+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

genesystechie

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah, but just to clarify: I am totally aware of the hassle to get another police certificate. So just let me be clear that I completely understand the frustration despite the fact that on a formal level I am right.
spyfy: I do not see PCC, being asked as document in the application guide or the new form. Here are the documents that need to be attached based on the application guide:
Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
    • Verification of Status document
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • If you are 18 to 54 years old:
    • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
      • results of a third-party language test;
      • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
      • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
        OR
    • If you are 18-54 years of age and unable to demonstrate that you have the necessary English or French language ability due to a medical condition, you must submit a supporting evidence with your application. Please provide photocopies of one of the following:
      • An audiogram and an attestation issued by a Canadian audiologist if you are hearing impaired; or
      • Evidence from a medical practitioner in Canada if you have a disorder, disability or condition that is cognitive, psychiatric or physiological in nature.
  • two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • The application fee of $630.00 per adult paid online. Use the Document Checklist (CIT 0007) to make sure your application package is complete. Submit the completed checklist with your application.
Do you think we should still attach the PCC?

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
HI everyone!

one question says about providing photocopies of biographical pages of passport and/or travel document. Kindly explain what is travel document. I held uk work visa on my passport and during my eligibility i was working in uk from 2012 to aug 2013. Do i need to provide photocopy of uk visa?

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hi Spyfy

I would appreciate some insight into a concern I have.

I was a refugee claimant for a year before becoming a protected person, application says that time is not credited towards residency requirement. my question is, do I leave that one year empty in the application and in the time calculator? I am afraid that would leave an unexplained gap in time I stayed in Canada.

P S I also had a work permit during that one year. got work permit through the refugee claim application.

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
spyfy: I do not see PCC, being asked as document in the application guide or the new form. Here are the documents that need to be attached based on the application guide:
Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
    • Verification of Status document
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • If you are 18 to 54 years old:
    • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
      • results of a third-party language test;
      • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
      • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.
        OR
    • If you are 18-54 years of age and unable to demonstrate that you have the necessary English or French language ability due to a medical condition, you must submit a supporting evidence with your application. Please provide photocopies of one of the following:
      • An audiogram and an attestation issued by a Canadian audiologist if you are hearing impaired; or
      • Evidence from a medical practitioner in Canada if you have a disorder, disability or condition that is cognitive, psychiatric or physiological in nature.
  • two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • The application fee of $630.00 per adult paid online. Use the Document Checklist (CIT 0007) to make sure your application package is complete. Submit the completed checklist with your application.
Do you think we should still attach the PCC?
HI !

Kindly check question 10(b) of the main form. It clearly states if you are out for more than 183, you have to submit police clearance certificate.

Reactions: blueangel371115

genesystechie

Oct 11, 2017
I have a few questions on the new form:
1. In question 9a, the eligibility period is counted as 1 year before the date of landing or becoming PR. If that is the case then, how do you answer question 9c where it asks "During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada". For most people this could be true and if that is the case the form asks to fill out CIT1077, but that form is only for Crown Servant's Family Member or Crown Servant's
2. In question 11, where it asks for address (Where were you physically located), should one enter the home address or the company/school address?
3. In question 11, where the person applying was unemployed or student what should we put in the Name of Contact, Phone Number and Email?

Thanks..

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
Hi everyone,

Do we need to translate entry and exit stamps on the passport?

I have been to countries where their entry stamps are in different languages.

Thank you
Hi Spyfy,

Could you please help by answering this question.

thank you for all your hard work

genesystechie

Oct 11, 2017
HI !

Kindly check question 10(b) of the main form. It clearly states if you are out for more than 183, you have to submit police clearance certificate.
Okay.. I see it now! In my case the 4 year period is from Oct 2013 to Oct 2017 and I got my PR in second week of Nov. 2013. Do I need a PCC since the time period is about 30 days only?

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
HI everyone!

one question says about providing photocopies of biographical pages of passport and/or travel document. Kindly explain what is travel document. I held uk work visa on my passport and during my eligibility i was working in uk from 2012 to aug 2013. Do i need to provide photocopy of uk visa?
Hi Everyone!

If someone can answer above question, i highly appreciate.

__jack_br__

Mar 26, 2017
Question about 9.b):
I hold a work permit that expire date is after I got PR.
So the Date your status expired should be
1) the expire date of the work permit
2) PR landing date.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Everyone I have a question regarding employment history during my study tenure
I was working on my thesis , I had taken no courses, but I did a part time job with a company for 5 months, how do I show that, would that be counted as a study period? I guess I should simply go with student even though I filed my taxes for it

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hi Everyone I have a question regarding employment history during my study tenure
I was working on my thesis , I had taken no courses, but I did a part time job with a company for 5 months, how do I show that, would that be counted as a study period? I guess I should simply go with student even though I filed my taxes for it
You show both, that you were a student during that period, and also that you worked part-time. Student and Work periods can overlap; in fact they do in most cases.