+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of NOC Code in Primary occupation and Work History

GC2017

Dec 3, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for Express Entry last October and I listed my primary occupation to 2151 – Architect (Skill Type A), and my work History are as follows;

1. 5242 – Interior Designer (Skill Type B)

2. 0212 – Architecture and Science Manager (Skill Type O)

3. 2151 – Architect (Skill Type A)

4. 2251 – Architectural Technologists and Technicians (Skill Type B)

5. 2151 – Architect (Skill Type A)

6. 2264 – Construction Inspector (Skill Type B)

7. 2264 – Construction Inspector (Skill Type B)

8. 2151 – Architect (Skill Type A)

However, since my IELTS CLB score is 6, obviously I did not make it and my application for Express Entry is Ineligible.

Now I am thinking of approaching this in a different direction;

My Question would be;

1. Can I re-apply a new Express Entry Profile and lists my Primary occupation to 2253 – Drafting Technologists and Technicians (Skill Type B) Since CLB 6 would make it to Skill Type B Occupation.

2. Can I change my previous work history of 2251 – Architectural Technologists and Technicians (Skill Type B) into 2253 – Drafting Technologists and Technicians (Skill Type B), I am planning to change this because I saw in my previous job contract that my job description is close to 2253, secondly I am eyeing to apply as Draftsman in Saskatchewan High Demand Occupation lists.

I hope for the seniors and those who came across to this situation can assist me, thanks in advance.

Thanks,

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
It depends on whether your jobs duties and responsibilities are consistent with your new primary NOC or not. The primary NOC should be the NOC you have most work experience. Your previous ineligible profile should not have any impact on your future PR application.

GC2017

Dec 3, 2017
It depends on whether your jobs duties and responsibilities are consistent with your new primary NOC or not. The primary NOC should be the NOC you have most work experience. Your previous ineligible profile should not have any impact on your future PR application.
Thank you Andy,

Base on your response, I guess I still have to pursue the 2151 NOC code, since this is what I have most of my experience. What do you mean "Your previous ineligible profile should not have any impact on your future PR application" please clarify.

Thanks again.