+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Signature

unfairsystem

May 11, 2011
Hi to all,

Can we change the signature when we land in canada first time? As everyone has to sign in confirmation of permanent resident document in front of officer. the signature is completely different from what has been signed in all the immigration forms, medical forms and elsewhere during the whole immigration process and different from current passport.

thanks

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unfairsystem said:
Hi to all,

Can we change the signature when we land in canada first time? As everyone has to sign in confirmation of permanent resident document in front of officer. the signature is completely different from what has been signed in all the immigration forms, medical forms and elsewhere during the whole immigration process and different from current passport.

thanks
Why do you want to change your signature? There is always a possibility that it will create problem or delay later. Signature is a very important thing in determining one's identity. Although I'm not sure if it will be a big deal on behalf of the immigration officer.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Why not sign the COPR using the same signature on the application forms and after that you can consider using a new one? Personally, I wouldn't change my signature.

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
Hi to all,

thanks
DId you hapen to update your signature ? i have same question after 8 years of this post