+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing college after coming to canada

Kamal Parmar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Immigration agents are advising not to change colleges after coming to canada as it may lead to visa cancellations or problems during PR !!

But if you are genuine student with intent to study you can change your college and course...

I changed mine from fanshawe to seneca@york

And thank god i did !!!

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS,Global Karachi,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Kamal Parmar said:
Immigration agents are advising not to change colleges after coming to canada as it may lead to visa cancellations or problems during PR !!

But if you are genuine student with intent to study you can change your college and course...

I changed mine from fanshawe to seneca @ york

And thank god i did !!!
please provide details on how i can change my institute after entering canada? can i change my college immideately after entering canada.

Kamal Parmar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hi as per my opinion... you should get into canada and then change your course... as changing before landing might cause problems...
it is a safe bet doing it later...

I can help (for free) if u wish to change after you reach canada... u may pm me :)

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
Kamal Parmar said:
Hi as per my opinion... you should get into canada and then change your course... as changing before landing might cause problems...
it is a safe bet doing it later...

I can help (for free) if u wish to change after you reach canada... u may pm me :)
yes please... share complete details.

sukhwant

Jul 26, 2014
I m also want to change my college after landing in canada ,so what is the procedure of changing ..plz help.

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
I've been searching for proper answer for few weeks now .. process is pretty simple .
After landing in Canada, secure admission in another college ( where u want to transfer ) and present ur new LOA to the international office .. they will transfer ur fees ( the one u have already paid ) to the new college deducting some amount as per their rules regarding withdrawal/ change of college.
Every college has different rules about changing colleges . so u better consult it with the international office of your present college.

Hope this helps .)))

gdhot

Star Member
Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/12/2014
changing college can be very dangerous. .as now there is dli no of college on visa stamp.it can create a problem in pr

Talha Gujjar

May 12, 2014
Milton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Request
20-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-12-2014
dufferdexter said:
I've been searching for proper answer for few weeks now .. process is pretty simple .
After landing in Canada, secure admission in another college ( where u want to transfer ) and present ur new LOA to the international office .. they will transfer ur fees ( the one u have already paid ) to the new college deducting some amount as per their rules regarding withdrawal/ change of college.
Every college has different rules about changing colleges . so u better consult it with the international office of your present college.

Hope this helps .)))
thanks for the info dexter. ;D

Shubhuu

May 17, 2017
I will be going to canada in august...i want to change my college after going there and before strtng of session. Can it be possible??? I m having tension...can anyone help me out...i mean is anyone having solution so that i can reduce my stress relatedto this

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
I will be going to canada in august...i want to change my college after going there and before strtng of session. Can it be possible??? I m having tension...can anyone help me out...i mean is anyone having solution so that i can reduce my stress relatedto this
Yes you can change the course as long as it is equivalent to what you applied the visa for.