+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

NINAPINTA

Oct 14, 2015
JB007 said:
My PPR was on October 13 and sent the request the same day. sent CSE to New Delhi today. Should probably send one to Ottawa now! Did you hear local Indian time? Many congratulations :)
I got an email around 3 a.m(India time), so it is probably handled by CPC Ottawa, i think its better to send a CSE to CPC Ottawa although i also sent a CSE to New Delhi just to be sure. Good luck.

djaybi

Oct 7, 2015
Hi

I got my change of Visa office, from Ottawa to Paris. Here is how it went :

13/10 : PPR from Ottawa
14/10 : Mail to CPC-CTD Ottawa saying that I'm in Paris, France
22/10 : I contact the Canadian Embassy in Paris myself, via email, asking them if I should send them my passport copy and pictures (I forward my Ottawa PPR with it). They refuse, I insist in another e-mail
23/10 : They respond via mail and ask me to send them passport copies and photos. I mail them right away. I track the letter, they receive it 24/10.
27/10 : Message in MyCIC Account, from Canadian Embassy in Paris, saying they are granting me PR and they are sending me my COPR via mail.

Yeay !

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
NINAPINTA said:
I got an email around 3 a.m(India time), so it is probably handled by CPC Ottawa, i think its better to send a CSE to CPC Ottawa although i also sent a CSE to New Delhi just to be sure. Good luck.
Thank you! Recieved it last night and submitted passport at local VFS today :). Good luck and thanks again!

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
I have just replied and requested for change of visa office.
Immediately, I received an automated response stating it will take around 20 working days.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Why are people asking for VO changes? I do not understand. For the Passport Request?

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
thatguy56 said:
Why are people asking for VO changes? I do not understand. For the Passport Request?
Many outlanders are receiving passport requests from Ottawa visa office.
Since, ppl outside North America cannot send their passports to Ottawa office, thus they request for a change to their local visa office.

hope it clarifies

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For citizens of Visa Exempt countries a digital photo and a passport copy uploaded or sent via email should do but CIC wants our lives a bit complicated even after PPR.

Given the fact that they are aware we are outside Canada, they could have made provisions for us already.

Sent an email to Ottawa, read almost immediately but no action since (ok, I only sent it on the 28th). Spoke to local VO (London) but said they couldnt deal with my application as I was an Express Entry candidate.

If someone knows of a way to move this quickly, please let me know.

Oh joy!

kuldeep1401

Dec 22, 2014
Rashmeen said:
Received local PPR from NDVO today.
PPR: 15th October
Hi Rashmeen,

I was hoping if you can help me in a situation here, I live in New Delhi India, and recently a week back i received my PPR, hence i wrote to CPC-CTD Ottawa for change of VO, Its has been a week now and i have recived no revert.

So to be on the safer side i contacted my local VO in delhi at Delhiimmigration@international,gc.ca and the new delhi office have reverted with a new PPR from delhi office stating that i should submit my passport in a nearby VFS office of canada.

So what do you suggest should i wait for CPC-CTD Ottawa reply or should i submit a passport, you see i dont want to jeopardize my whole year labour on the one silly mistake.

Regards,
Kuldeep Singh

kuldeep1401

Dec 22, 2014
NINAPINTA said:
I got a local PPR(New Delhi) this morning(IST), PPR was on 14 Oct from CPC Ottawa.

These are requests i sent:
Sent request to Ottawa for visa office change on 15 Oct: auto reply received
Sent request to Local Visa office(New Delhi) for visa office change on 16 Oct: auto reply received
Sent a CSE to Ottawa Visa Office on 20 Oct: auto reply received.
Sent a reminder email to CPC Ottawa on 26 Oct.

I was hoping if you can help me in a situation here, I live in New Delhi India, and recently a week back i received my PPR, hence i wrote to CPC-CTD Ottawa for change of VO, Its has been a week now and i have recived no revert.

So to be on the safer side i contacted my local VO in delhi at Delhiimmigration@international,gc.ca and they have reverted with a new PPR from delhi office stating that i should submit my passport in a nearby VFS office of canada.

So what do you suggest should i wait for CPC-CTD Ottawa reply or should i submit a passport, you see i dont want to jeopardize my whole year labour on the one silly mistake.

Regards,
Kuldeep Singh

Rashmeen

Nov 13, 2014
kuldeep1401 said:
Hi Rashmeen,

So to be on the safer side i contacted my local VO in delhi at Delhiimmigration@international,gc.ca and the new delhi office have reverted with a new PPR from delhi office stating that i should submit my passport in a nearby VFS office of canada.

Regards,
Kuldeep Singh
Hi Kuldeep

Did you received new PPR through your Mycic account or they responded to your email directly?

As far as I know you don't get replay from CPC-CTD Ottawa after VO change request. It's only Local VO that respnds with new PPR. (I might be wrong but that's what happened in my case- I received new PPR from NDVO thru myCIC account)

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Stamped passport and copr receive day home today. 2 days. Unbelievable! A huge thank you to all of you

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
Stamped passport and copr receive day home today. 2 days. Unbelievable! A huge thank you to all of you
Well done JB007!

What was your local VO?

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Received email to MyCIC today Nov. 2 from Canadian Embassy Manila for my family back home to submit their passport. I sent my request to change VO last Oct. 29. For my spouse and 4 kids. Will send it thru VFS Manila.

God speed.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Lumen_UK said:
For citizens of Visa Exempt countries a digital photo and a passport copy uploaded or sent via email should do but CIC wants our lives a bit complicated even after PPR.

Given the fact that they are aware we are outside Canada, they could have made provisions for us already.
You would think so. :-/
Isn't it a lot more time consuming for them to always send out the "wrong" request first, then wait, then respond to our VO change request....?