+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change country of residence while PR application in process

Feb 29, 2016
Hello All,
I am in need of urgent help!!!!
My PR application is in process through Express entry. I got ITA under FSW class and I am currently in Canada on PGWP. I want to move to USA to live with my spouse. I want to know if I can move to USA and if I can, how can I update my address. When I try using to online service the system is unable to find my application using my file number. How will my application be processed and how will I receive a PPR? I got ITA on Oct 2, 2015 and AOR on Nov 28, 2015. We were waiting on the FBI report for my spouse as he is living in USA and submitted the report on Feb 6, 2016. I am planning to visit my spouse in mid of March 2016 and I am thinking of just living with him. Can I move to USA in the middle of my application in process. I do not want to ruin my application just because of my hasty decision. I work in Canada and will not be working in USA for a while. Will that affect my application. I will have to notify my employer too if I quit. And will I have to inform CIC about my job situation?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
First Option:
You can send CSE to CIC that you are moving to America on Holiday (say 30 -days). Get leave letter from your company showing leaves to that period.
And give your new address where you ll be living while holidaying.
If you go on 15th March, (one month leave) 15th April. I think by then you would have got PPR as per you AOR.

If you do not get PPR by then, do come back.
during this period if your employer any query by CIC then make sure that he says you are on leave.

Second Option:
Leave job, tell CIC through CSE that you have left job and you are moving to America for living with your husband and intend to come back when you receive PR.

Third Option: Stay wherever you are. If i would have been in your place, then i would have waited for the decision to arrive. Its just 2-3 months.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
CSE is case specific inquiry, where one can update CIC with any changes or any requests or any additional docs/information.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
What if the applicant goes to US on a work permit,H1B. How to deal with that situation.
Will it be a problem.(FSW Outland).

Feb 29, 2016
BreakingBad said:
What if the applicant goes to US on a work permit,H1B. How to deal with that situation.
Will it be a problem.(FSW Outland).
If your application has always been FSW Outland I do not see any issue for you to travel anywhere around the world as long as you are updating your address to the Canadian Application office processing your case.

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
If your application has always been FSW Outland I do not see any issue for you to travel anywhere around the world as long as you are updating your address to the Canadian Application office processing your case.
Hi, what about police clearance in such a case? Will CIC ask for a police clearance from this new country ?

dshah

Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

I need some urgent help on this - I had applied for Canadian PR from India and received an ITA which I accepted and while my application was in process, I moved to the UK on a sponsored work visa. Now I have received an email from the IRCC asking to send my passport for the entry visa within the next 30 days through VFS India. Is there a way around this which will enable me to move my application from India to the UK office?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
D

Last edited:

belleshoe

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
@dshah , You need to raise a case specific enquiry, and ask them to change the visa office from India to UK telling them that you have moved to the UK. Or probably call them up on their number and speak to them.

Arun Jayadev

Mar 25, 2019
Hi,

I need some urgent help on this - I had applied for Canadian PR from India and received an ITA which I accepted and while my application was in process, I moved to the UK on a sponsored work visa. Now I have received an email from the IRCC asking to send my passport for the entry visa within the next 30 days through VFS India. Is there a way around this which will enable me to move my application from India to the UK office?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
D
Hi Dshah - Can you please let me know if you were able to change the Visa office. I'm in the same boat.

Thank you

dshah

Jan 7, 2018
Hi Dshah - Can you please let me know if you were able to change the Visa office. I'm in the same boat.

Thank you
Hi Arun,

Yes, I managed to get my file transferred to my country of residence successfully. You have to write to the Visa office that is currently holding your file (in my case it was the Canada immigration office in Delhi delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca). If you do not know where your file is, you can give a call to the IRCC call center. Bear in mind its a long waiting time until you can speak to one of the agents (who are really helpful, by the way).
What really helped me was to change the address in the website through the 'Change of circumstances' form. Give me a shout if you are not able to find that form, and I shall do a little digging in my history for you. :)

Wish you the best!

Regards,
D

Arun Jayadev

Mar 25, 2019
Hi Arun,

Yes, I managed to get my file transferred to my country of residence successfully. You have to write to the Visa office that is currently holding your file (in my case it was the Canada immigration office in Delhi delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca). If you do not know where your file is, you can give a call to the IRCC call center. Bear in mind its a long waiting time until you can speak to one of the agents (who are really helpful, by the way).
What really helped me was to change the address in the website through the 'Change of circumstances' form. Give me a shout if you are not able to find that form, and I shall do a little digging in my history for you. :)

Wish you the best!

Regards,
D
Thanks for your quick reply Dshah. I will contact you again if I need help.

Much appreciated.

UpbeatCanada

Apr 12, 2019
Hi Arun,

Wish you the best!

Regards,
D
Hey dshah, were there any complications because you did not inform them immediately after you moved ? Also, can you please tell me the IRCC call number

Arun Jayadev

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for your quick reply Dshah. I will contact you again if I need help.

Much appreciated.
Hi Arun,

Wish you the best!

Regards,
D
Hi Dshah - Please can you let me know how long Delhi took to transfer your record? Also can you please send me the IRCC number.

I've contacted them, but still no reply.