+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes in WES ECA process effective 1st Dec'18 HELP Required

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Dear All,

I would be applying from Mumbai university for a Canada PR but it is come to my attention that post 1st Dec'18 WES is accepting sealed documents from university only not college

Kindly assist in answering few of my query
1) Has anyone gone to the Mumbai university post 1st Dec'18 and is the university ready to courier the documents ? How will this be tracked?
2) DId you submit the academic request form to the college and then sealed to the university who will courier it ?
3) Can you highlight the list of documents / papers that need to be carried to the mumbai university and charges if you have done point 1 and 2 , thanks.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Dear All,

I would be applying from Mumbai university for a Canada PR but it is come to my attention that post 1st Dec'18 WES is accepting sealed documents from university only not college

Kindly assist in answering few of my query
1) Has anyone gone to the Mumbai university post 1st Dec'18 and is the university ready to courier the documents ? How will this be tracked?
2) DId you submit the academic request form to the college and then sealed to the university who will courier it ?
3) Can you highlight the list of documents / papers that need to be carried to the mumbai university and charges if you have done point 1 and 2 , thanks.
I applied mid last year (2017) for ECA with WES, and they required the sealed documents directly from the university even back then. There don't seem to be any change !

The process then (and seems like it is even now) was to go to the college (in Mumbai) who issues the transcripts which needs to be taken to the Mumbai University with copies of the marksheet and degree certificate along with the originals, where the office of the Director of Student Welfare (behind Jaihind College) verifies the originals and attests the documents and stamps the envelopes and hands over to you to send to WES.

The charges for the same are very nominal, don't remember what it was then.

DavidFox

Oct 2, 2018
Dear All,

I have already applied for my Engg transcript for Canada PR from Anna University chennai, Now Suddenly the WES changed the process in receiving transcripts only from Universities are accepted.

Does Anna University directly send the transcript to WES ?
Could any one suggest how to proceed on this ?

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
I applied mid last year (2017) for ECA with WES, and they required the sealed documents directly from the university even back then. There don't seem to be any change !

The process then (and seems like it is even now) was to go to the college (in Mumbai) who issues the transcripts which needs to be taken to the Mumbai University with copies of the marksheet and degree certificate along with the originals, where the office of the Director of Student Welfare (behind Jaihind College) verifies the originals and attests the documents and stamps the envelopes and hands over to you to send to WES.

The charges for the same are very nominal, don't remember what it was then.
Thanks aton for the speedy response !! Hope things are going great for you in Canada ! Would like to read on your experience there post arrival if you have a thread or a blog.

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Guys just went to the mumbai university office today to enquire . they said there will seal stamp the college address while courier has to be done by us the students .
WES may have posted that due to students putting their own address and sending it to them which may have lead to confusion
THERE is NO change! be safe and get a good sleep :D

nitz19arg

Jun 2, 2018
I need to ask:
How does WES verify that courier is sent via university and not student?

I am applying along with my wife and would have to chase 3 universities in 3 different cities:eek:
Also, what should be included in the envelope other than:
inside: transcript + degree copy and
outside: WES reference number

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I need to ask:

I am applying along with my wife and would have to chase 3 universities in 3 different cities:eek:
WES wants the package sealed by the university and untampered by the applicant. All you need to do is place the sealed envelope you receive from the university into the courier envelope and dispatch.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thanks aton for the speedy response !! Hope things are going great for you in Canada ! Would like to read on your experience there post arrival if you have a thread or a blog.
Oh.. I am not in Canada yet, just received my PPR last week.. as of now passports have been submitted to NDVO via VFS and awaiting it's return.

Will share my experiences for sure, good luck with your application.

Reactions: v2hacker

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Guys just went to the mumbai university office today to enquire . they said there will seal stamp the college address while courier has to be done by us the students .
WES may have posted that due to students putting their own address and sending it to them which may have lead to confusion
THERE is NO change! be safe and get a good sleep :D
Some universities hand over the package rubber stamping the envelope (like it has been sealed) without actually sticking the envelope.

Some applicants have sent as is without sticking the envelope resulting in WES suspecting that the seal has been tampered with.

Make sure the envelope is carefully stuck as though sealed by the university itself if you receive any such unstuck envelope from the University.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I need to ask:

if you are dealing with three different universities in three cities make sure you send out each of them in three separate courier dispatches (like WES would have received them if the universities had actually couriered them).

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
Hello need immediate help for WES policy change from DEC'2018

guys please go through below link
https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

My question is
1. I have transcripts sealed in envelope , but shall i send myself or tell the university to courier it. anybody has done that, please let me know
2. do we need to send degree certificate separately, does it need to be attested?

i have sent mail to WES, waiting for their reply.

Please guide if anyone has confirm info on above!!!

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
WES wants the package sealed by the university and untampered by the applicant. All you need to do is place the sealed envelope you receive from the university into the courier envelope and dispatch.
You may or may not be correct , do we need to place the sealed transcripts envelope inside the courier envelope , and couries envelope shoud not be stamped as well?

check below link

https://www.wes.org/help#/path/Credential-Evaluation/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

Rajesh P

Dec 5, 2018
Hello need immediate help for WES policy change from DEC'2018

guys please go through below link

My question is
1. I have transcripts sealed in envelope , but shall i send myself or tell the university to courier it. anybody has done that, please let me know
2. do we need to send degree certificate separately, does it need to be attested?

i have sent mail to WES, waiting for their reply.

Please guide if anyone has confirm info on above!!!
I have also same doubt