+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI before or after arrival? (Urgent)

PAPA1987

Mar 3, 2023
Greetings of the day!

Please i want to confirm. My study visa was approved. But i will like to know if i can change my program / Course before arriving in Canada but same DLI.

Kai_

May 18, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Passport Req..
12-05-2023
Hello! I've learned a lot from your posts, and I appreciate the discussions. I hope you're all doing well.

I have a more complicated question and would appreciate an answer.

Currently, there is someone outside of Canada who has been granted a study permit for his/her first institution. Now, he/she want to apply for a study permit for a second institution. If the second study permit is refused, is it possible that the approval of the first study permit could also be cancelled?

Kai_

May 18, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Passport Req..
12-05-2023
Greetings of the day!

Please i want to confirm. My study visa was approved. But i will like to know if i can change my program / Course before arriving in Canada but same DLI.
I think you can chage the program of the school where you got your study permit.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello! I've learned a lot from your posts, and I appreciate the discussions. I hope you're all doing well.

Currently, there is someone outside of Canada who has been granted a study permit for his/her first institution. Now, he/she want to apply for a study permit for a second institution. If the second study permit is refused, is it possible that the approval of the first study permit could also be cancelled?
Good Morning, thanks for reaching out. Yes the first counterfoil will be invalid incase applicant is refused SP for another DLI

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Yes.

Reactions: Simba112
May 19, 2023
Good morning guys,my admission that was use to approve my visa got expired so i decided to change it to new institution,but unfortunately for me getting to the airport i was told that i cant be permit to travel because i havent update my institution on my visa please what is the next thing to do

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good morning guys,my admission that was use to approve my visa got expired so i decided to change it to new institution,but unfortunately for me getting to the airport i was told that i cant be permit to travel because i havent update my institution on my visa please what is the next thing to do
You need a new study permit. You cannot change schools without a new one.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i inform iirc yesterday through DLI transfer
Can i still use my previous school to avoid new study permit
So you are now going to the school on your permit? You need to show proof that you are attending the school listed on your permit. If you are changing schools without every actively attending the first school (attend for a semester) then you need a new permit. Rules are on the IRCC site about changing schools. There are online forms to fill.

May 19, 2023
I’m not active yet i change the DLI transfer last night
It is possible for me to use my previous school since i find out i will need new study permit
Can I just use this study permit then use the previous school

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m not active yet i change the DLI transfer last night
It is possible for me to use my previous school since i find out i will need new study permit
Can I just use this study permit then use the previous school
If you have proof that you are attending the school on your study permit, then you can enter Canada. Once you have attended the school on your study permit for at least a semester then you can change schools. See the rule below. You are not in Canada so once you are and actively studying at the first school, you can change.

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be: