+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ive talked to cic agent this morning regarding this section and she told me to write my address since its asking where were YOU physically located and not asking for the address of the company or the educational institution. the best would be to call IRCC and ask the agents to get the proper answer. call IRCC at 888-242-2100

Ok will do. Will call next week when the dust has settled a littlebit

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi SPYFY,

I already sent my application today.

However I noticed that I just went by the checklist and didn't include the photocopy of PR card or the COPR.

Is there a way that I can add it now?

I would really appreciate your inputs on this.
I forgot a copy of my PR card for my PR renewal and i rushed back last year to include it luckily it was still at their office have u called? The post office

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Hi SPYFY,

I already sent my application today.

However I noticed that I just went by the checklist and didn't include the photocopy of PR card or the COPR.

Is there a way that I can add it now?

I would really appreciate your inputs on this.
You will be fine. Worst case scenario: They will ask you to send in a copy of your COPR at some point in the future. You will not be penalized for not sending something that is not on the checklist.

__jack_br__

Mar 26, 2017
Sent with UPS yesterday 5pm, cost me almost 50CAD... but still told me to expect the delivery at Friday.
Asked for signature, hope this signature will not delay the delivery.

The lady knew it was for Sydney before I handed it to her, she must have dealt a LOT yesterday. :((((

Reactions: ibry and jsm0085

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
for question 9, c) during your eligibility period Did you live outside Canada?

If yes, complete CIT0177, which is only for governmental employees

Is the answer 'No' if you were not employed in Governmental works?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

Does anyone know if CIC still sends physical letters out when you have provided email address? I am debating if I should add the mailing address for my work since I am never home during the day to collect mail but at work there is always someone to collect it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I put work address as mailing address.

Last edited:

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
for question 9, c) during your eligibility period Did you live outside Canada?

If yes, complete CIT0177, which is only for governmental employees

Is the answer 'No' if you were not employed in Governmental works?
I just said no to it since I don't work in the government. I believe that form is only if you want to claim time spent out of Canada to be used to fulfill the requirements.

Reactions: torontoguy87

Paris971

Mar 12, 2017
And all my forms are filled ! I will make photo and send the forms on Saturday. Hope they wont send it back to me...

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi,

Can anyone please help me with my query?

I came to Canada on work permit in Feb 21, 2011 and became PR on Aug 14, 2015. Between Feb 21, 2011 and Aug 14, 2015, I had to apply for work permit almost every year because of the 1 yr validity and there was a time that I didn't have any valid work permit in between as my previous permit expired and the decision on my new work permit request was not yet taken but I was still in Canada working for my employer.

My question is how do I put this in section 9b). Can I just say that I was on work permit from Feb 21, 2011 till Aug 13, 2015 or do I need to break it into different work permits I had during this period including any gaps?

Thanks

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
Hi,

I came to Canada on work permit in Feb 21, 2011 and became PR on Aug 14, 2015. Between Feb 21, 2011 and Aug 14, 2015, I had to apply for work permit almost every year because of the 1 yr validity and there was a time that I didn't have any valid work permit in between as my previous permit expired and the decision on my new work permit request was not yet taken but I was still in Canada working for my employer.

My question is how do I put this in section 9b). Can I just say that I was on work permit from Feb 21, 2011 till Aug 13, 2015 or do I need to break it into different work permits I had during this period including any gaps?

Thanks
Hope someone can clarify too.

I have a similar situation where I have a gap in my work permits and was under "implied status".
Im just going to list both permits, and for the gap list it as "implied status"

Reactions: KK82

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hope someone can clarify too.

I have a similar situation where I have a gap in my work permits and was under "implied status".
Im just going to list both permits, and for the gap list it as "implied status"
Thank you. Did you listed both the permits in Physical Presence calculator too or there it was just one permit date covering both?

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Hi

My eligibility period is 2012-12-12 to 2017-12-12

I landed here on Nov 2014. Before this, I was in Pakistan as citizen for more than 183 days. Do I need to mention my stay in Pakistan in 10(a) & (b)

Do I need to provide Police Clarence Certificate for Pakistan for that period?

Khurram Rizvi

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
Does anyone know what happens with the application fee if the application is missing information and is returned? Is the fee still valid and can be re-attached to a new application that has all the required details filled in?