+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change to Automatic Visa Re validation since Oct 2017 and Impact

ramzie27

Mar 12, 2020
Hi, I have a question. My H1B got approved this October for the first time. (F1 to H1B Change of Status).
In this event, can I go to Canada for 3-4 days to activate the PR and avoid stamping for now? I am confused because my passport does not have any H1 stamps like most other people here, since this is the first time. So I'm not sure if it applies.
I guess an option is to go for visa stamping once I get to Canada, but that will definitely take longer than 4 days. Any help? Know anyone who has done this?
Hello, Please help, I am in same situation. Were you able to use AVR to enter without H1B Stamp at all on your passport.

ramzie27

Mar 12, 2020
Hello there, I am in the same situation. Changed status from F1 to H1B this October 2018. I have expired F1 visa stamp on my passport. I am planning to go to Canada in December for COPR landing and come back to USA in couple of days. If you could share your experience, I would appreciate it. Thank you .
Hello, I am in similar situation. Were you able to get back using AVR, please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have Canadian PR with expired H1b currently in US planning to move to Windsor and commute daily to Michigan.

Anyone here who is commutting to US from Canada on expired H1b but valid I797 on Auto Visa Revalidation(AVR)?

I will really appreciate your reply.