+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Guys what about Question 10 , do we need to put in residence address for vacation we went to (like home country) within the eligibility period?
Vacation addresses are not required. Only permanent residential addresses need to be listed.

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Guys,
I don’t know what to put for expiry date for a protected pereon status. I thought protected person status does not expire!
Please help

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Question 11. Where were you physically located. Is thay the work address? Or mine

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
the printed calculator has "Date modified: 2017-09-22" at the end???
Yeah mine too. I would not be too concerned about that. I think it's like a version# for IRCC's IT put up the calculator.
As long as you have more than 1095 days, using the updated calculator and meet the requirements, I would think you will be fine.

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
We apologize for ongoing technical difficulties with our forms. We are working to fix the problem and will provide an update once available.

IRCC latest tweet

Reactions: blueangel371115

ocaan

May 7, 2013
Check out this link -

It tells you how to print the pdf when print is disabled. however, if you try it this way, the pages will have the "save/reset/print" on top of each page

Do not use this or similar tools, they could be copying your document on to their servers which includes all your personal information.

Reactions: hfinkel

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
I have a question and really appreciate if someone can help.

On question 11, there is a table that asks for employment and education history. The fifth column is:
"Where were you physically located? Address (number and street name)"

My question is if this address is my home address or my company/university address? It does not make sense to ask again for my home address as I already answered that in question 10, and I also changed my home address while working in the same company. However, the question asks for my physical location, not my company location. I am a little confused.

Thanks

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hi all!

I got married this December 2016.

I was wondering if I can change my name once I apply for citizenship (I'm eligible to apply early January 2018) so that on my citizenship certificate and then passport I will have my husband's surname. I haven't changed my family last name on my PR card and passport though after I got married.

Can somebody shed me some light, thanks a lot!
I would wit until after - everything within your application might get flagged. Your passport will have a different name and any other documents.

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
if you change your name after submitting application for citizenship, still you have to inform about the change of name, because your file will still be under review and any changes to your personal information such as name, address has to be updated while ur application is still in process
I haven't change my surname yet. I still have my family name on my PR card, passport and driver's licence.
I was hoping to change it once I apply for citizenship. I will include my marriage certificate on my package. So on the certificate will be changed and on the Canadian passport a well. I'm not sure if it will work with them though.

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
I have a question and really appreciate if someone can help.

On question 11, there is a table that asks for employment and education history. The fifth column is:
"Where were you physically located? Address (number and street name)"

My question is if this address is my home address or my company/university address? It does not make sense to ask again for my home address as I already answered that in question 10, and I also changed my home address while working in the same company. However, the question asks for my physical location, not my company location. I am a little confused.

Thanks
for questions 11), I input the work place address - my logic is: what's the point of asking your home address again if it's already provided in 10 a).

Reactions: hfinkel

Kamal_002

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I am eligible to apply for Citizenship and want to add my last name to my name. My Indian passport don't have my last name written on it and my License and PR Card as well. How can I apply for the name change while applying for citizenship.

Please reply if anyone has gone through the same situation.

Thanks