+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Early days so probably the system isn't perfect yet.

My PPR was issued directly from the LVO though and that was a pleasant surprise.
That's because your app was processed at your local vo. They no longer process outlandish apps at Ottawa. Lucky you!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
Not in the PPR I got Asivad. They asked to mail the documents directly to them (as in the High Consulate of Canada in the UK), not via VFS. There is no mention of VFS at all.

What they asked was for the prepaid envelope and they were happy to accept Royal Mail signed for envelopes.
Are you sure? My vo is also London and I was asked to go through vfs which I did. They don't actually mention vfs, instead they mention visa application center which is vfs. Based on past experiences by my friends London vo always asks to go through vfs.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Are you sure? My vo is also London and I was asked to go through vfs which I did. They don't actually mention vfs, instead they mention visa application center which is vfs. Based on past experiences by my friends London vo always asks to go through vfs.
Hi Anya654.

Yes, the address specified was the High Commission's address in central London Fao Immigration Department.

Did you pay the £15.20 for the application transmission?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
Hi Anya654.

Yes, the address specified was the High Commission's address in central London Fao Immigration Department.

Did you pay the £15.20 for the application transmission?
Really? Strange. Submitted mine to vfs on Thursday using royal mail special next day delivery. Paid the £15.20 transmission fee. Vfs received it on Friday and submitted it to the high commission that day. Received my passport back from vfs Monday.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Really? Strange. Submitted mine to vfs on Thursday using royal mail special next day delivery. Paid the £15.20 transmission fee. Vfs received it on Friday and submitted it to the high commission that day. Received my passport back from vfs Monday.
I am passport exempt. Maybe thats why? I havent sent the copy and the pictures yet. Thinking of submitting the envelope in person.

I did send a CSE to the London VO(Friday eve) who contacted Ottawa (Monday am) on my behalf and Ottawa responded the same day (Monday pm) saying they will send my docs to London VO for processing and got local PPR the same day (Monday late evening).

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lumen_UK said:
I am passport exempt. Maybe thats why? I havent sent the copy and the pictures yet. Thinking of submitting the envelope in person.

I did send a CSE to the London VO(Friday eve) who contacted Ottawa (Monday am) on my behalf and Ottawa responded the same day (Monday pm) saying they will send my docs to London VO for processing and got local PPR the same day (Monday late evening).
Maybe it's because you're visa exempt because a friend of mine also went in person but was told to drop her passport off at vfs so she had to go to vfs in person.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Maybe it's because you're visa exempt because a friend of mine also went in person but was told to drop her passport off at vfs so she had to go to vfs in person.
If all fails, there is a postoffice round the corner for the High Commission. :)

Your CoPR was issued very quickly. Well done by the way anya 654

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hi Anya,

You already received your passport from VFS? strange I sent mine last week and it is still with the LVO here in Manila.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello All,

While requesting for visa office wht should i include? Can any one help. I just have 20days left to do for my spouse visa office to be changed...

sewak34

Oct 20, 2015
sujani said:
Hello All,

While requesting for visa office wht should i include? Can any one help. I just have 20days left to do for my spouse visa office to be changed...
all i just replied to that email that u got for ur passport request .....i said dear officer my spouse is in india pls send passport request letter for delhi immigration ... and i got it after 15 days

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for your reply...in the mean while can i send my passort?

You told me tht u got it after 15days so how many days were given to u to send ur passport to local VO?

Thanks again for ur reply

sewak34

Oct 20, 2015
sujani said:
Thanks for your reply...in the mean while can i send my passort?

You told me tht u got it after 15days so how many days were given to u to send ur passport to local VO?

Thanks again for ur reply
yes u can send ur passport for visa i sent mine on the same day i got passport request and on the local visa office request letter they gave me another 30 days

dopedupguy

Sep 30, 2014
Adi_16 said:
i think you might get local PPR in a day or two..
i got original ppr on 24th Oct, mailed cic for change on the same day for a change from Ottawa to Abu Dhabi VO and got local ppr today morning..
Still nothing from CPC Ottawa about change of address from US to UK. Thinking if I should go to the Canadian embassy in London on Monday with a print out of the confirmation email and my passport.

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
Hi ALL,,,
so to change my Visa Office from Ottawa to another Visa office i only need to send from my personal email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca requesting the change ?
i thought maybe i can send this email from mycic, but i did not find anything to do so ....

what should i include in the email ?

Many thanks

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
Adi_16 said:
i think you might get local PPR in a day or two..
i got original ppr on 24th Oct, mailed cic for change on the same day for a change from Ottawa to Abu Dhabi VO and got local ppr today morning..
did you email them from your personal email ? what was the content of your email ?
thanks a bunch