+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same DLI - Program Change Before Arrival

LaTany

May 23, 2024
Hi!

My student visa was recently approved for a 1-year post-Degree Diploma at a public university (DLI). My passport has already been stamped and my POE letter issued. Unfortunately, I received my approval after the deadline (my start date was in April), so the university deferred me to the September intake. Sadly, my chosen program was not available for September, so the university gave me the choice to select a different program. I selected and enrolled in a very similar 1-year post-Degree Diploma and will start school on September 5. My university has issued me a new LOA to show at the port of entry.

However, I am extremely worried, because I was just told by a friend that I may need to submit a brand new study permit application due to the change, is this correct?

LaTany

May 23, 2024
Hi. Thank you for your response.

No I do not have PAL. My application was submitted in December 2023 before PAL was required. Should I ask the university for the PAL? I did not think about this before.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. Thank you for your response.

No I do not have PAL. My application was submitted in December 2023 before PAL was required. Should I ask the university for the PAL? I did not think about this before.
If approved prior to PAL requirements then you are okay to change programs within the university. What university may I ask?