+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change to Automatic Visa Re validation since Oct 2017 and Impact

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Not yet but others' in this forum have successfully used it. No harm in trying.

I also have blank IMM 5456 that I can scan and email it to you. You can print it, fill it and then fax it to get your PR cards shipped. ;)
Thanks so much! I will try online , if not I will get the form from you!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I didn't say anything. They themselves asked if that was my address or not. Because during port of entry, officer asked me if I just came for landing. I told yes. So he wrote my expected stay as 2 hours. They eventually got to know.
Depends from agent to agent. In my case, I told agent upfront that I am turning around and returning to USA after landing and still agent insisted that provide him with a Canadian address to ship PR card :D

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I didn't say anything. They themselves asked if that was my address or not. Because during port of entry, officer asked me if I just came for landing. I told yes. So he wrote my expected stay as 2 hours. They eventually got to know.
ah ok.. it's difficult to get own address before landing. I guess most of us will give friend's or relative's address and mention that we plan to stay there.

Last edited:

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Depends from agent to agent. In my case, I told agent upfront that I am turning around and returning to USA after landing and still agent insisted that provide him with a Canadian address to ship PR card :D
yeah, mine was very rude, may be somewhat racist. She was asking things like how long your H1b is valid, why don't you land later when you have time till April etc. She was harshly saying pay a fee and apply for PR card when you move and have address.

The immigration office had wierd set up where chairs don't face the counter. They face the doors. When I turned to see if they are calling, she was calling with finger gesture like come here using index figure. It was very irritating.

the only positive was she didn't give any troubles with goods to follow. She stamped and gave a receipt.

KMSF

Apr 22, 2017
My wife and me are planing to do soft landing around March. Based on below details can someone advise if we can use AVR.
1. Old passport has H1b visa stamp(2011) from the previous employer.Current employer is different from the Old passport Visa stamp. Current passport doesnt have any stamps.
2. Spouse Case: Entered USA as H4 visa. Changed to F1 and recently got H1b. Old passport has h4 visa stamp. Currently on H1b status.

Based on the above info. Can someone advise if we can go for AVR.

Also, we are planing to enter the border through Vancover and giving Toronto adress for PR card mailing. Is that acceptable ? or do we need to give the same province adress. (NOTE: Iam under FSW programm)

Thanks.

Please share your experiences!!!!!!!!!

KMSF

Apr 22, 2017
My wife and me are planing to do soft landing around March. Based on below details can someone advise if we can use AVR.
1. Old passport has H1b visa stamp(2011) from the previous employer.Current employer is different from the Old passport Visa stamp. Current passport doesnt have any stamps.
2. Spouse Case: Entered USA as H4 visa. Changed to F1 and recently got H1b. Old passport has h4 visa stamp. Currently on H1b status.

Based on the above info. Can someone advise if we can go for AVR.

Also, we are planing to enter the border through Vancover and giving Toronto adress for PR card mailing. Is that acceptable ? or do we need to give the same province adress. (NOTE: Iam under FSW programm)

Thanks.

Please share your experiences!!!!!!!!!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Same with me also, travel history updated, i-94 is old only. It seems since we use avr no new i-94 is generated.
Hey did you happen to check this with your attorney or someone else? My attorney is asking me to go a deferred inspection site and get this corrected soon.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hey did you happen to check this with your attorney or someone else? My attorney is asking me to go a deferred inspection site and get this corrected soon.
I couldn't find any info about it on the web, I don't have an attorney to check. Pls update if you find anything more on it.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I couldn't find any info about it on the web, I don't have an attorney to check. Pls update if you find anything more on it.
Sure.. I have emailed CBP with my passport and petition scans. Let me see what they have to say on this. I have asked them if I need to visit deferred site to get online i94 corrected or whatever I have is fine.

Reactions: dora115

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Not yet but others' in this forum have successfully used it. No harm in trying.

I also have blank IMM 5456 that I can scan and email it to you. You can print it, fill it and then fax it to get your PR cards shipped. ;)
The online option is not working. I tried using UCI.. but I am not sure if they UCI it wants is the same UCI we have in EE profile. When I see sample format, it says four characters - four characters. It didn't work anyways with what I had.

I tried using COPR number. It seems to be in right format with T followed by 9 digits, but it still doesn't recognize our records.

With long wait for calling, faxing is probably the better way. Can you send me the form to this address - curidpostn@gmail.com.
Thank you!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
The online option is not working. I tried using UCI.. but I am not sure if they UCI it wants is the same UCI we have in EE profile. When I see sample format, it says four characters - four characters. It didn't work anyways with what I had.

I tried using COPR number. It seems to be in right format with T followed by 9 digits, but it still doesn't recognize our records.

With long wait for calling, faxing is probably the better way. Can you send me the form to this address - curidpostn@gmail.com.
Thank you!
Sure. I will send it to you on Wednesday. If you don't receive it by Wednesday EOD, then please remind me on Thursday.

Reactions: DEEPCUR

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

So I got response from CBP. They are asking to visit the deferred inspection center too. It's irritating to do all over again.

Reactions: dora115

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
So I visited CBP deferred inspection site and got new online i94 generated for my current passport (expired visa is on old passport). They also stamped my passport with 5th Jan, 2018, the date on which I landed and came back, and mentioned something like visa revalidation in that. New online i94 is valid up to the petition validity + 10 courtesy days which an officer can give at their discretion. @dora115 @VOBuckeye

I would have to get this done for my dependents too soon.

The land borders have limited time and technical assistance to do all of this stuff. Since they cannot take a lot of time at the post and since they cannot be referring every single person to secondary inspection, they just let people in without generating new i94. I am not sure if it is a right or wrong thing to do. There is no clear answer for this online. But my attorney, CBP customer service, and the officers at deferred inspection every said alike that this needs a correction.

Wow, this is so much stressful. I will definitely avoid taking this AVR option in future unless it is an emergency. I also really wish I get out of this visa mess soon.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
So I visited CBP deferred inspection site and got new online i94 generated for my current passport (expired visa is on old passport). They also stamped my passport with 5th Jan, 2018, the date on which I landed and came back, and mentioned something like visa revalidation in that. New online i94 is valid up to the petition validity + 10 courtesy days which an officer can give at their discretion. @dora115 @VOBuckeye

I would have to get this done for my dependents too soon.

The land borders have limited time and technical assistance to do all of this stuff. Since they cannot take a lot of time at the post and since they cannot be referring every single person to secondary inspection, they just let people in without generating new i94. I am not sure if it is a right or wrong thing to do. There is no clear answer for this online. But my attorney, CBP customer service, and the officers at deferred inspection every said alike that this needs a correction.

Wow, this is so much stressful. I will definitely avoid taking this AVR option in future unless it is an emergency. I also really wish I get out of this visa mess soon.
Thanks much @DEEPCUR for updating on this.