+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes in application post ITA

mihir.patel

Jan 4, 2020
Hello kaubarian.

I do have one question that if I have certificate and I put it on express entry. They will calculate point without certificate if its not valid? Or it might leave negative effect in our file?

mihir.patel

Jan 4, 2020
Hello.

I have heard that oit certificate is not considered as certificate of qualification.
Do we get point with this?

Kaubarin

Dec 22, 2019
I think it’s a good idea to contact cic to get some information about this subject. It’s been confusing for many of us.

kushdewan

Jun 4, 2018
I have reached out to at least 10-12 immigration consultants and they have confirmed this certification does not qualify now for 50 points even if you work as a waste water operator. All the applications are being rejected. It used to be valid until last year September/October but not anymore. It’s depressing to know because I was dependent on that too. :(

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
hello everyone,
Am writing this regard certificate of Qualification. I have certificate of Qualification for operation in training for water and waste water treatment and I had applied for Canadian PR under CEC and received invitation recently. My job NOC is 2221 and COQ noc is 9243. When am applying in my profile I choose yes for certificate of Qualification and received 50 points and my score reached 490 ,without COQ also am with total of 440 and received my invitation at 439. Recently Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin I heard someone in my friends group got query on this asking it does relate to the course. Now my issue is I still did not submit my documents and am in confusion state to apply with this document or not.
Is there any chance to update my profile without this document where still I will be above the draw points .
Please help me in this I have more 20 days to submit the documents.
Thank you

I am working for a private company which deals with the waste water of various food industries.

Kaubarin

Dec 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have recently got an invitation to apply. I had included the OIT exam in my express entry profile. But my LMIA application is in process. I want to use LMIA instead.
That’s why , I want to decline the invitation. If I decline the invitation, Will it effect my LMIA process?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,

i am going to create my express entry profile So i just want to ask that is it possible for me to know whether I am eligible for EE or not?

As I have experience of two different jobs so I put details in it. I have total 11 month experience but according to EE it would be 12 month as they consider month to month.

so am I eligible to apply?

NBHULLAR02

Mar 26, 2020
Hi Pecxjj,
I have an question regarding OIT. I have been working as a Quality control analyst in pharmaceutical company from the past two years in British Columbia (NOC 2211). I have the OIT certificates issued by the Ministry of environment and climate change Ontario. My friends in Ontario got 50 points under the same NOC.
My question is am I going to get 50 points in express entry?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance
Hello Kaubarin,

Can you please share how did you got the OIT certificates issued by the Ministry of environment and climate change Ontario, my NOC code is 2211 and I have 2 years of experience(ontario) but I am not scoring enough in Ielts for my express entry profile.
I would reallly appreciate if you can tell what is the procedure for OIT.
did you and your friends got points for the OIT certification while working in NOC 2211?
Did you and your friends got PR ?

Rajj13

Mar 5, 2021
Hello everyone,
My self RAJDEEP. I am pursuing in construction project management one-year program. I am wondering about giving an OWWCO (wastewater treatment certificate ) to add 50 points for the PR file. well, I have 3 years of assistant civil engineer (NOC 2131) experience in India. So, am I eligible to get points in my case, once I cleared the exam?

Dec 15, 2019
Okay So finally, I'm eligible to answer this question - this couldn't be straight answer so please try to understand and precisely explain your'e self to IRCC why you claimed this 50 points against this licenses. Definitely it can't be a no because, there are few strong points to explain this -

1) NOC 9243 - is declared as a regulated job in Ontario along with all other provinces in Canada and hence regulated by Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
2)Express Entry / IRCC - this Organization is federally operated not provincially that doesn't means as they don't support provincial rules. So they majorly do consider jobs.gc.ca to declare does an occupation was indicated in regulated trade or not just in Ontario College of Trades.
3)NOC Classification - Under 2016 NOC classification still this NOC has first two digits with 92 which is under major skilled trade as per federal classification.
4)Unlike to any other certification issued by Ontario College of Trades (by which means of way you'll get COQ considering your'e credentials & work experience) So what happens if the trade is not regulated by this? Keep in mind that your'e getting licenses from provincial body itself however, it's not like every body do get in a regular way.
5) May be there are lot ways to get this certificate from OWWCO but, you're not eligible to write OIT examination without showing valid proof of your'e enrolment in Ontario college that teaches you about it by having maths in good standing. So this is not something like a computer science guy walk-in and write this exam to get these licenses. Though he does he should defy himself as how he/she deserved that 50 points in IRCC.
6)Majorly as per COQ definition by IRCC two steps as proves a person is qualified to work in this trade by passing a certification exam and should meet all requirements to practice this trade. So with OIT's yes you fulfilled these two steps.
7)Ontario College of Trades is the crucial in Ontario to issue COQ - IRCC clearly mentioned as body that governs this trade will issue certificates. If you keenly follow IRCC links you'll get to know or is mentioned as Ministry is also considered as governing body. Hence 50 points were given by IRCC so I preferred IRCC methods and explained my self with all of this information that I had gathered.
8)Always keep in mind IRCC officer should be satisfied that you deserved to have this certification in this trade may be past studies that support in relate to this not just plain explanation letter.
9)This trade is not something that you can start working from tomorrow without licenses. Yes you can but that will be only for under 6 months not forever thing to support your'e self as this trade was regulated. By all means please find differences between regulated and non-regulated trades as well. May be there won't be this NOC but go by definitions what they do mean and you'll understand it.

Best Wishes from me guys. Yes I did got 50 points and received my PR as well with the same. It all depends how your'e profile was structured.

Lack of proper information about this trade is leaving us confused. I hope it helps for following people as well.

Useful Links
1)https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/requirements/20827/22437
2)http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=743&top=29 - of-course this link is from federal skilled trades program. However there's no proper definition for COQ in rest two programs than FST. Yes once it considered as COQ your'e eligible to get 50 points in CEC & FSW as well. This proves to an officer that you have extra skill scale factor.
Hi, I have also submitted the same CofQ. Can we talk offline?