+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes in WES ECA process effective 1st Dec'18 HELP Required

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
You may or may not be correct , do we need to place the sealed transcripts envelope inside the courier envelope , and couries envelope shoud not be stamped as well?

check below link

https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm
You are right, seems like they want the University to courier it to them. I guess WES will check the sender's details on the courier packet to confirm it was sent by the University and not the applicant. WES just further complicated it for you guys :( !!! Not sure the University will want to take on this additional activity !!!

Good Luck !

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
Guys,

You need to also attach the Academic Records Request Form in which the universities authorized signature with seal is required. (I think this will be a headache and im going to Anna university on Saturday to inquire about this)

In the transcript you send to WES will contain a marksheet, a degree certificate sealed by the university and dont miss Academic Records Request Form which the university have to fill.

You dont have to send a degree certificate separately as it will be included in the transcript provided.

Update if you come to know more information regarding this.
Guys,

You need to also attach the Academic Records Request Form in which the universities authorized signature with seal is required. (I think this will be a headache and im going to Anna university on Saturday to inquire about this)

In the transcript you send to WES will contain a marksheet, a degree certificate sealed by the university and dont miss Academic Records Request Form which the university have to fill.

You dont have to send a degree certificate separately as it will be included in the transcript provided.

Update if you come to know more information regarding this.

Ajith,

if you check https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/International_Transcript_Request.pdf

Academic Request form is optional
In Transcripts envelope, there is only attested marksheets for all semesters.

Degree certificate need to be sent separately

I am confused liitle, i am thinking of little indian jugaad, i do not know if it works

i have transcript envelope which is back and front sealed,
in front it has university address, so if i send directly to wes , will they accept,
will they come to know who has send the document

Requesting university for sending the transcripts will another delay, because they send by normal courier(not speed courier) ,
if we send by fedex, it will reach to WES fast.

Any thoughts!!!

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Hello need immediate help for WES policy change from DEC'2018

guys please go through below link
https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

My question is
1. I have transcripts sealed in envelope , but shall i send myself or tell the university to courier it. anybody has done that, please let me know
2. do we need to send degree certificate separately, does it need to be attested?

i have sent mail to WES, waiting for their reply.

Please guide if anyone has confirm info on above!!!

Hi,
1. I have transcripts sealed in envelope , but shall i send myself or tell the university to courier it. anybody has done that, please let me know -------------- when you are about to send the transcripts to Canada there is a form that you need to fill which needs to be stamped by your concerned university , the form name is Academic record request form which is part WES site . If you read the form in the last option where it is mentioned for office use type there is a tick option which mentions if marksheet are provided or not . SO if ticked yes you need to ensure the marksheet are part of the sealed envelope along with the transcripts.

2. do we need to send degree certificate separately, does it need to be attested? ---- mentioned above in point 1

HOpe this clarifies.

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
I have done M Tech from MIT, Manipal. Do I need to send transcript of B Tech too? My B Tech university is not ready to send it to Canada. Also, it mentions in WES site that it’s an exception for M Tech for not sending B Tech transcript. TIA

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
I have done M Tech from MIT, Manipal. Do I need to send transcript of B Tech too? My B Tech university is not ready to send it to Canada. Also, it mentions in WES site that it’s an exception for M Tech for not sending B Tech transcript. TIA
HI Bharat,

Conj on establishing an Mtech degree
WES acts as an intermediate between you and the Canada visa authority .
If you only furnish your Mtech degree there is no proof of the Btec degree so you need to get a transcripts of your Btech degree too
The college / university will not send the degree they will merely make a transcript and attest your marksheet "put a true copy stamp" put it in a sealed envelope with the university address on the envelope
You need to put the WES address which you will get when you do the payment and register and courrier this to them
So by the details you have given you will need to send 2 courrier
1) Btech transcript
2) Mtech transcript

Hope this solves your doubt . All the very best hope !

dream_24

Dec 10, 2018
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my ECA done. The communication in the WES site clearly states that the new rule is applicable only for application received on or after Dec 1st 2018 which means if your reference number is obtained before Dec 1st 2018 this rule is not applicable to you. You can still send the documents by yourselves. But if the reference number is obtained on or after Dec 1st 2018, the transcripts needs to be sent by Universities directly.

This is my understanding of the subject. Correct me if I am wrong as I am planning to courier it myself by this week.

Thanks

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting my ECA done. The communication in the WES site clearly states that the new rule is applicable only for application received on or after Dec 1st 2018 which means if your reference number is obtained before Dec 1st 2018 this rule is not applicable to you. You can still send the documents by yourselves. But if the reference number is obtained on or after Dec 1st 2018, the transcripts needs to be sent by Universities directly.

This is my understanding of the subject. Correct me if I am wrong as I am planning to courier it myself by this week.

Thanks
college seal n stamp you can send.confirmd by mumbai univ

avootla

Jul 5, 2018
Hi All, I know it clearly says the new rule is not applicable to those who have recieved the Reference number before December 1st, but I'd like to hear again from you guys. If we have already received the report before Dec 1, we do not need to apply for evaluation again, right? The old one is still valid?

ShubhiA

Nov 29, 2018
Anyone from IIT Roorkee or any other IIT here? I need some clarification on mode of payment to obtain transcripts.

Ro€ker

Jan 13, 2019
As per the new requirement from WES w.e.f Dec'2018 - "The institution must mail the sealed envelope themselves. They should not give the sealed envelope to you or a third party to mail to WES"

dream_24

Dec 10, 2018
They once again send it for re-verification and you will be intimated to pay applicable fees to your university. In my case it was 100USD. University will send the details to WES directly post which your application will be processed. Until then they put it on hold.

gofor_suneel

Feb 14, 2019
Hi All,
I am facing one of the issues between WES and UPTU/AKTU Lucknow University for 2nd level of MCA Degree and Marksheet verification to get ECA done successfully by Canada WES.
After the transcript verified by WES Canada, WES sends the request to the University for 2nd level of verification. At present, WES is showing the status on hold and expecting an update from University to get verify my mark sheet ( Transcript) and degree. WES says that they have already sent the request through email or post to University but when I call to the university then university is saying that they have not received any request from WES. I am stuck and WES status is on hold for more than 1 month. Anybody else is facing the same issue or faced in past between the WES and UPTU/AKTU Lucknow University. Let me know, please.
Regards
Suneel

skulkarni16

Feb 4, 2019
They once again send it for re-verification and you will be intimated to pay applicable fees to your university. In my case it was 100USD. University will send the details to WES directly post which your application will be processed. Until then they put it on hold.
Are you from University of Mumbai too?

AmyKaur1920

Aug 4, 2018
I applied mid last year (2017) for ECA with WES, and they required the sealed documents directly from the university even back then. There don't seem to be any change !

The process then (and seems like it is even now) was to go to the college (in Mumbai) who issues the transcripts which needs to be taken to the Mumbai University with copies of the marksheet and degree certificate along with the originals, where the office of the Director of Student Welfare (behind Jaihind College) verifies the originals and attests the documents and stamps the envelopes and hands over to you to send to WES.

The charges for the same are very nominal, don't remember what it was then.

Hi,

Are we supposed to go to Kalina Mumbai University or the one which is in town. Plz help.

Regards,
Amy