+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing address

Shane Song

May 15, 2012
Hi Guys, I am having trouble with changing my residential address in my application, and here is the situation:

My partner sponsors me for PR under family class. We handed in the application when we still lived in Halifax. We filled in our apartment address as residential address, and our Nova Scotia cell phone numbers. We put his parents' address as the mailing address, and their home number as the alternate phone number.

Lately we moved to Toronto for school and finding works. We wanted to change the residential address and current cell phone numbers, but when we tried to do it online by entering UID number as well as by receipt number, it wouldn't bring up our file. (Since they are going to do the assessment of sponsor first, I tried all kinds of combinations, my UID + my name/birthday, my UID + his name/birthday, receipt number + my name/birthday, receipt number + his name/birthday, none of them is working...)

The page we got entering information says it's either wrong information, or file is not yet processed. But the package we mailed arrived at June 6th, and it is shown on the cic website that they are dealing with packages arrived on June 12th now.

We tried to contact the call centre, we called it everyday for more than a week, different time slots, we even called it 8 in the morning, but never got through.

Anyone knows what's going on and what I should do to make this change happen? I am especially worried about the cell phone number, what if they try to call us and reach the numbers that are no long valid? Are we going to fail in that case??

BTW, I am currently living in Canada, but we applied the outland one since the process time is short. Does this have anything to do with changing address?

We are very worried now, please help out and thank you so much!!!

Shane

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Unfortunately, the call center is difficult to get through to. Start at 8 and just keep calling. If you get through and find out you're approved you'll be way less worried. Did you forward the mail from your old address? It's possible you have been approved and didn't receive your letter yet. It took almost 3 weeks to get mine in the mail. The good news is.. regardless of if you receive the sponsorship approval letter.. your app will still be on to Step 2. So keep trying the CIC, they can tell you over the phone if you have been apprived. And then ask them for the UCI and/or the Application #.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Before you can change things online you must have sponsorship approval, you must be entered into the system and you won't be entered into the system until you receive sponsorship approval... This is why you are getting the "it's either wrong information, or file is not yet processed." Because... it's not processed yet, the wait time for 1st stage approval I believe is @ 70 days so thats 70 days from the time they mark it as received. could be alittle quicker or alittle longer. I'm not even sure getting a hold of anyone @ the call center will do anything you might get the same response call back once your in the system. The good thing is you used parents address as mailing address so the approval letter will get mailed there.