+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change course after refusal

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Thank you for the information. I will try this option.
I did IELTS General.

My EE profile was sitting at 398 (lost more points when I turned 44 in January. My husband is 45 years and included in my profile). The nomination from SINP gave me 600 points. Points at ITA was 998.
Thank you for the information. I will try this option.

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hello! have you reapplied for study permit with the changed program? any decision update? actually, I am also planning to change the program, after getting 2 rejection with a pgd program.
I didn't file the visa application yet. I opt May, 2022 intake. Would you mind to share your profile including your IELTS score and refusal reasons? Did you change the program/course in the second attempt?

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
I am just coping my post, you might get it from here.
"Hello everyone, I need your suggestion badly. I got 2 rejections for a Canadian study permit with the UBC DAP-PGD-Accounting program. In 1st GCMS they mentioned the financial reason and I solved it with an explanation. IN 2nd rejection they mentioned about the purpose of your visit and your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, or other educational opportunities available
Here is my profile:
BBA in Finance; CGPA: 3.50
IELTS 6.5 (all brand 6 or 6+)
Work experience: 3 years in relevant field
Now I am planning to change the program and getting a new offer letter for an MBA or Master in Finance. I will apply for the 3rd time in the Fall-22 semester with a new program. In the meantime, I will sit for GMAT and IELTS and will try to improve the results. Now I am seeking help from you is:
Please give an opinion on my plan, and will it cause any issues if I change my program?"
I am not a person with advanced-level knowledge in acquiring a study visa. But I would like to share what I discovered after searching a lot on the internet and reading many forums when I got the refusal.

You can check out my profile and visa application details on my forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-visa-refusal-sept-2021-irrelevant-course-216-1-experienced-candidate-8-years-experience.738730/#post-9554857

Tips:

1) Get an LOA from a reputated university or college, I was recommended the University of Winnipeg, Seneca, Humber and other colleges you can find on my forum. But I was told by forum members you have poor academic grades they may not offer you any course. And visa consultants convince you to apply for colleges with poor or average consultants because such colleges give them better commissions.

I applied by myself to the University of Winnipeg and Seneca college, both have a good reputation. I got LOA from Seneca college and waiting for the University of Winnipeg.

University brings more chances of visa approval than colleges that is what I was told and I am imparting to you.

2) Opt for a master's degree than a diploma has more chances of getting a study visa if you hold a bachelor's degree

3) My findings say the SOP plays a significant role if you got refusal reason "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and plans."

If you are confident about the program/course you choose and get the refusal then re-apply with the same course. But your SOP must state how the selected program would bring growth to your career (in the same profession, you are working in) and persuade the AO. This is the case, In which you are not supposed to change your job sector.

If your education and job are entirely different than the course/program you choose then SOP must state the strong reason and convince the AO. For instance, your current job sector has less growth and opportunities than the new desired job sector.

TIPS for writing SOP

There are some companies and freelancers that are specialized in writing SOP. Ultimately, you have to give them the reason why you are changing course and how the new course can bring you better opportunities than older course. Therefore, I started preparing technical content that states my reason to change the course. I will send this content to the SOP writer. He/she will use my content and create a final SOP to submit in the visa application.

Don't hurry, spare at least 1 week to write the reason why do you want to change the course. Keep searching on the internet for the merits and future scope of your older and new course/program. Compare the features of both courses/programs. And use them to state your reason.

I am in a dilemma. Some experts say changing course will adversely impact the visa application, others say it would not negatively impact my visa application if I convince the AO with a stronger SOP.

Let see what the future brings, hope for the best.
Best of luck

Feb 15, 2022
Hello, I have a 2 year full time diploma for tourism and travel industry management and 2 years of experience working as a travel planner. I applied for hospitality and tourism administration advanced diploma in centennial but I was denied based off saying that my choice of program did not match my previous studies …. Should I reapply by writing a strong sop or should i consider to change my course?
please help
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have a 2 year full time diploma for tourism and travel industry management and 2 years of experience working as a travel planner. I applied for hospitality and tourism administration advanced diploma in centennial but I was denied based off saying that my choice of program did not match my previous studies …. Should I reapply by writing a strong sop or should i consider to change my course?
please help
Thank you
Your choice of program will not lead to an advancement in your career back home. You need to find a course that will lead to career advancement that justifies the cost.

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
please help
Thank you
Did you thoroughly mention in the SOP why you chose this program? Did you give the strong reason behind choosing such a path to make progress in your career.