+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes expected in SINP OID list

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi All,
Congratulations to those who received SINP nomination, I am Electronic Engineer (2133) with Masters degree in same field and experience in Telecommunication industry for more than 5 years. As notice, before May 2016 there were like 60 occupations in SINP OID list which they reduced to only 21 Occupation. My question is that do anyone have any idea they will again increase number of occupations in near future?
My IELTS score is 5.5 in each module which is CLB 6 with 5 years of professional experience. All I can see with this IELTS score I am only eligible for SINP nomination currently but my NOC is not in OID list. I prepared my documents for SINP early this year and unfortunately they remove almost 40 occupation from their OID list.
Your kind suggestion would be highly appreciable.

Thank you
Regards

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Forget your OID category in SINP at the moment. Primarily for you to appear for EE thro' Provincial Nomination, your Language band should be minimum CLB7 in all abilities. If you fail to achieve it, EE might not consider to process your application even if SINP offers nomination. So try to take IELTS again and improve your score to get good chances of being selected.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatehelps said:
Forget your OID category in SINP at the moment. Primarily for you to appear for EE thro' Provincial Nomination, your Language band should be minimum CLB7 in all abilities. If you fail to achieve it, EE might not consider to process your application even if SINP offers nomination. So try to take IELTS again and improve your score to get good chances of being selected.

But you are talking about two different things. OID does not go through the Express Entry pool. Once you are nominated, you submit your applications and documents to the Central Intake Office in Nova Scotia to get your permanent resident visa process started. They will then forward it to their regional office that handles that of your country before you then hopefully get the visa if all things are equal.OID applicants have nothing to do with Express Entry process at all.