+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change work from tfw to nanny

Jml

Apr 1, 2014
Hi, pls help me for my questions. First is I'm a tfw and I wanna apply as a nanny to avail their program. I've been here in canada for 2 1/2 yrs. it is possible or not even I don't have a caregiver course. Pls help me and how if possible.. Tnx

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
You can be a nanny but you will still remain under TFW and not on the Live in Caregiver Program. For you to be able to qualify on the program you should have the 6 months caregiver training OR a 1 year paid experince.

Jun 5, 2014
Hi mylady.

Im kinda confused about baing a nanny yet still under TFW program. I am also a tfw but due to the moratorium i decided to apply as caregiver since i have worked as caregiver in hongkong for five years prior tp my coming here last 2012. If it is then right that we can be issued with a work permit as TFW in what sector are we then? why cant we be on Live-in Caregiver program as we will have to be working as one?

And also in my case, i am now waiting for my LMO, how long will it take to have the LMO..the application for LMO was sent last 3 weeks ago.? And whenever i get the LMO how can i send it to VISA office outside Canada, online or by post? Do i have to go to the US?

Thanks for this furom..i do appreciate any all helpful response.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Jml said:
Hi, pls help me for my questions. First is I'm a tfw and I wanna apply as a nanny to avail their program. I've been here in canada for 2 1/2 yrs. it is possible or not even I don't have a caregiver course. Pls help me and how if possible.. Tnx
hi everyone, just to let you know that i got my result of my visa application yesterday and the visa officer refused my application. although i passed the requirements with my certificate in caregiver and elementary education background. i don't know why they approved my LMO and they refused the work visa. they just keep me waited for nothing. it's so annoying that they keep me waited for a long time with a negative result. their reason of refusal was he/she was not satisfied that i will leave in canada after my work contract because of my work status, (am under the temporary worker). they should stated next time that the temporary food service worker who already in canada cannot apply the work under the live in caregiver program so we are not wasting of our time and money! Just wanted to express how i feel right now. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the result of their application.

Jun 5, 2014
[flash=200,200][/flash]

That's really sad grafe. I think its not about being not satisfied. Thats gonna be my future too im afraid.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
I've been hearing this reason for work permit refusal more and more often lately and it's really starting to worry me TBH

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
happybrownskin said:
Hi mylady.

Im kinda confused about baing a nanny yet still under TFW program. I am also a tfw but due to the moratorium i decided to apply as caregiver since i have worked as caregiver in hongkong for five years prior tp my coming here last 2012. If it is then right that we can be issued with a work permit as TFW in what sector are we then? why cant we be on Live-in Caregiver program as we will have to be working as one?

And also in my case, i am now waiting for my LMO, how long will it take to have the LMO..the application for LMO was sent last 3 weeks ago.? And whenever i get the LMO how can i send it to VISA office outside Canada, online or by post? Do i have to go to the US?

Live in Caregivet is a special program separate from other TWP stream. There is a specific NOC for a babysitter or Nanny which is under low skilled and is separate from LIC program which will not have the previlige of applying PR after the contract ends. LMO now takes 3 months to process as for my experience from my other clients i had helped on his paper work to apply for an LMO. You will need to apply paper application to an Embassy outside Canada i will check which office handles the WP application for those who are already in Canada. You will received a letter of introduction once your WP application is approved. You can cross the border to get your WP no US vis needed. Should they decide to conduct an interview then you will need to apply for a US transit visa.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
happybrownskin said:
Hi mylady.

Here is the link of the VO for work permit application for those who are already in Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-york.asp

Jun 5, 2014
:) Thank you so much my lady. my employer called me yesterday that my LMO has been approved. i will check the link you sent to proccess my WP.. hoping for a positive result. like your sister i am also a single mom since my husband died 9 years ago leaving me a beautiful gir..kaya ko talaga ito pinaghihirapan. sana maganda ang resluta para makasama ko na sya.

God bless you po.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
grafe said:
hi everyone, just to let you know that i got my result of my visa application yesterday and the visa officer refused my application. although i passed the requirements with my certificate in caregiver and elementary education background. i don't know why they approved my LMO and they refused the work visa. they just keep me waited for nothing. it's so annoying that they keep me waited for a long time with a negative result. their reason of refusal was he/she was not satisfied that i will leave in canada after my work contract because of my work status, (am under the temporary worker). they should stated next time that the temporary food service worker who already in canada cannot apply the work under the live in caregiver program so we are not wasting of our time and money! Just wanted to express how i feel right now. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the result of their application.
Hi Grafe, where is your exit country when you came here in Canada under TFW? When you applied for your work permit under TFW did the officer asked for a proof of funds? I asked this questions because when my sister applied back then under TFW in Taiwan she was asked for a proof of funds and she had submitted her bank statements showing her savings. Also back then when i applied under LIC in Taiwan i was advised by a friend who is already in Canada that should i be interviewed i should be ready to answer the officer about going back to my home country after the end of the contract although the LIC program offers the PR application stream once you finished the 2 year contract. As with your case rejecting your work permit application it might have been due to the moratorium for TFW.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
hi my lady833, yes i did submitted my proof of funds and letter to the visa officer that i'm going back home after i finish my work contract. i came from taiwan too. that's what i guessed too! that the one reason of my refusal was about the moratorium. the second was my 6 months training of live in caregiver was taken long time ago already it was year 2004 but it was tesda accredited and it's full time training.( it didn't stated there that only recent 3 years trainings are accepted upon submiting the documents, only if using the work experience will use the 3 years recent, correct me if i'm wrong?). the ojt of my training was included in the 6 months, this is what i'm still figuring out because according to the cic website 6 months full time training and an ojt is not counted. anyone who applied and used the six months training for the LICP? please share. thank you in advance!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
grafe said:
hi my lady833, yes i did submitted my proof of funds and letter to the visa officer that i'm going back home after i finish my work contract. i came from taiwan too. that's what i guessed too! that the one reason of my refusal was about the moratorium. the second was my 6 months training of live in caregiver was taken long time ago already it was year 2004 but it was tesda accredited and it's full time training.( it didn't stated there that only recent 3 years trainings are accepted upon submiting the documents, only if using the work experience will use the 3 years recent, correct me if i'm wrong?). the ojt of my training was included in the 6 months, this is what i'm still figuring out because according to the cic website 6 months full time training and an ojt is not counted. anyone who applied and used the six months training for the LICP? please share. thank you in advance!
Oh i see now... The training and experience should be in the past 3 years and yours was a decade ago. Although it us Tesda accredited it does not count anymore as it is outdated already.

ashenne

Sep 11, 2013
is there anyone here know if i can apply lmo for nanny even if its not under cariging program? anyone pls

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
ashenne said:
is there anyone here know if i can apply lmo for nanny even if its not under cariging program? anyone pls
Yes you can. Check the CIC website for the guidelines and requirements