+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Employer MPNP

Apr 27, 2022
Hi all,

Got my MPNP nomination 2 months ago and have already applied for Express Entry PNP Stream. I was wondering if I can change my employer if the new one pay me higher wages? However, the new job will be NOC C with a different occupation than my current employer(NOC 0) which supported me for my MPNP Skilled Worker application.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Got my MPNP nomination 2 months ago and have already applied for Express Entry PNP Stream. I was wondering if I can change my employer if the new one pay me higher wages? However, the new job will be NOC C with a different occupation than my current employer(NOC 0) which supported me for my MPNP Skilled Worker application.

Thanks in advance.
I assume you applied through the skilled worker stream. If so, a change like this isn't possible and will result in your PR being refused.

Apr 27, 2022
I assume you applied through the skilled worker stream. If so, a change like this isn't possible and will result in your PR being refused.
Yes, I applied under skilled worker stream. i spoke to an MPNP officer today, over the phone, he said we have no issues as long as you have a valid reason to switch employers. He wasn’t sure about my express entry file though. If my nomination remains valid then I don’t think IRCC will object anything

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
You want to change employers for a higher wage, even though the one paying you a lower wage is helping you get Canadian permanent residency?

Apr 27, 2022
You want to change employers for a higher wage, even though the one paying you a lower wage is helping you get Canadian permanent residency?
Yes, why not? It's not that I begged them to help me, I worked there day and night. You have to move on for your future. Plus, my current employer is not dependent on me. Here, people get replaced within days.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yes, why not? It's not that I begged them to help me, I worked there day and night. You have to move on for your future. Plus, my current employer is not dependent on me. Here, people get replaced within days.
You're bold! I feel like if someone helped me with PR I owe them but that's jut me, I work in a job where I'm on 50% of the salary I had back in my home country, but they're supporting my PR. And when Canadian citizenship has so much more value than merely money, I felt I should stick it out but each to their own.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're bold! I feel like if someone helped me with PR I owe them but that's jut me, I work in a job where I'm on 50% of the salary I had back in my home country, but they're supporting my PR. And when Canadian citizenship has so much more value than merely money, I felt I should stick it out but each to their own.
The main issue I see here is that OP will be dropping from a NOC 0 role to a NOC C role. Not sure that will be accepted once IRCC starts the Express Entry processing portion.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
The main issue I see here is that OP will be dropping from a NOC 0 role to a NOC C role. Not sure that will be accepted once IRCC starts the Express Entry processing portion.
Wouldn't be an issue once he meets the minimum requirements.

aripjeet

Oct 28, 2022
Hey i have the similar situation did u have to report it to them about the employer change or how did it go.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hey i have the similar situation did u have to report it to them about the employer change or how did it go.
I talked to a consultant. They said that typical reason for switching that they allow are:

1. Not getting enough hours
2. Getting Fired

If your reason of switching is because of salary hike, they may not accept it. I'm not feeling comfortable at my current position so I decided to switch to a better position both career and financial. I understand that I'd have to wait for another year to apply PNP (if they keep current system, which is fine). I think the new program that they keep postponing (MPNP Renewal) changed it so that you only have to work 1 year in the province, regardless of the employer.

Salonyk01

Nov 27, 2022
I talked to a consultant. They said that typical reason for switching that they allow are:

1. Not getting enough hours
2. Getting Fired

If your reason of switching is because of salary hike, they may not accept it. I'm not feeling comfortable at my current position so I decided to switch to a better position both career and financial. I understand that I'd have to wait for another year to apply PNP (if they keep current system, which is fine). I think the new program that they keep postponing (MPNP Renewal) changed it so that you only have to work 1 year in the province, regardless of the employer.
Hi
I’m also in same situation rn and m in manitoba . So you’re saying here that they’re processing the applied mpnp if i change my employer after that

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Hi,
my PR through MPNP is in process, got AOR and RPRF, can i quit my employer now?
I assume your nomination is based on Job offer, so u have to maintain ur status till u get ur PR, after that you can do whatever u want , just to be in safe side. U don't Wana face any issues while processing ur PR application.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi
I’m also in same situation rn and m in manitoba . So you’re saying here that they’re processing the applied mpnp if i change my employer after that
No, it really depends on the reason of switch and its not 100% approved (depends on the officer's mood of the day) as these are handled on a case basis. That's what the consultant said and it makes sense. You can go talk to a consultant. I found a local MB one that're willing to do a free consultancy over the phone (hence why I got the info). The rest I had to pay $150 for a single question.

If you leave because you are getting laid-off or fired, that's probably fine. There's a chance the officer would take your reason at a face value and not bother with checking extra document.

I also emailed the program coordinator in immigratemanitoba.com. They pretty much say the same thing about 1 yr at current employer requirement for international student out of province.

I decided to take the plunge and switch employer to a bigger and better employer (both NOC A tech position) although still in Manitoba. Would have preferred SK, or AB as I can apply PNP right away but this is what I could get for now. I can't simply withstand my previous workplace toxicity for another 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018