in? Is there any way i can personally speak to you further about the situation.

tnx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hikkaduwa said:
Hi !

I have the same issue. but i havent received visa yet. but i m in a need of changing my employer. i think if you have new LMO and new employer you dont need to worry . you always can change your employer. but iam not sure until ur LMO gets approved you can start work . LMO takes 2-3 months
Wrong. You need a new approved LMO AND a new approved work permit before you can start working for the new employer.

Sveti28

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
butcherboy said:
I am a filipino temporary foreign worker in Canada and just arrived here two weeks ago.

I wish to change employers right away. There is an employer willing to provide me LMO and wants me to go to the border as soon as it gets approved with my name to get my work permit (flagpole).

Will there be an issue that I will leave my employer right away? Will I be questioned at the border? Please help
If you are in Canada, then your new employer should apply for new LMO, and then new work permit. You don't need to go to the border.

Sveti28

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a friend who is in one week upon arrival to Canada was fired. She found a new employer and processed LMO and work permit.

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
scylla said:
Wrong. You need a new approved LMO AND a new approved work permit before you can start working for the new employer.
its not wrong.. that s what i have said above. until his new lmo gets approved he cant work.

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
Hi Sveti

Thanks so much for your reply. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.. is it ok? Please? :(

1. What is her status? Is she a temporary foreign worker?

2. What kind of company got her fired? Was it from the food industry? factory?

3. When she got fired, she applied for a new job and got an LMO right? Did your friend go to the border for the work permit to be released or she just waited for it?

4. One more question, is she from a VISA-FREE COUNTRY (Like USA, Portugal etc).... or from a VISA - REQUIRED COUNTRY (Philippines, India. etc.) Thanks so much

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Butcher boy what company your working for? And what agency did u apply in the Philippines ? Thats sad if your employer pay for everything and then u will just leave so soon, that would affect some filipino worker wanted to come here, ur employer might not get employee from Philippines anymore coz they will think they might do the same.. Be thankful for what u have, lots of people here wanted to come here in canada to work, and LMO is talking so long these days think a lot before making a decision .

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
yes it would greatly affect filipino.. just remember if ever you have an agency..here the agency have a briefing regarding that kind of situation leaving the employer after landing in canada..sorry i hope you love your job because many Filipino dream to go there. think about it...