+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing caregiver jobs

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
Is this CIC website information correct about changing employers? It says"The hours you work for your new employer will not count towards the work experience required to apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program."
Any idea what this really means Leon?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/caregiver-faq17.asp

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That statement only applies if you LEAVE the LIC program. So if you change jobs to another caregiver position, the hours will count for PR application. But if you changed jobs to another new position that is NOT a caregiver job, the hours worked in your new job would not apply towards the hours necessary to qualify for PR under the LIC program. Hope that helps.

7si

Aug 20, 2010
Hi! would anyone know, if it is possible to work as caregiver not under the Live-in caregiver program as I dont have the requirements like experience and training. I have an employer who is willing to get my service even though. Its just that we are unsure if that is possible?

Hope you can shed some light. Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, not possible. The employer needs to apply for an LMO and you would need the positive LMO to apply for the work visa. You must qualify for the position stated in the LMO and you wouldn't. Sorry.