+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI before landing in Canada

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Did you change DLI before landing in Canada? Are you in Canada right now? Was there any problem at the port of entry?

I applied to study permit with "A" university which will start in September 2020. I want to change it to "B" university which will start in January 2021. I will change the DLI before landing in Canada. Do you think I might have any problem?
Yep, before landing in Canada. I'm in Canada right now and didn't have any problems at entry, but I did get here December 2018.
Your situation is more complex since both my DLIs had the same start date. You might want to contact the advisor at your DLI and get his advice on that.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hello, I am also planning to apply to a different college. My study permit is still being processed, but I would like to ask which school document did you show to the visa/immigration officer? The one originally from your application or university B?
I only showed the documents of university B, which I would be attending.
I had the documents for the other university with me just in case, but didn't need them.

SuhasRebel

Aug 16, 2020
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Did you change DLI before landing in Canada? Are you in Canada right now? Was there any problem at the port of entry?

I applied to study permit with "A" university which will start in September 2020. I want to change it to "B" university which will start in January 2021. I will change the DLI before landing in Canada. Do you think I might have any problem?
I have the same situation ,if u got the right solution , please respond me ,let's work out together :bonthalasuhas96@gmail.com

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
My situation is similar to like you guys. however, I just wanted to change course from A to course B in the same college.
I applied for the study visa and have got approval for stage 1.
now Im concerned whether to send ircc new loa before getting final stage 2 approval. I fear that i might get rejected.

Can I update them after getting visa stamped on my passport?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Hi! Did you withdraw from University A before applying for University B? OR did you withdraw from University A after getting the LOA from University B?

Also, I've seen study permit examples where the student is only allowed to do some part-time jobs in one specific city/province. So when you changed your DLI in GCKey, did it also automatically change the city you're eligible to do some part-time jobs at in your study permit?

Thank you!

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi! Did you withdraw from University A before applying for University B? OR did you withdraw from University A after getting the LOA from University B?

Also, I've seen study permit examples where the student is only allowed to do some part-time jobs in one specific city/province. So when you changed your DLI in GCKey, did it also automatically change the city you're eligible to do some part-time jobs at in your study permit?

Thank you!
I applied for both universities at the same time, and then I waited until University B sent me an LOA before withdrawing from A.
Both universities were in Ontario, so I don't know about your second question. My study permit does say "Institution Name: Designated Learning Inst -ON", but that's the only place where location is mentioned.