+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hello Guys,

I've seen some people asking kind of the same thing about IMPLIED STATUS what type of status I have to choose from the list if my status was implied?????. The calculator has a drop down list:
- Visitor
- International Student
- Temporary worker
- Temporary Resident Permit Holder
- Protected Person

During my time as a foreign worker while I was renewing my next work permit I had some problems I lost that status and applied again, everything went well. But there is a gap of time about 2 months where I was waiting for next permit to be issued that period my status was implied.

Any suggestions? someone with same situation?

Thanks in advance!!!

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
Hey Guys I have a doubt about question 9 b,
I had my study permit renewed one time(the first time I got it was when I entered Canada), do I need to give individual study permit dates, or I just say I was a student because my status was student throughout till the completion of my degree
Write all your time as student permit holder , no need to give individual dates . Thanks

Reactions: GBH

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
Hello Guys,

I've seen some people asking kind of the same thing about IMPLIED STATUS what type of status I have to choose from the list if my status was implied?????. The calculator has a drop down list:
- Visitor
- International Student
- Temporary worker
- Protected Person

During my time as a foreign worker while I was renewing my next work permit I had some problems I lost that status and applied again, everything went well. But there is a gap of time about 2 months where I was waiting for next permit to be issued that period my status was implied.

Thanks in advance!!!
Write down that period as on a implied status and fill question where they ask your u about yo R activities as unemployed because technically you cannot work in that period but don’t leave any gaps . Thanks

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Write down that period as on a implied status and fill question where they ask your u about yo R activities as unemployed because technically you cannot work in that period but don’t leave any gaps . Thanks
Not true, you can continue work on implied status : provided you applied for an extension while your work permit was valid.

Implied status is time period between your old and new status. If you you were student and applied for study permit extension then you will be on Implied Student status from your study permit expired until you get your new student permit.

[updated] Good suggestion about not leaving any gaps and providing info.

Reactions: Preetinder86

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017
Thanks
Not true, you can continue work on implied status : provided you applied for an extension while your work permit was valid.

Implied status is time period between your old and new status. If you you were student and applied for study permit extension then you will be on Implied Student status from your study permit expired until you get your new student permit.

[updated] Good suggestion about not leaving any gaps and providing info.
for update I didn’t know anyone can work on implied status too . Thanks again

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Thanks

for update I didn’t know anyone can work on implied status too . Thanks again
no worries, I worked on implied status and so many of my friends. :)

Reactions: Preetinder86

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Hey all,

Just as an FYI - the request to have any immigration documents in the citizenship application has now been removed from the guide, as per the below tweet from IRCC. It is also still not on the checklist.

If you do a hard refresh (usually control + refresh) on the guide, you'll see it has been removed.

Even if you have already sent a copy of one of those documents (e.g. PR Card, COPR, etc.), then there isn't going to be a problem as you're not missing anything.

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada
Replying to @linhdstar
Hi - these documents have been updated with correct information. We apologize for the confusion. Thanks for letting us know.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hello Guys,

- Visitor
- International Student
- Temporary worker
- Protected Person

Thanks in advance!!!

I also had implied status in between work permits - given it is implied, you are still considered in status as a temporary worker.

I know this because the letter I received AFTER my implied status told me "Your temporary resident status expired on.." the date was the end of the implied status.

My work permit had to be appealed - the time between I could remain as a visitor (up to 3 months for Australians) - so the inbetween time for me is visitor.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Thank you guys who replied. I remember at that time where I was implied my lawyer and my employer made me to stop working until I got my new work permit. When I applied for my PR I remember I had to do this breakdown of my status since day 1, but the difference was the form, at that time you could actually type your status and I put down "implied/unemployed"

I just remember this happened twice when I changed from visitor to student and then from student to foreign worker. I'm reading if this is the case you must cease working on the date that current permit expires.

Anyways it makes sense not to leave gaps but I still wonder what of the 5 options to choose from the list (I must choose one) when filling up the calculator.
- Visitor
- International Student
- Temporary worker
- Protected Person

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Thank you guys who replied. I remember at that time where I was implied my lawyer and my employer made me to stop working until I got my new work permit. When I applied for my PR I remember I had to do this breakdown of my status since day 1, but the difference was the form, at that time you could actually type your status and I put down "implied/unemployed"

I just remember this happened twice when I changed from visitor to student and then from student to foreign worker. I'm reading if this is the case you must cease working on the date that current permit expires.

Anyways it makes sense not to leave gaps but I still wonder what of the 5 options to choose from the list (I must choose one) when filling up the calculator.
- Visitor
- International Student
- Temporary worker
- Protected Person

Implied status for temporary foreign workers allows you to work - when you lose the status, you have to stop working.

My visa ended March 14, 2014, we had applied for implied status for 3 months- and then my LMO letter states: "We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on May 14, 2014. "

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello everyone!

Kindly explain the question which ask whether you were outside of canada during your eligibility period. My eligibility period is from Oct 20 2012-Oct 20 2017.

I entered canada on Jan 20 2014. Do i say yes? if i say yes, there is another form that needs to be filled out but it is say about deployment of your canadian spouse etc.

Kindly reply and thank you for your valuable inputs.

sohrabshabani

Dec 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Hi guys,

I would appreciate your help. Question 9.b is very confusing and I am not sure if my answers make sense.

My study permit was valid from August 10, 2011 to Sept. 01,2013. Then I got my 3 years work permit which was valid from July 10, 2013 to June 10, 2016. I became PR in Sep. 02.2015. I read the instruction guide and the application form very carefully. This is what I see there:

"The eligibility period is five (5) years before the date of your application
Within the last 5 years, tell us if you held temporary resident status, or protected person’s status in Canada before you became a permanent resident."

What I get from this instruction is that the starting date of my study permit in both application form and calculator should be 2012/10/15 which is within last 5 years and not actual starting date of my study permit which is 2011/08/10.

Also my study permit and work permit validity overlap in time. I checked my work permit and under "conditions" it says prohibited from attending any educational institution and training courses during the validity of work permit. It means that regardless of expiry date of study permit on the paper which is 2013/ 09/01, it automatically expires the day you obtain your work permit. Therefore, from my understanding the expiry date of your study permit is the day you obtained your work permit

Here is what I came up with:
1- The starting date of my study permit is my eligibility date (2012/10/15) in both calculator and application form (5 years before I apply for citizenship)
2- The expiry date of study permit is the day my work permit was issued (2013/06/10) in both calculator and application form
3- The starting date of my work permit is the issued date (July 10, 2013)
4- The expiry date of work permit in physical calculator is 2015/09/01 which is one day before my PR
and in application form is the PR date (2015/09/02)

Please share your thoughts. Do you think my dates are correct?

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hi All,

Is it me or there is no requirement to send a copy of landing? I can't see it requested in the check list or in the instruction guide.

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Spyfy,

One more question please! In form there is a question, during eligibility period did you live outside of Canada? if yes please fill a separate form.

My details are as follows:

Came to Canada in May 2013, so when I calculated days online it says eligibility period is Oct 2012 to Oct 2017.

Question: Should I mention my stay from Oct 2012 to May 2013 (I was back home), i was out of country and do i need to show in addresses and where I was working?

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,