+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Status OPW to PR while traveling outside Canada.

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi There,

I am on open work permit and it was valid till january 2022. I have applied PR under CEC category in the month of June 2020. I got the invitation and I have submitted all the documents and I have completed my biometrics as well. Now my application is showing 100%. But still the application is under progress, the final decision was not yet given. Now I came to india for vacation. I will return back to canada in february 2021. What will happen If my PR approves before the date of my travel.

1. Will my work permit get cancelled once I receive the PR confirmation?
2.Do I need to apply for any travel document to travel back to canada?If yes, How long it will take to get the travel document?

Please clarify..

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
If you have visa stamping & you dont receive PR approval in the next 1-1.5 months, safest bet would be to travel back with Visa on Work Permit and proceed with further processing of your Post COPR steps.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
The trouble is, if you get a direct CoPR without a phone call/web portal invitation link, they might cancel all your temporary resident documents. This includes your WP and the TRV.

You'd then have to apply for a PR travel document to fly back to Canada.

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
The trouble is, if you get a direct CoPR without a phone call/web portal invitation link, they might cancel all your temporary resident documents. This includes your WP and the TRV.

You'd then have to apply for a PR travel document to fly back to Canada.
Thanks alot for your reply..Could you please tell me
What is the processing time for PR travel document?
What is the procedure if I receive web portal invitation link?

Thank you

Praveench

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
If you have visa stamping & you dont receive PR approval in the next 1-1.5 months, safest bet would be to travel back with Visa on Work Permit and proceed with further processing of your Post COPR steps.
Thanks for your reply. Incase If I receive the COPR before the date of my travel, I need to apply for PR travel document. Could you please tell me what is the processing time for PR travel document.