+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changed my job profile from accountat to plumber

PARMEET98

Nov 29, 2016
Dear All and senior members,

PLs advice me on my query
I passed my graduation (correspondence not regular course) in bcom from delhi university in 1999, and worked as account officer up to 2011 at that time i had applied for canada PR in accountant occupation, but at that time i had withdrawl my case because many senior members on this forum advised me that canada embassy does not entertain correspondence study and moreover they give preference to chartered accountant instead of B Com Pass , ther after withdrawl of my case i got my fee refund from embassy.
Now after that i did a two year regular trade certificate course in mecahncial field and after that i did a 3 year regular diploma in Mechanical Engineering which has completed in december 2015,
after that i started my career in plumber field with a plumber contractor there i got a enough experience to work as a plumber, but now my age is 38
can somebody calculate my point and advice me that how can i file my case now or wait for one or two year so i get more experience , I knew that there is high demand of plumber in canada, but i dont want to take step in hurry , pls advice now came to know that there is a new visa category express entry system pls advice how and in which category PNP or express entry i applied ,
pls calculate my point and let me know that will i be eligible

my age-38
qualification-upto 12th regular study, graduation in correspondence not regular, trade certificate of 2 year regular course, diploma in mechanical engineering 3 year course regular
english ielts mark -overall 7 band not each
experience-1 year if i apply after one year then it will be 2 year
no relative there

My wife age-33
qualification- graduation in regular course
not working she is housewife
english cant give ielts exam

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can still apply for pr using your account officer qualifications, the plumber bit is a bonus.

All qualifications are valid as long as you get an ECA.

Follow these steps to see how the process works. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html

Use the Crs calculator to get your score.

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
There are many free programs that offer training/apprenticing in trades to get Canadian experience and as you already have some experience in plumbing you should be able to find good paying work here without much trouble once you get here. However, as you probably can't show much work experience in plumbing it is better to apply for PR as an accountant. You would also need to find a way to get your CRS scores over 400 points for any hope of a PNP. And even then, I am sure there are a lot of people in the accounting NOC who have been languishing in the 400-450 range for a long time hoping for a PNP.

If you have the financial backing then it is probably an alternative path to enrol in a plumbing certificate course in a Canadian polytechnic and come here on a student visa.