+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

IXIA150

Apr 28, 2017
Hi

I was finally able to fill again the application and this time I was also able to print it. It was not direct, I opened the link to the application from the cic webpage via google chrome and it actually didn't open, however, it gave me an option if I want to open it using Adobe Reader pdf. I thought I am already opening it with Adobe.
Anyway, I clicked open with adobe reader and It actually opened a printable form which I filled again and printed it after I finished.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
That is what I have planned to do but since I'm eligible by early January 2018, I wouldn't have my new passport by then. I takes a while to renew my passport and change my surname and PR card too (I heard it takes at least 3 months). So I decided to just do nothing on my documents and wait to apply citizenship first.
I am taking a chance. I got my passport renewed with the last name (name split to include surname) and my DL has the correct name the way I want it but COPR & PR card has everything in last name.

I will be asking to change the name since that is the only place I can request it and going to provide proof for name change outside Canada namely my old passport, new passport with reference to old passport and DL.

I am not looking to update my PR card since it is only a name split plus I am applying for citizenship anyways.

SAM2017

Jun 20, 2017
for question enter details of your employment and education in case unemployed what we have to enter in phone number email address and name of contact

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
for question enter details of your employment and education in case unemployed what we have to enter in phone number email address and name of contact
I provided my own contact. I think the logic behind the contact info is in case if they need to verify. Or you can insert n/a - I think it would also work.

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
While I am paying online, system timed out but it it withdraw the money without receipt! what is the solution?

SAM2017

Jun 20, 2017
I provided my own contact. I think the logic behind the contact info is in case if they need to verify. Or you can insert n/a - I think it would also work.
AND ITS NOT MAKE SENSE TO PROVIDE MY CONTACT INFORMATION TO VERIFY WITH ME WHAT DO U THINK

arash1718

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Your options if you can NOT print the form:
1) Do a SHIFT+refresh on the application form and download and open it with Adobe Reader.
2) Try to download the form with your cellphone data (using hot spot or emailing it to yourself)
3) Connect with a VPN and then hard refresh (Shift+refresh)
4) Ask someone else to send the forms to you

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
While I am paying online, system timed out but it it withdraw the money without receipt! what is the solution?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I am unable to get past the first page of physical residence calculator. Anyone else having the issue?

Added, form CIT0002E says in question 4(b), enter your name exactly as shown on your most recent immigration document?

Is immigration document (can be) foreign passport or PR card or either or?

Last edited:

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
If I couldn't print the payment receipt, while it was actually deducted from my account. Will they send receipt by email?
any thoughts?