+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

dopedupguy

Sep 30, 2014
I applied in the EE system earlier this year while I was in the U.S. Got the ITA March 27th and submitted application on May 20th. I received a PPR request on October 23rd but I moved London last month.

On October 26th, I replied to CPC-Ottawa at their email address mentioning that I have changed locations and they might need to send my application to the London Visa Office. Haven't heard anything from them yet and was wondering if there is anything else I can do/any customer service number I can call since the time limit to submit passport expires on November 22nd.

Thanks!

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dopedupguy said:
I applied in the EE system earlier this year while I was in the U.S. Got the ITA March 27th and submitted application on May 20th. I received a PPR request on October 23rd but I moved London last month.

On October 26th, I replied to CPC-Ottawa at their email address mentioning that I have changed locations and they might need to send my application to the London Visa Office. Haven't heard anything from them yet and was wondering if there is anything else I can do/any customer service number I can call since the time limit to submit passport expires on November 22nd.

Thanks!
i think you might get local PPR in a day or two..
i got original ppr on 24th Oct, mailed cic for change on the same day for a change from Ottawa to Abu Dhabi VO and got local ppr today morning..

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nebm31 said:
Received email to MyCIC today Nov. 2 from Canadian Embassy Manila for my family back home to submit their passport. I sent my request to change VO last Oct. 29. For my spouse and 4 kids. Will send it thru VFS Manila.

God speed.
Congratulations, Nebm31! May your family join you real soon.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duskyblue said:
You would think so. :-/
Isn't it a lot more time consuming for them to always send out the "wrong" request first, then wait, then respond to our VO change request....?
I suppose it is consuming to send the "wrong" request first and that can be for a number of reasons, logistics being the primary one I would suspect.

In fairness, once I conducted the London VO with my specific query, they did forward my email to Ottawa and Ottawa sent instructions the same day. Overall it took 1 working day from my CSE to the London VO to have my local PPR sent through.

Fairly competent, I d say

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
I suppose it is consuming to send the "wrong" request first and that can be for a number of reasons, logistics being the primary one I would suspect.

In fairness, once I conducted the London VO with my specific query, they did forward my email to Ottawa and Ottawa sent instructions the same day. Overall it took 1 working day from my CSE to the London VO to have my local PPR sent through.

Early days so probably the system isn't perfect yet.

My PPR was issued directly from the LVO though and that was a pleasant surprise.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Lumen_UK said:

Hi Lumen
first of all congrats for getting ppr from your LVO.

Asivad/ Lumen
I had just replied to CPC Ottawa on ppr mail and did not send any CSE to my LVO . It has been 7 days now. Would you suggest me to send CSE to my LVO or I should wait for a couple more days.
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajit90 said:
Hi Lumen
first of all congrats for getting ppr from your LVO.

Asivad/ Lumen
I had just replied to CPC Ottawa on ppr mail and did not send any CSE to my LVO . It has been 7 days now. Would you suggest me to send CSE to my LVO or I should wait for a couple more days.
Thanks
No point sending it to the LVO - they are unlikely to have any information. You'll have to wait for the CSE response - it should be here any day now.

You can also try visiting the LVO/service provider (like VFS) nearest to your location along with the PPR letter to confirm if they can accept it without waiting for CIC's response.

All the best!

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
No point sending it to the LVO - they are unlikely to have any information. You'll have to wait for the CSE response - it should be here any day now.

You can also try visiting the LVO/service provider (like VFS) nearest to your location along with the PPR letter to confirm if they can accept it without waiting for CIC's response.

All the best!
Asivad is right. Try to VFS and see if they would accept your docs. I gave them a ring too but they wanted £15.20 for the document transmission which I thought was a lot. So waited for Ottawa to get back to me.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
Asivad is right. Try to VFS and see if they would accept your docs. I gave them a ring too but they wanted £15.20 for the document transmission which I thought was a lot. So waited for Ottawa to get back to me.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.
You will have to pay that to VFS even after CIC responds. Check their website for your country and you will notice that those are probably standard rates for their services.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You will have to pay that to VFS even after CIC responds. Check their website for your country and you will notice that those are probably standard rates for their services.
Not in the PPR I got Asivad. They asked to mail the documents directly to them (as in the High Consulate of Canada in the UK), not via VFS. There is no mention of VFS at all.

What they asked was for the prepaid envelope and they were happy to accept Royal Mail signed for envelopes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
Not in the PPR I got Asivad. They asked to mail the documents directly to them (as in the High Consulate of Canada in the UK), not via VFS. There is no mention of VFS at all.

What they asked was for the prepaid envelope and they were happy to accept Royal Mail signed for envelopes.
Good for you then! :)

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Asivad Anac said:
Good for you then! :)
Thanks Asivad and Lumen for prompt responses.
I will wait for 1-2 days and also try calling / visiting VFS Center in case they can process with ppr mail from CPC Ottawa

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajit90 said:
Thanks Asivad and Lumen for prompt responses.
I will wait for 1-2 days and also try calling / visiting VFS Center in case they can process with ppr mail from CPC Ottawa
i got my local ppr after 10 days.. so you might get yours in 2-3 days or so..
plus.. (dont know if i am right abt this).. but hav seen quite a few posts with local pprs on tuesdays / wednesdays, so may be they are given out in the middle of the week...

all the best!

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Adi_16 said:
i got my local ppr after 10 days.. so you might get yours in 2-3 days or so..
plus.. (dont know if i am right abt this).. but hav seen quite a few posts with local pprs on tuesdays / wednesdays, so may be they are given out in the middle of the week...

all the best!
Thanks Adi for sharing your thoughts.
Did u just reply to the mail by CPC Ottawa or sent cse as well . may I know your lvo if you can share

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajit90 said:
Thanks Adi for sharing your thoughts.
Did u just reply to the mail by CPC Ottawa or sent cse as well . may I know your lvo if you can share
just replied to the ppr email to change the VO from Ottawa to Abu Dhabi.. didn't send sent a cse..

had thought abt sending a cse, but then since others were getting the local ppr in 10-15 days, i decided not to send one cos the balance 15-20 for passport submission (out of the total 30 days) would have been more than sufficient for me..

as it turned out, we have now been given 30 days from date of local ppr to submit our passports i.e. arnd 40 days from date of initial ppr..