+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hey Guys I Just received my original transcripts from my University, should I send the sealed envelop or should I open the transcripts and send them with a copy of my degree for Proof of language

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Guys I Just received my original transcripts from my University, should I send the sealed envelop or should I open the transcripts and send them with a copy of my degree for Proof of language
Transcripts are only classified as official as long as they are sealed. Submit it sealed.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Transcripts are only classified as official as long as they are sealed. Submit it sealed.
If this were for a university application, you would be correct. However, this is just for immigration purposes and the document checklist clearly states that photocopies are enough.

Reactions: Nawazt

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
If this were for a university application, you would be correct. However, this is just for immigration purposes and the document checklist clearly states that photocopies are enough.
Thanks for replying guys, so i should open them and send them with copy of my degree then

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
If I was a student on a study permit 2 years before I became a PR what status do I put on the calculator and the main form? Student only? I also had co-op work permit and off-campus work permit, is that an addition to the status of student or are those 2 other statuses I had?

In other words, can I just put - student (also held off campus wp + coop wp), or do i have to list 3 different statuses?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hmm, on the instruction guide it says "official" transcripts.

You attended a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks for replying guys, so i should open them and send them with copy of my degree then
Yes. To be clear: I am basing this answer on the following line in the document checklist: "Photocopy of proof that demonstrates adequate knowledge of English or French"

Obviously it would be impossible to provide a photocopy without opening the envelope.

Hence my recommendation.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hmm, on the instruction guide it says "official" transcripts.

You attended a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
Just because you opened the enevelope, that doesn't mean it's not "official" anymore. Again, the document checklist clearly says Photocopy of...

By the way: In many countries, universities don't even seal transcripts anyways.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If I was a student on a study permit 2 years before I became a PR what status do I put on the calculator and the main form? Student only? I also had co-op work permit and off-campus work permit, is that an addition to the status of student or are those 2 other statuses I had?

In other words, can I just put - student (also held off campus wp + coop wp), or do i have to list 3 different statuses?
You were mainly a student. It was your study permit that allowed you to RESIDE in Canada. That is what matters. The co-op work permit and the OCWP did not permit you to RESIDE in Canada. They only permitted you to work while you reside in Canada by virtue of your study permit.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Just because you opened the enevelope, that doesn't mean it's not "official" anymore. Again, the document checklist clearly says Photocopy of...

By the way: In many countries, universities don't even seal transcripts anyways.
My transcript has a seal from the university which says if opened, it's no longer "official".

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My transcript has a seal from the university which says if opened, it's no longer "official".
To be honest, I doubt that you will have a problem with your application either way. So if it gives you peace of mind not to open the envelope and send the original, I think you should be fine, too. :)

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
Quick question regarding 9b ie Temp Resident Status.

In between work visas, I was under "implied status" (first visa expired while I waited for my new work visa / PR.)
I assume I should note this down rather than leave a gap in dates? (and just list it as "implied status"?

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Every day your wife is in Canada for at least one minute counts as a day of physical presence.

So if she, say, leaves Canada on Monday at 8am and comes back to Canada on Wednesday at 7pm, then she has only been absent for one day (Tuesday). Note that actual border crossing times count, not when she "regularly" returns. The actual timestamp in the border register is what is relevant.
Ok thanks!

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
To be honest, I doubt that you will have a problem with your application either way. So if it gives you peace of mind not to open the envelope and send the original, I think you should be fine, too. :)
I am just planning to send a copy of my degree certificate, not the transcripts. Isn't it enough as it is mentioned that "A degree, diploma, certificate OR official transcripts"