+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If I couldn't print the payment receipt, while it was actually deducted from my account. Will they send receipt by email?
any thoughts?
Most probably, it will go into temporary authorizations on your card which will be automatically removed in 5-6 business days meaning you have not paid. Only when the temporary authorization becomes a charge is when you have paid.

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Most probably, it will go into temporary authorizations on your card which will be automatically removed in 5-6 business days meaning you have not paid. Only when the temporary authorization becomes a charge is when you have paid.
You meant that if I haven't received the receipt by email, it means that CIC didn't really deduct the amount?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
You meant that if I haven't received the receipt by email, it means that CIC didn't really deduct the amount?
To be honest, it is a very safe assumption. If you have a different credit card, I will try with that one and call the first card company and dispute the transaction if it comes to it.

The only reason why I am assuming it is because CIC systems are clogged right now. Not sure, if it is in queue but from what I understand it is not coming.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Guys question:

I lived in UAE >visited Canada for 6 days> returned back to UAE ( All in one month)
I want to make use of this visit towards my presence.

Now List all address only shows month, so when I put the addresses, one raw (when stayed in Canada) showing same month?

I wanted to remove this from the calculator but the website is not working AND I do not want to cover something, maybe they might say I did not mention it!!

What do you suggest guys

surya99

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hi I have a quick question:
Is the Residency Calculator Website is working properly or is it taking too much time to open. Mine is taking forever to open this page.

Thanks in advance.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi I have a quick question:
Is the Residency Calculator Website is working properly or is it taking too much time to open. Mine is taking forever to open this page.

Thanks in advance.
I just get cannot open the page.

yycvr17

Jun 20, 2017
It is not within the power of IRCC to ignore the law. They must test people over 54 if they applied before oct 11. The law says so. Unless I misread the bill, I invite everyone to read sections 17, 17.1 and 18 of the bill.
Yup, study hard te all plus 54s!!!! You can do it too

May 20, 2014
Hello and thank you for all the great info.

Question about employment and education history (#11):

I have been a PhD student since Sep 2011. For the first 4 years of my PhD 2011-2015 I was paid through scholarship and salary (salary only some semesters). During that period I was always working as a Research Assistant (RA) 12 hours a week (and it is a mess up from the university since they decided to pay for some of the work through scholarship and not salary). The problem is, all of 2013 I was only paid through scholarship which is reflected in my T4 and Tax filings. After Sep 2015 I was working under separate contracts and paid through salary which is straight forward. So I am not sure how to reflect my work experience.

Version 1:

Sep 2011 - Present - PhD Student
Sep 2011 - Aug 2015 - RA
Then list individual contracts

The problem with this is that they may look through my tax history and say, you were not paid salary in 2013, how could you work?

Version 2:

Sep 2011 - Present - PhD Student
Sep 2011 - Dec 2012 - RA
Jan 2014 - Aug 2015 - RA
Then list individual contracts

The problem with this is that I claimed Version 1 work history for my PR (explaining the payment situation through a letter from my boss)

Your ideas are much appreciated!