+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI before or after arrival? (Urgent)

zico02

Sep 26, 2021
@ali_121 This is what someone I know is planning to do. They are planning to enter Canada as usual. But after entering Canada and BEFORE the start of their course, they will change their DLI to another college. In short, they will change DLI before both their programs start and after entering Canada.

Since their course hasn't started, it is impossible to "actively study". And the previous college cant cancel the permit because the college hasnt even started. And also, both are post-secondary courses. Hence, they said this method is in compliant with IRCC rules. And worst case scenario, the DLI change will be rejected. But since the study permit is still valid, they can still study with old college in worst case scenario.

Anyway, I don't know if this will help you or not. I personally don't know much, I am just passing the information. Make your own judgement. Perhaps you can ask IRCC using webform. Or ask lawyers from both colleges.
Please how was he able to do it at the end of the day please I have similar situation right now very very similar

Nov 10, 2021
well, I'm also thinking about changing my DLI. According to all those discussions you already have, it means that once a student arrived in Canada, it will be easier to change DLI for him. But the condition is the student must have to complete at least one semester so that he/she can prove that, the person willing to change the DLI was a regular student or active student.

Nov 10, 2021
Btw I forgot to ask something, I did the DLI change before the new rules were implemented. Is there a chance I can be exempt from it? Cuz the new rules came out in April and I did the change in the first week of March.

well, Mr. Ali, I don't know anything about the new rules of changing DLI, so it will be very helpful for me if you provide any sort of info about those new rules.
Also how many institutes are following the same rule.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
well, I'm also thinking about changing my DLI. According to all those discussions you already have, it means that once a student arrived in Canada, it will be easier to change DLI for him. But the condition is the student must have to complete at least one semester so that he/she can prove that, the person willing to change the DLI was a regular student or active student.
This is correct

Nov 10, 2021
Hey guys, I'm an international student and I've received my study permit and visa approval.

About a month ago, I got a better offer for a new university, so should I change DLI's from now or can I land first, then show my old university that I used for the study permit, then do the change once I get my permit? and would that cause any problems? as I'm enrolled in the new university too.

I also got approval from ICM Manitoba, for January 2022, UTP- stage 2 pathway program.
but the problem is, I don't wanna continue my study in ICM, on the other hand, I wish to move on to diploma program at Seneca College Toronto. one of my cousin suggested me change my DLI, after arriving Canada, it would be the easiest way to change it.
what do you think, what should I do??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also got approval from ICM Manitoba, for January 2022, UTP- stage 2 pathway program.
but the problem is, I don't wanna continue my study in ICM, on the other hand, I wish to move on to diploma program at Seneca College Toronto. one of my cousin suggested me change my DLI, after arriving Canada, it would be the easiest way to change it.
You need a new study permit if you have never studied (or intend to) at ICM.

Mark1211

Nov 10, 2021
@Naturgrl I don’t know if they will asked of collection slip after biometric when sending passport via DHL to vfs global.

What happens if you can't find the slip that was issued after biometric enrollment?

Nov 10, 2021
@Naturgrl I don’t know if they will asked of collection slip after biometric when sending passport via DHL to vfs global.

What happens if you can't find the slip that was issued after biometric enrollment?

bro vfs global always adjust those slips or documents with the biometric appointment letter, just take everything, provided by them, they will simply find out whatever they need.

Neg123

Nov 15, 2021
I also got approval from Manitoba forJanuary 2022, but I have plan to attend in college in Toronto, I also got my admission and I completed my registration. Wondering to know what should I do? Changing my DLI after arrival ?

Neg123

Nov 15, 2021
Hey guys, I'm an international student and I've received my study permit and visa approval.

About a month ago, I got a better offer for a new university, so should I change DLI's from now or can I land first, then show my old university that I used for the study permit, then do the change once I get my permit? and would that cause any problems? as I'm enrolled in the new university too.
Hi Ali, you already move to Canada? Did you change your DLI number? Did you receive any confirmation or denied from IRCC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I also got approval from Manitoba forJanuary 2022, but I have plan to attend in college in Toronto, I also got my admission and I completed my registration. Wondering to know what should I do? Changing my DLI after arrival ?
Have you ever attended the school in Manitoba for at least a semester or a year? Are you in Canada? If not, you need a new study permit for the college in Toronto.

Reactions: YVR123

Neg123

Nov 15, 2021
Have you ever attended the school in Manitoba for at least a semester or a year? Are you in Canada? If not, you need a new study permit for the college in Toronto.
No, I didn't attend any semester or a year in Manitoba. I'll be in Canada next week and before my program start, I wanna change my DLI.

Neg123

Nov 15, 2021
Actually, I wasn't aware of the new rule, I thought it would be just an online service to change the DLI without facing any challenges. ( as most of my friends told me), I already enrolled in college and did the payment for the first year.
so if I want to apply for new study permit, could I proceed while I'm in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually, I wasn't aware of the new rule, I thought it would be just an online service to change the DLI without facing any challenges. ( as most of my friends told me), I already enrolled in college and did the payment for the first year.
so if I want to apply for new study permit, could I proceed while I'm in Canada?
Are you in Canada now? If not, to enter you may need to show your enrolment and payment to the school in Manitoba. Then you attend for the semester, then change schools. Or you apply for a new study permit now.

Reactions: Wingslife